Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Already Kraskovsky's best season - by far. Has he ever shown much interest in coming to NA?
Yes a couple of years ago he gave an interview that he wanted to come to NA the following season after his contract ended and said he was willing to play in the AHL if needed. Nothing came of it though... not sure what happened.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Calcutta

Oct 3, 2019
Been watching videos of Samberg and he seems to play the right hand side quite a lot. I'm just seeing the highlights of his games obviously, but a bit of googling says his usual linemates are left shots as well.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
What are the expansion rules if Heinola and Samberg play more than seven games this year?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
What are the expansion rules if Heinola and Samberg play more than seven games this year?

As snowkiddin said, but the impact for Ville would be his ELC would slide again if he played less than 7 games. Samberg is already 22, so his ELC won't slide. And he'll be UFA at 27 regardless, whereas Ville's clock to UFA will start once he starts playing regularly as I would assume his UFA number will be 7 years in the NHL and not 27 years old. (as I am assuming he becomes a regular this year or next).

Entry-Level Slide Candidates - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Been watching videos of Samberg and he seems to play the right hand side quite a lot. I'm just seeing the highlights of his games obviously, but a bit of googling says his usual linemates are left shots as well.

I don't think you'll see Samberg play his offside to start in the NHL, though he did play his offside with Perunovich as a partner, in college, if I am not mistaken. I believe Maurice came out saying he'd like to see him on his left side.

With Forbort starting to struggle a bit defensively with Pionk, I think it would be a good time to see what he can do.

We could get 4 pairings out of

Morrissey-De Melo
Samberg-Pionk
Forbort-Poolman
Stanley-Beaulieu,

with some competition, at the bottom.

Heinola is the wild card. He's good enough it seems to play in the NHL, but also an obstacle in the development curve of more mature defensemen like Samberg and Stanley. I think he's the best choice on the right side, because I think the Jets would like to have some bigger defensemen behind Morrissey. And with Pionk.

If the Jets can slide his ELC through the season, I don't know how that affects his playoff availability. But he seems to be more of a depth option early in the season the way management is handling his workload.

Samberg might have to go through the AHL route to get to the NHL, at least a few games for the coaching staff to have a better analysis of what he brings at the pro level, but I wouldn't be surprised if he and Heinola are swapped between the Moose, once he gets up to playing speed.

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
I don't think you'll see Samberg play his offside to start in the NHL, though he did play his offside with Perunovich as a partner, in college, if I am not mistaken. I believe Maurice came out saying he'd like to see him on his left side.

Samberg played a ton of right side his first two years with Mikey Anderson, who is up playing with the Kings. Perunovich and Samberg never really played together. Last year their coach separated them to even out the pairings.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
If things could somehow work that we start 2021-22 with
Morrissey-Samberg
Heinola-DeMelo
Forbort-Pionk
Stanley-Beaulieu

I'd be fine with that

Reactions: Calcutta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad