Jets Rewards redemptions

Unruhch

Oct 20, 2013
That wasn't an error. I got the email at 420 today, opened around 445 and purchased one of the spots at 453. In the 8 minutes I was aware of the reward it went from an availability of 8 spots down to 4.

basplit

Jan 12, 2014
I just sent this to my ticket rep:

This whole Jets rewards thing is becoming comical(not in a good way)….

I’ve now spent about $40,000 on Jets tickets over the years (close to double that if you include jerseys, beer & 50/50)– my jets rewards are being expired, and there is basically nothing to redeem them for. To offer insult to injury there is now a “special offer†to get a $25 dollar gift card for 10,000 points. So essentially what True North is telling us dedicated season ticket holders, we really appreciate your support – to show you how much – for every TEN THOUSAND dollars you spend you can get a $25 dollar gift card….

Prior to our reward points expiring there was always a good selection of autographed Jerseys & other memorabilia…but now, since people are desperate to redeem their points before they expire all the good memorabilia is gone (or jacked up way in price) and replaced with draws and chances to win things….needless to say this is very disappointing…

Good Letter----I hate the auctions and there isn't much after that to get. Getting pretty lame.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Another year, another month, more expiring points with nothing but contests to cash out on.

I was hoping that each season you would be told how many points are expiring and that you would have all season to use them, but I guess not. I had points expiring Jan 1 2017, and now I have more expiring on Feb 1 2017, so it looks like it will be a monthly running total.

Just can't wait until the month of ticket renewals where you make most of your points and they expire that month with nothing to cash out on, or in the summer months.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Jets points expire monthly?
What kind of bull donkey is that?!

WTH... I just had to basically give away 3000 points now there will be points expiring monthly?!?!

Pursuant to the Jets Rewards Terms & Conditions, unredeemed Jets Points will expire on the first day of the month following the three (3) year anniversary of the date they were earned.

The Jets specifically reserve the right to revise the Jets Rewards Terms & Conditions and/or amend, alter, withdraw or terminate Jets Rewards (and/or any aspect thereof including rewards, benefits or privileges thereunder), in whole or in part, at any time without notice for any reason, without liability, and in their sole discretion.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
It's kinda like Air Miles....

Except Air Miles reversed their position on expiring points because of public outcry. Points last forever again.

If people complain too much to TNSE about their rewards program, IMO TNSE will just make it worse ( 10000 points for a $25 gift card and you can only use 1 per year... are they insane? ) or cancel it outright.

Honestly, since I will no longer be able to accumulate enough points to get something decent, I would be happier if I could just use rewards points to get discounts on food and drinks at the games, instead of entering some contest where your odds are slim to none.

Sent an email to the Jets suggesting points for food stuffs.

Last edited:

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
....*snip* Honestly, since I will no longer be able to accumulate enough points to get something decent, I would be happier if I could just use rewards points to get discounts on food and drinks at the games, instead of entering some contest where your odds are slim to none.

Great idea, I would be all for using my points for food and beverages.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
It's kinda like Air Miles....

I sent them an email a couple of years back suggesting it was reminiscent of Club Z (now HBC rewards) points.

I get the frustration for sure, my initial complaint goes back to wanting the fridge and it was hard to gather the points. When I thought I had enough they'd jacked the price. Of course I subsequently screwed myself over by giving up on the fridge and getting an auto'd Scheifele jersey only to find the fridge in my 'price range' a couple of weeks later. Ugh. I even had someone here offer to sell me one but it wasn't a good time to part with that amount of cash (the price was not unreasonable just higher than I could spare at the time).

But at least I was able to get a few things out of it. The auto'd jersey, a Buff autograph on a poster and an upgrade this year for the Lightning game. I've spent enough that I have nothing expiring but with the expiry aspect I know that fridge is again forever out of my reach.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Except Air Miles reversed their position on expiring points because of public outcry. Points last forever again.

If people complain too much to TNSE about their rewards program, IMO TNSE will just make it worse ( 10000 points for a $25 gift card and you can only use 1 per year... are they insane? ) or cancel it outright.

Honestly, since I will no longer be able to accumulate enough points to get something decent, I would be happier if I could just use rewards points to get discounts on food and drinks at the games, instead of entering some contest where your odds are slim to none.

The reversal wasn't due to public outcry. It was cause Ontario passed a law where points couldn't expire so it would be more effort than it was worth to deal with Ontario differently than the rest of Canada.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The reversal wasn't due to public outcry. It was cause Ontario passed a law where points couldn't expire so it would be more effort than it was worth to deal with Ontario differently than the rest of Canada.

It was an Ontario's MPP’s private member’s bill that got it reversed, because of the public outcry in Ontario. Semantics....

Regardless, it's interesting the steps being taken by LoyaltyOne now that they are forced to not expire points.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...-reversal-is-a-bogus-victory/article33134906/

LoyaltyOne said it “will adjust the value proposition to collectors to offset the lost economics … and to maintain, as closely as possible, the economics of the Air Miles reward program prior to cancellation of the expiry policy.â€

Basically, you can keep your points forever, but it will cost you way more points to get what you want.

In the case of the Jets, they have done both... expire the points and make it take more to get something. For some reason, they didn't like people hoarding points.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
No biggy grab a few signed pucks or sticks when they come out (top players get snapped up quick so don't wait) yeah I will never be able to get enough points for the fridge or a signed jersey but who cares it's a little bonus not a way to put money back in your pocket.... I'm okay with them not letting me collect points for 20 years and exchanging them for 5% of the team ownership :D

But I do think they should offer a greater variety of low point prizes..

How about vouchers for a drink and jets dog at a game? That's a win win....Except for the people in the row in front of me.... The jet dog burps are fierce. :D

Last edited:

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
That's the issue. If you are not one of the first dozen or so people to happen to log on right when they put the lower point items up (pucks, sticks etc.), they are all gone leaving you with no option but to try and win one of the contests which is basically giving away your points.

If I'm forced to use my points I would much rather get something for them even if it is a beer / hotdog / popcorn etc.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have yet to spend my first rewards $. I don't need another snow globe. I look forward to when they expire so my account rep can sleep better at night.....it seems to concern her that I have opted out.

jack boot thugs

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I have yet to spend my first rewards $. I don't need another snow globe. I look forward to when they expire so my account rep can sleep better at night.....it seems to concern her that I have opted out.

jack boot thugs

I recommend that you spend 50 000 points to attend the meet and greet Q and A with Chevy. Perhaps you could ask him about the Stanley pick? or throw him a real hardball.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
50,000 points to see Chevy's press conference doesn't get you in the door, you have to make sure to buy a ticket to the game. I found that one to be quite amusing.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I recommend that you spend 50 000 points to attend the meet and greet Q and A with Chevy. Perhaps you could ask him about the Stanley pick? or throw him a real hardball.

Or I could ask him about the time he and his fellow Wheat Kings teammates got in a big fight in my bar at a WHL slow pitch tournament in Prince Albert when he was a junior hockey player? :laugh:

Boys will be boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad