Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Over 15 minutes of ice-time and 3 SOG for Lundmark today in a 2-1 OT win. I'm not sure what to make of his potential, but he's worth keeping an eye on if he continues to increase his role in the SHL as a 19 year-old.

He's also moved up to the second pairing the past couple games. Not a ton of minutes and not a lot of points, but clearly they like his game enough to keep him around. Small correction he turned 20 last month, only checked because I was curious about his World Juniors eligibility.

Gawanke played in the "MagentaSports Cup" today on the third pairing. Lost 3-0 and unfortunately was in the penalty box when the game winner was scored. Last I checked I think DEL was supposed to start up mid December-ish.

Last edited:

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Vesalainen is now tied for 2nd most goals scored (4) and 5th most points scored (7) on his team, despite playing only 5 of their 14 games.
In the 6 games he’s played HPK has scored 15 goals and he’s been in on 8 of them.

Before he joined they had 1 regulation win, 1 OT/SO win, 1 OT/SO loss, and 6 losses in regulation. One of the worst teams in the league if not the worst.

Since he joined the team they have 1 regulation win, 1 OT/SO win, 4 OT/SO losses, 0 losses in regulation.

He appears to have made a big impact and they are slowly moving up the standings.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
In the 6 games he’s played HPK has scored 15 goals and he’s been in on 8 of them.

Before he joined they had 1 regulation win, 1 OT/SO win, 1 OT/SO loss, and 6 losses in regulation. One of the worst teams in the league if not the worst.

Since he joined the team they have 1 regulation win, 1 OT/SO win, 4 OT/SO losses, 0 losses in regulation.

He appears to have made a big impact and they are slowly moving up the standings.

This the first time in his professional career he is a game changer. Huge for development.

Reactions: Ginger Papa and DRC

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
Heinola had 2 assists today, and is now up to 10 points (all assists) in 14 games. He had 14 points (2 goals) in 34 games in his draft year, and 7 points (no goals) in 29 games in 2019-20.

Along with his usual defensive partner (Robin Press), Heinola continues to dominate Liiga in the rate of 5v5 shot attempts per game ("S+", which is basically Corsi-for). Heinola is averaging 16.5 S+ per game -- every other regular player in the league (except Robin Press) is averaging less than 14.

He's giving up a fair number of 5v5 shots against, but he's still maintaining roughly the 20th best Corsi% in the league (among players with 10 or more games played) at 59.5%. That's the 2nd best Corsi% on his team.

Last year, Heinola had a similar profile -- leading his team in Corsi% (59%) and averaging about 13 "S+" (5v5 shot attempts for) per game, which put him around 10th in the league -- but he didn't put up points.

He's driving play even better this year, and the points are starting to come -- 5 of them in his last 2 games.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Scouching just did our draft recap, we graded as a 1B so pretty darn good. He really liked all of our first three picks and was meh on our last one:

Yes, upper echelon score by Scouch - equal to the Leafs and Sharks at the top of the heap.

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
Heinola is very good at giving the one timer pass on blue line. But I'm fairly sure we already saw that when he was playing with the Jets.

Think of a PP with:

Perfetti, Scheifele, Connor
Heinola, Laine

Passing; check
Sniping; check
Creativity; check
IQ/Structure; check
Potential Chemistry? Checkmate

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Think of a PP with:

Perfetti, Scheifele, Connor
Heinola, Laine

Passing; check
Sniping; check
Creativity; check
IQ/Structure; check
Potential Chemistry? Checkmate
I think a PP also needs to have players that play with effort / intensity. They still need to win some puck battles to maintain / regain puck possession. I think that our current PP sometimes lacked that.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
I think a PP also needs to have players that play with effort / intensity. They still need to win some puck battles to maintain / regain puck possession. I think that our current PP sometimes lacked that.
Hey Whileee!

I thought about this, which is why i contemplated Ehlers/Wheeler in exchange for Connor, but for whatever reason my envision of a picturesque powerplay style involves high IQ to slow it down and look for opportunities, as opposed to the high intensity guy (for example; Brandon Tanev). Ironically, I feel high intensity players with active stick movement and quick spurts of acceleration for purposes of pressure are better suited on the PK.

but wth do i know... I coach Timbit hockey :)

Last edited:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Moa-lah Heinola!

Predicting him as a Jet outta TC this year, especially if they go with expanded squads (no AHL).

He is only 19 and his contract can slide.... another year and his 3 year ELC can start next year. With a 48 game season (at best With Covid 19 ) just like the lockout season.

I would rather him finish the season in Finland.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Which of our prospects are sitting idle?

Samberg
Kovacevic
Chisholm
Stanley

Any others? I'm not counting Perfetti because of the WJC.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Which of our prospects are sitting idle?

Samberg
Kovacevic
Chisholm
Stanley

Any others? I'm not counting Perfetti because of the WJC.

Nathan Smith. Harrison Blaisdell. Jared Moe. Our WHL prospects too. Kristian Reichel isn't playing anywhere either. From what I can tell Johannesson isn't playing. Can anyone confirm if he will be on team Sweden's U20 roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad