Jets Prospects 2018-2019 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Hey folks, I'm back doing the prospect thing.

Always like your videos killem.

On Chisholm video. He skates well and seems to have offensive IQ.

As an aside. Wow the Pete’s sure tip a lot on thier PP. and Robertson has a great one timer.

On Holms video. He seems to be a battler.

As an aside. The opponents appear to be very chippy in front of the net and Arvid’s team collapses well after the shot.

Reactions: hn777

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I love the video compilations where you see every shift of a player in a game. Thank you KillEmall83

Chisholm has got lots of things I like in a D man.

As advertised he is a very fluid 4 way skater. It looks pretty effortless for him moving around the ice.

He played really aggressive in this game and likes to activate and also get in deep to support the O when the situation calls for it.

Defensively he is really aggressive with his gap control and engaging the attack. He doesn’t really wait for it to come to him he goes and gets it. He pretty much pressured puck in the neutral zone every time he got a chance. He also allowed a guy the wall on the attack but he gives it to them then takes it away playing the body to separate the man from the puck.

He was a tad lose on a few plays but that can happen. I would like to see him develop his puck security on break out passes. It wasn’t bad at all but he got lose a couple of times.

Honestly he looks very ready for the AHL and I will go out to watch him specifically next season. I like his movement and I like how he reads the junior game.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I love the video compilations where you see every shift of a player in a game. Thank you KillEmall83

Chisholm has got lots of things I like in a D man.

As advertised he is a very fluid 4 way skater. It looks pretty effortless for him moving around the ice.

He played really aggressive in this game and likes to activate and also get in deep to support the O when the situation calls for it.

Defensively he is really aggressive with his gap control and engaging the attack. He doesn’t really wait for it to come to him he goes and gets it. He pretty much pressured puck in the neutral zone every time he got a chance. He also allowed a guy the wall on the attack but he gives it to them then takes it away playing the body to separate the man from the puck.

He was a tad lose on a few plays but that can happen. I would like to see him develop his puck security on break out passes. It wasn’t bad at all but he got lose a couple of times.

Honestly he looks very ready for the AHL and I will go out to watch him specifically next season. I like his movement and I like how he reads the junior game.
Does he look like a top 4 nhler too you or someone with that kind of potential?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Pronman had an interesting article in the Athletic based on a survey of 25 NHL scouts.

NHL Scout Poll: What counts in prospect evaluation? Who does...

The Jets were mentioned by one of the scouts as the best team at draft and develop... TB was by far the most highly rated.

Also, scouts from 11 teams were specifically mentioned as being tops. The Jets had two mentioned --- Max Giese (Jets' US-based super scout) and... wait for it... Craig Heisinger.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Pronman had an interesting article in the Athletic based on a survey of 25 NHL scouts.

NHL Scout Poll: What counts in prospect evaluation? Who does...

The Jets were mentioned by one of the scouts as the best team at draft and develop... TB was by far the most highly rated.

Also, scouts from 11 teams were specifically mentioned as being tops. The Jets had two mentioned --- Max Giese (Jets' US-based super scout) and... wait for it... Craig Heisinger.

Giese is certainly a new school scout that is very respected. His name tends to pop up allot when talk about young scouting talent occurs. I think it was Garret who has chatted with him in the past and was impressed with Max.

We are lucky to have him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Need to make allowance for it being a highlight reel, but Smith shows a good wrister, good vision and good passing. Seems to have a knack for finding the man in scoring position.

Consistency seems to be an issue. His stats never quite seem to align with the talent he flashes.

Got to remember that he's a pretty old freshman.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Consistency seems to be an issue. His stats never quite seem to align with the talent he flashes.

Got to remember that he's a pretty old freshman.

Yes, that too. They all look good in highlight reels - but still, he showed talent.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yup he definitely has some talent. I'm not sure why it doesnt translate into more point production.
Opportunity could be playing a factor. An older freshman is still a freshman in the eyes of a coach. He was on the second line for the majority of the year and taking that into amount his numbers are pretty decent. Excited to see how he does this upcoming year in a bigger role with Michaelis and Tuomie out of the picture.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Opportunity could be playing a factor. An older freshman is still a freshman in the eyes of a coach. He was on the second line for the majority of the year and taking that into amount his numbers are pretty decent. Excited to see how he does this upcoming year in a bigger role with Michaelis and Tuomie out of the picture.
Agree.

His production was actually quite good for a freshman on a top NCAA team. He's a late bloomers, for sure, but I think he has a lot of potential. If he puts in the work and gets good coaching, I think might have a shot at the NHL.

Reactions: ps241 and Atoyot

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

True but even as an older player in the USHL he wasn't exactly lighting it up. I like the skill set so hopefully as @Whileee says he works hard and gets more consistent. We definitely could use a playmaking RWer on the team.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
True but even as an older player in the USHL he wasn't exactly lighting it up. I like the skill set so hopefully as @Whileee says he works hard and gets more consistent. We definitely could use a playmaking RWer on the team.
Just a note that he played center for about half the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad