Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
Heinola scores his 1st goal of the year, stretching his points streak to 4 games (1+7 in that span).

He’s now 4th in Liiga in points scoring for defencemen, with 13 points in 16 games.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Heinola scores his 1st goal of the year, stretching his points streak to 4 games (1+7 in that span).

He’s now 4th in Liiga in points scoring for defencemen, with 13 points in 16 games.
He also didn't score a goal in Liiga last year. Last goal he scored was in a Jets' uniform.

Reactions: JetsUK

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I dont think Heinola will ever be much of a goal threat. Its his vision and playmaking where he excels offensively.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Yep. But where there's a Ville there's a way.

giphy.gif

:laugh:

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
Heinola with an assist here...

...extends his point scoring streak to 5 games (1+8 for 9 points over that span). He now has 14 points in 17 games, tied for 22nd in scoring in Liiga, and tied for 2nd in scoring among defencemen.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Heinola with an assist here...

...extends his point scoring streak to 5 games (1+8 for 9 points over that span). He now has 14 points in 17 games, tied for 22nd in scoring in Liiga, and tied for 2nd in scoring among defencemen.

A couple of really good things about this play: 1) terrific mobility with the puck, keeping his head up as he moved quickly backwards along the line; 2) he saw the play developing and deliberately looked off the defenders while his D partner moved into position. By keeping his head / eyes focused on the net, it froze the defenders who expected him to make a shot attempt creating room for his D partner, and then when his D partner was open he fed him a perfect pass. Those are the kinds of attributes that are hard to teach. When Heinola has more strength / speed, I think he could be a very effective puck-moving D that creates a lot of offensive plays once the team is in the offensive zone.

By the way, Heinola is now tied for 2nd in points for Liiga D, and top-10 in CF%. By my rough calculations, he is leading the Liiga D in even-strength points / 60 (ahead of Valimaki, among others).

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Nice article about Vesalainen in the WFP today (paywall - Vesalainen not fooling around). Basic messages:
  • KV is focused on playing a style that will be successful in the NHL,
  • knows that he needs to earn a spot on a roster deep with wing talent,
  • has been working very hard in the off-season
  • really liked Vincent as a coach, and appreciated how he communicated with KV

"It was a rocky start last year but when the games went on I played better and got a little bit more comfortable in the game, on the North American game. (Moose head coach) Pascal (Vincent) is great, I like him a lot. We had a couple of good, long talks. We talked about everything, hockey and life. That’s the one thing he does, gives you some reassurance.

"I feel like when you talk to your coach, you get more comfortable on the ice when you have that bond. That’s a big key, for sure."

"When you’re a young guy, you expect a lot from yourself. You expect to go to the NHL and play right away. Obviously, that’s not how it goes all the time but I didn’t maybe realize that at first," he said. "Now, after a few years, I realize that you have to put in the work every day. You can’t just do it with your talents. If you are working hard and you’re good enough, you’ll get the call. You try every shift and play good, so that somebody can see that you’re an NHL player.

"That’s been my main goal since I got drafted. But every year you learn a little bit more about yourself, what you have to improve on. So, I think I’ve worked hard this summer and now on the ice, and I’m excited for training camp."

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice article about Vesalainen in the WFP today (paywall - Vesalainen not fooling around). Basic messages:
  • KV is focused on playing a style that will be successful in the NHL,
  • knows that he needs to earn a spot on a roster deep with wing talent,
  • has been working very hard in the off-season
  • really liked Vincent as a coach, and appreciated how he communicated with KV
Really good on Vincent. Love having a coach like that working with the young guys on the Moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad