Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Another egg for Nikkanen while getting trounced by Lundell. 11-1 loss, 2G4A for Lundell.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Another egg for Nikkanen while getting trounced by Lundell. 11-1 loss, 2G4A for Lundell.

I don't know what to make of Lundell's stats. His team is just trouncing other teams lately. What have they outscored the opposition 19-2 the last few games.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
it would be nice if somehow someway a couple players perform and we can have a skilled third line and bump Lowry down. I would be very pumped if this happened
It seems Jets fans can all agree on this.
Maurice has other plans though. It's not about depth of talent, it's just the way he wants his team structured.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
It seems Jets fans can all agree on this.
Maurice has other plans though. It's not about depth of talent, it's just the way he wants his team structured.

I agree. Even when we picked up statsny at the deadline he bumped little down to the fourth line and left Lowry at 3c. This move alone should tell us nothing will change with this topic

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Well, who f***ing cares what Lundell did? I get it, some people wanted us to draft him. Some people thought it was a mistake to take Perfetti over him. Well, we didn't, so move on. Do we now have to listen to daily reports of "here's what Anton did today" in OUR prospect thread? He's not our prospect.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Well, who f***ing cares what Lundell did? I get it, some people wanted us to draft him. Some people thought it was a mistake to take Perfetti over him. Well, we didn't, so move on. Do we now have to listen to daily reports of "here's what Anton did today" in OUR prospect thread? He's not our prospect.

Personally I don’t mind hearing what Lundell is doing. Saves me from having to scour through pages and pages on the Lundell thread on the main board.

I really liked Lundell as a potential pick for the Jets but I am equally excited about Perfetti. No harm in keeping an eye on what a prospect we passed on is up to in OUR prospect thread. Players will always be compared.

How many times did we as Jets fans bring up the good fortune of drafting Connor because of Boston’s three suspect selections? Goes both ways. Nothing to get bent out of shape over.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Personally I don’t mind hearing what Lundell is doing. Saves me from having to scour through pages and pages on the Lundell thread on the main board.

I really liked Lundell as a potential pick for the Jets but I am equally excited about Perfetti. No harm in keeping an eye on what a prospect we passed on is up to in OUR prospect thread. Players will always be compared.

How many times did we as Jets fans bring up the good fortune of drafting Connor because of Boston’s three suspect selections? Goes both ways. Nothing to get bent out of shape over.

Personally I was on the Lundell bandwagon and still think he will be good.

But I really think Perfetti will be better and will be the better pick in the end.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Its not out of the ordinary for a guy his age to have a good year in the Fin elite league. Barkov and Laine a year maybe even 2 years earlier during there draft year had real good years in the Fin elite league almost a ppg. Lundell is a 19 year old and is having an excellent start to his season and with someone with his pedigree on a team that is scoring a ton I would expect that

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014

But I really think Perfetti will be better and will be the better pick in the end.

You can't get all hot and bothered about a player having a hot streak. I remember when everyone was bent out of shape we passed on Tolvanen and took Vesalainen instead after Tolvanen had a hot start. Both players put up about 0.5 PPG in the AHL last year.

I'm pumped about Perfetti. I was hoping the Lundell would make it to us in the draft, but I thought Perfetti was going to be long gone at that point. I think we made the right pick. We don't have Perfetti to compare to yet. Lets see how he looks when he starts playing.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Tough year. Sorry, shouldn't have been so harsh but honest to God, the ink is barely dry on Perfetti's ELC and we've already seen the "heard there are character issues" and "there's a reason he fell so far" crap being tossed about. It just makes me want to :banghead:
I feel ya and no worries. Honestly it had nothing to do with Perfetti that I included it, it was more just a fun tidbit about a player that we're familiar with in a game that included our prospect. Down the road it's possible that Lundell will become the better player but I won't ever look back and think it was the wrong choice at the time.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Tough year. Sorry, shouldn't have been so harsh but honest to God, the ink is barely dry on Perfetti's ELC and we've already seen the "heard there are character issues" and "there's a reason he fell so far" crap being tossed about. It just makes me want to :banghead:

I feel ya and no worries. Honestly it had nothing to do with Perfetti that I included it, it was more just a fun tidbit about a player that we're familiar with in a game that included our prospect. Down the road it's possible that Lundell will become the better player but I won't ever look back and think it was the wrong choice at the time.

One of the many reasons that this is my favourite Board on HF. A Member can have a less than their best moment and not be shamed for it, but rather be given the opportunity to come back & apologize/clarify.

I'm probably butchering the quote, but " A person who can admit they're all wrong when they are all wrong - is all right."

I've certainly had many less than stellar moments when triggered & then over-reacted.

As @JetsUK mentioned, thank you to those providing updates.

34myw7.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't know what to make of Lundell's stats. His team is just trouncing other teams lately. What have they outscored the opposition 19-2 the last few games.

They appear to be an offensive powerhouse. Lundell appears to be a big part of that.

Ilves has scored more, allowed less, in 1 fewer games.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree. Even when we picked up statsny at the deadline he bumped little down to the fourth line and left Lowry at 3c. This move alone should tell us nothing will change with this topic

He did the same thing with Hayes. Down from 2 to 4. 3 is written in stone.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I agree, but I think it might be close.

One difference I see favouring Lundell would be the possibility that he is more NHL ready. He might even have been able to play 2C for us this year - just possibly. Then the cap space that was spent on Stastny might have been leveraged to get us a top 6 RHD.

But that is just speculating for the fun of it. We got a great prospect in Perfetti and his ceiling may be a fair bit higher than Lundell's.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Yeah, OK. This is still my happy place - for now. Negativity not wanted. But you left out the part about his agent. :laugh:

I would have been quite happy to get Lundell. So I'm still interested in following him. But I'm happier to have gotten Perfetti. I didn't even pay any attention to him pre-draft because he was supposed to be long gone. But we can't talk about Perfetti's play right now. So Lundell gets a mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->