Jets Prospects 2018-2019 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Why don't the Jets make some deals with local universities to help their college players get the fourth and final year of their degrees while playing for the moose or the Jets.

All these players can easily finish their degrees in the summer or remotely. Most like Copp wnd upndoing just that. Imo this is just posturing for a better bonus plan.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Are you guys surprised Declan Chisholm hasn’t signed yet?

I’m kind of worried a few guys haven’t signed yet. Gawanke was a late off season signing so still holding out hope that Chevy can get Chisholm and Samberg signed. Hoping the holdout is just bonus talks.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I assume Chisholm is eligible to join the Moose next season (when not if he signs). That will be really nice to see him playing at the next level.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So it’s pronounced Chiz em

He has a nice one timer and an accurate wrist shot. I like guys with tip-able shots and he has that.

Reactions: hn777

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Thanks Kill for the videos. Chisholm (by the video samples), seems to have a great ability to get shots through, and on the net.

Now, I know that we are not going to see highlights of shots into shin pads and ones that miss the net (MAJOR hockey pet peeves for me), but a question for anyone that has watched Chisholm play - does he regularly have this skillset? Meaning, does he avoid shin pads and the glass when shooting pucks?

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Wow great to see you (virtually) where the hell have you been? let me guess you have a young family and life has changed like it has for @Guerzy

Thank you very much for this!!

Haha nah, not really. The Prospect Shifts thing took up almost all my time outside of my day job, but that fell apart last month so I have a lot of free time in the evenings/weekends (especially right now).

Reactions: ps241

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Haha nah, not really. The Prospect Shifts thing took up almost all my time outside of my day job, but that fell apart last month so I have a lot of free time in the evenings/weekends (especially right now).

Not happy to hear your employment fell apart but glad to have you back here. :thumbu:

Was the employment change Covid-19 related?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hey folks, I'm back doing the prospect thing.

Looking at these hi- lites, this Chisholm guy looks really good. He's a great skater, very good playmaker, and has a hard accurate shot from the point. I see a lot of promise in this guy, and he looks in "control" out there on the blueline.

I know it's only Junior, but he sure looks promising to me.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Comments on Chisholm:

Love his simple, simple game. Doesn't have a bomb but that's always been overrated in my mind, getting shots through and on net is way more important (See: Neal Pionk). Not sure how that will translate to the pros with less time space and players getting into lanes more but time will tell. The simplicity of his game bodes well for him making it. A lot of his game is tailored to moving the puck and pushing play towards the offensive zone and he's very good at it. Even when he gets the puck in a situation where you feel he should be feeling a lot of pressure he always seems to make the right, simple play.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey folks, I'm back doing the prospect thing.

Really good to see you back! I know you get to see a lot of video so check out the draft thread and please chime in if you can. We had some good discussions there on the top 15-20 and would love to see a list from you! You got a favourite for Jets pick, 11-14 range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad