Jets Prospects 2018-2019 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
9 games 0 points for Heinola in Liiga.

Malaise?

Guessing there's an adjustment period between the leagues and styles but sure hope he starts to turn it around or that NHL-E is going to have the main boards declaring him a bust by the new year.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Apparently Dylan Samberg rifled a goal this evening. Went top shelf.
Into his own net! Doh!

I think he also got a couple of assists. Very hard to get real time info on these college games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atoyot

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Another power play assist for Lundmark today, surprised they're using him there but happy he's producing.

EDIT: actually given his production over the last season it's not really surprising he's being used there. Fell into the strange narrative here that he's Jacob Cederholm 2.0 because he's Swedish I guess? Despite the fact that Lundmark has out produced him hand over fist at the same ages and is known for being a good skater.
If anything he’s more like a Swedish Tucker Poolman.

Reactions: JetsUK and hn777

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Heinola gets his first point in Liiga, a primary assist.
Watched the highlights, and Heinola made a nice move to walk in and shoot. Goalie got a piece of it but it got through him, and Heinola’s teammate tapped it in before it went in on its own. Very easily could have been his first goal.

hope that takes a bit of pressure off him, and he can play his game now.

Reactions: JetsUK and Atoyot

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Gustafsson centering Hoglander and Fagemo in pre tournament play. If they stick with that we'll get to see what offensive chops he has, if any.

YWG

Jun 1, 2011
Austin Wong still yet to play a game this season for Harvard, EP lists no injuries either. At what point do the consider a school transfer or a move to the CHL? Hard to develop if you are not playing games.
Wong is hurt and won’t play until the new year

The third forward in the class of 2023 is also an NHL prospect. Austin Wong, a Winnipeg Jets selection in 2018, will add an element of two-way grit to a Crimson team that generally will be smaller and quicker than most ECAC groups. Due to injury, however, the team will have to wait on Wong’s contribution until sometime after the new year.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
halfway through the season, what's your current top 10 prospect list for the jets?
big risers? big disappointments?

@Mortimer Snerd @Kyosama @Whileee

Heinola
Samberg
Harkins
Berdin
Gustafsson
Kovacevic
Gawanke
Niku
Vesalainen
Chisholm

Risers: Gustafsson, Harkins, Kovacevic, Gawanke
Fallers: Vesalainen, Stanley, Niku

Heinola and Samberg are easy choices. After that they are very close and could be put in almost any order. I agree with Whileee's list of risers and fallers. Add Gawanke to the risers list.

Reactions: neelynugs

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Heinola
Samberg
Harkins
Berdin
Gustafsson
Kovacevic
Gawanke
Niku
Vesalainen
Chisholm

Risers: Gustafsson, Harkins, Kovacevic, Gawanke
Fallers: Vesalainen, Stanley, Niku

Heinola and Samberg are easy choices. After that they are very close and could be put in almost any order. I agree with Whileee's list of risers and fallers. Add Gawanke to the risers list.
Vesalainen will prove people wrong. The kid is still young and making adjustments to his game. With his size and speed he will be a great winger on the Lowry and Copp line next year.
Power forward, strong on the wall.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Off hand...

Heinola
Samberg
Niku
Vesalainen
Gustafsson
Berdin
Harkins
Kovacevic
Chisholm
Gawanke

Risers: Gustafsson, Harkins, (Kovacevic)
Fallers: Vesalainen, Stanley, (Niku)

Hard to argue with the top 10. I would bet Stanley makes it before Gawanke and Chisholm, but not necessarily because he deserves it. Also I love Berdin and really hope he makes it for entertainment's sake, but I don't have super high hopes for him. I'd probably switch him out of the top 10 for Stanley.

I'll add a couple risers in Nathan Smith and Henri Nikkanen, not that they make the top 10 but they're showing well, especially Nikkanen after missing a ton of time last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad