Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
And who then sits in the PB? Harkins or Appleton?

Either Harkins or Perreault.

If Thompson is in the PB who plays 4C? Not Perreault, Appleton or Roslovic. Harkins? I'd be surprised.
It should be one of Copp or Lowry, but we both know that won't happen.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Either Harkins or Perreault.

If Thompson is in the PB who plays 4C? Not Perreault, Appleton or Roslovic. Harkins? I'd be surprised.
It should be one of Copp or Lowry, but we both know that won't happen.
I cold see MP in the PB if he takes yet another step back, but no way Harkins. The way Maurice gushed about him last season he will be a mainstay in the bottom 6 and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets multiple looks at center.

Reactions: ps241

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I cold see MP in the PB if he takes yet another step back, but no way Harkins. The way Maurice gushed about him last season he will be a mainstay in the bottom 6 and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets multiple looks at center.

He gushed about him but press boxed him for the play-in.

That said, I think he certainly should be in the lineup. I don't see him at C though. Not because he can't play C but because there are plenty of other bottom 6 C's. He might get a look when we have injuries.

Thompson should be in the PB. I just don't think he will be.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Liiga is suspended until the 19th due to new Covid restrictions in Finland.

Perhaps it's time for the sports leagues of the world to heed the advice of Mr Ramsay and...

60970779.jpg

Consider coming back in 6-8 months when maybe the world is in a better state.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Perhaps it's time for the sports leagues of the world to heed the advice of Mr Ramsay and...

60970779.jpg

Consider coming back in 6-8 months when maybe the world is in a better state.
Vaccines are starting to roll out in 9 days, there's light at the end of the COVID tunnel and that tunnel is significantly shorter for some i.e. the rich.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Vaccines are starting to roll out in 9 days, there's light at the end of the COVID tunnel and that tunnel is significantly shorter for some i.e. the rich.
If pro athletes get prioritized for vaccines, I’d be pretty damn pissed off. Many more who need it before entitled millionaires do.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
If pro athletes get prioritized for vaccines, I’d be pretty damn pissed off. Many more who need it before entitled millionaires do.
Millionaires or entertainers? No one wants those first doses. My wife is a nurse and will be forced to take the first dose. she'd prefer to wait a few months before getting it. Rushed vaccines and all that stuff.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Millionaires or entertainers? No one wants those first doses. My wife is a nurse and will be forced to take the first dose. she'd prefer to wait a few months before getting it. Rushed vaccines and all that stuff.

Yep. Everyone in my unit is signed up. At least we'll be able to track the responses of our colleagues in all the other provinces who will get them before we do -- if this year's flu vaccine madness is anything to go by.

I expect the rollout in Canada to be pretty chaotic at first. And for there to be some bluster and blowback from the usual suspects.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

They are establishing the protocol for prioritizing who gets it first. Is it possible for people to end sweep this process.......sure but what is the net effect? It sounds like first vaccines are coming out shortly and that over the next six months pretty much everyone "that wants it" will have access to it depending on what country you live in of course. Canada has a goal to try to get to 70% of our population vaccinated by September of 2021. I assume that is more than 100% of the people willing to take it?

"Based on that advisory group’s preliminary guidance, the recommendation is that essential workers and others who face increased risks related to COVID-19 should be vaccinated against the disease before everyone else. Examples of those at higher risk include providers of essential services, or those whose living or working conditions put them at higher risk."

They will have an agreed to system of priorities in place and everyone's going to get their crack.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Vulnerable and health care workers will get it first. Then rich, then whoever wants it. Without the vaccine sports teams cannot function normally and make a profit, they'll jump on it as quickly as they are allowed and if putting in a bit of money moves them ahead in line they will.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
The numbers are kind of mind-boggling when it comes to a roll-out. Quite an operation.

If you assumed for a second that they roll out in Winnipeg via community centres (not suggesting they will at all)...
  • 63 in Winnipeg
  • assume 12,000 people per centre
  • assume 9,000 opt in
  • 2 nurses per CC
  • 15 nurse-hours per day per CC
  • 7 injections per hour
  • say 115 people per day
  • that'd be about 80-90 days

depending a lot on whether the supply can keep up and whether the staffing is availabl3

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

These vaccines have been tested on 10's of thousands of people already. The process has been sped up mostly just by paralleling the steps. The one thing that has been shorted is the time available for longer term risks to show up. That leaves a real but probably very small risk.

At my age, I am not concerned with the small chance of some severe long term effect. I would take the vaccine today if it was available. Not sure if I would feel differently if I was younger, or not.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They are establishing the protocol for prioritizing who gets it first. Is it possible for people to end sweep this process.......sure but what is the net effect? It sounds like first vaccines are coming out shortly and that over the next six months pretty much everyone "that wants it" will have access to it depending on what country you live in of course. Canada has a goal to try to get to 70% of our population vaccinated by September of 2021. I assume that is more than 100% of the people willing to take it?

"Based on that advisory group’s preliminary guidance, the recommendation is that essential workers and others who face increased risks related to COVID-19 should be vaccinated against the disease before everyone else. Examples of those at higher risk include providers of essential services, or those whose living or working conditions put them at higher risk."

They will have an agreed to system of priorities in place and everyone's going to get their crack.

Last I heard, according to surveys almost 50% of Canadians are 'hesitant' to get the vaccine. I think that hesitancy will drop off quite quickly as people see others getting the vaccine safely.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

The only way athletes get it ahead of time is if the NHL pays Pzier out of their own pocket for it imo. Then it is up to supplier to meet that request ontop of all the commitments they have made to all the countries that have bought it. I would think the drug company would prioritize orders in the 10s of millions over a 600 or so does order.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The numbers are kind of mind-boggling when it comes to a roll-out. Quite an operation.

If you assumed for a second that they roll out in Winnipeg via community centres (not suggesting they will at all)...
  • 63 in Winnipeg
  • assume 12,000 people per centre
  • assume 9,000 opt in
  • 2 nurses per CC
  • 15 nurse-hours per day per CC
  • 7 injections per hour
  • say 115 people per day
  • that'd be about 80-90 days

depending a lot on whether the supply can keep up and whether the staffing is availabl3

The supply chain logistics are pretty fascinating. In the US and Canada (I think) they are getting experts in said logistics from military leaders who had to operate in the arena specifically like you laid out but on a national scale. Operation Warp Speed in the US is the supply chain logistics program and has been interesting to monitor.

Last edited:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The only way athletes get it ahead of time is if the NHL pays Pzier out of their own pocket for it imo. Then it is up to supplier to meet that request ontop of all the commitments they have made to all the countries that have bought it. I would think the drug company would prioritize orders in the 10s of millions over a 600 or so does order.

I am sure there are ways but as long as we are getting the vaccine to the most in need as fast as possible then there is time for a controlled role out over a 6 month time horizon. Pro sport teams are a drop in the bucket numerically. It’s not something that I will get my knickers in a Knot over one way or the other.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Last I heard, according to surveys almost 50% of Canadians are 'hesitant' to get the vaccine. I think that hesitancy will drop off quite quickly as people see others getting the vaccine safely.

Yea it may start high (50-50) but I think many people will come around over a half year when the anticipated Zombi apocalypse fails to materialize. It’s an important PR battle they are aware of.

People are free to make up their mind on it but speaking personally I will get it as soon as my turn comes around.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Great news and from what I have read, almost all side effects would have shown up by now.
It seems like very safe vaccines. Nobody has gotten severely ill after taking any of the three vaccines.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
The supply chain logistics are pretty fascinating. In the US and Canada (I think) they are getting experts in said logistics from military leaders who had to operate in the arena specifically like you laid out but on a national scale. Operation Warp Speed in the US is the supply chain logistics program and has been interesting to monitor.

I think Katrina, most recently, has tought the US about domestic emergency response. Not sure how competent they are, but the initiative is there.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think Katrina, most recently, has tought the US about domestic emergency response. Not sure how competent they are, but the initiative is there.

They have an aggressive plan we’ll see how it unfolds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad