OT: Jets Lounge: post a Star Wars spoiler == Infraction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I'm gonna put this in spoiler tags just in case.

[spoil]Yeah I get that. But it was a tesseract constructed by the "future humans" so that he could communicate across time with his daughter. They made it 3 dimensional for him so he'd understand what was happening.[/spoil]

Oh no, I got that. It was still weird lol.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
New Star Wars, cotton candy fluff that vastly deviates from the accepted canon put forth in Lucas approved novels.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
New Star Wars, cotton candy fluff that vastly deviates from the accepted canon put forth in Lucas approved novels.

According to Lucasfilm, no Expanded Universe content is considered canon:

ar Wars may just be the dominant franchise that towers over all others. Ever since Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope released almost forty years ago in 1977 the series’ popularity just hasn’t died down. In fact outside of the current six films there have been various books, games, comics and TV shows that have added to the lore of what makes up this series, known as the Expanded Universe. However, Lucasfilm has now come out and declared everything that isn’t one of the cinema releases or the Clone Wars TV show as non-canon, as in they do not belong in the official Star Wars lore.

As far as Lucas approved: I am happy he brought the story to life originally, but hate what he did to the original trilogy during the act of "improving" them. I place little stock in Lucas' opinion at this point.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
^^^^^^^^^

Basically what that comes down to for me too. As I said earlier, great imagination but he has zero execution. It's like he's doesn't know which are good and which are bad and as a result he just films them all.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Let me clarify. I really enjoyed the movie. I thought the was standout performances by the 2 leads, and their story lines were alright barring a few holes. I thought the rest was Hollywood forced convoluted tripe. When it was done I felt cheated.
Really, everything existed already, all the writers had to do was spin a good yarn, there is more than enough lore out there. But they dropped the ball imho.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I thought it was the best acting and most emotion we've seen from lead protagonists/antagonists in a Star Wars movie. Mind you, the bar wasn't set very high....

My #3 Star Wars movie of all time, after ANH and ESB. Yes, I liked it more than ROTJ.

Derfel*

So much Star Wars.

I haven't seen it yet, and in all honesty now I'm in no rush to do so. I feel bloated with the Force.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
So much Star Wars.

I haven't seen it yet, and in all honesty now I'm in no rush to do so. I feel bloated with the Force.

I'll tell you one thing I regret about seeing the movie...

Going during ****ing Boxing Week to ****ing St Vital mall instead of spending a bit more and booking some seats at the VIP theatre and actually enjoying the experience. :rant:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
So much Star Wars.

qf4dG.jpg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Going during ****ing Boxing Week to ****ing St Vital mall instead of spending a bit more and booking some seats at the VIP theatre and actually enjoying the experience. :rant:

and there is the tip of the day!!! That is how I am going to see it with my wife and son.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Yep, best decision I made was the VIP theater (helps that I live near it). Aside from one woman on her phone during the opening crawl the audience was the best behaved I've experienced in years of movie going. If all theater experiences were like that I wouldn't own an 80" Sharp.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
Are the Jets going to shutdown tracksuit night like they did Helmet Party night? Not saying I heard this anywhere, just the thought popped into my head remembering how TNSE sometimes doesn't like the overboard fan ideas.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Are the Jets going to shutdown tracksuit night like they did Helmet Party night? Not saying I heard this anywhere, just the thought popped into my head remembering how TNSE sometimes doesn't like the overboard fan ideas.

Ostensibly, they shut down "Pardy Helmet" night for safety reasons, and because the Prime Minister was in the arena to watch the game that night.

It'd be difficult for them to shut down a track-suit night without raising a furor.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Can't see how that would even be possible. What if tracksuits are all I own and all I wear? Sure I'm a loser, but that's my choice. You can't stop people from attending the game unless what they wear is obviously offensive like a slogan or in the case of bringing in something that could be thrown, like a helmet.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I'm going to the game and I'm just going to wear my jersey, and cheer for the Jets, and not boo every time Kane touches the puck, and if they make an announcement welcoming back Kane and Bogo to the MTSC where they worked hard on behalf of our team for a few years, then I will applaud.

Sometimes, being classy sends more of a message than taking that low, easy road.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I'm going to the game and I'm just going to wear my jersey, and cheer for the Jets, and not boo every time Kane touches the puck, and if they make an announcement welcoming back Kane and Bogo to the MTSC where they worked hard on behalf of our team for a few years, then I will applaud.

Sometimes, being classy sends more of a message than taking that low, easy road.

100% agree. I never had any issues with Kane or Bogo's on-ice effort.

Derfel*

[mod]

(I agree - it would actually bother Kane more if we cheered politely and carried on ignoring him.)

Last edited by a moderator:

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS

hope (but doubt) everyone agrees with you and does the same.

Derfel*

I haven't even seen the movie yet, so no idea how big of a spoiler this is, but love the concept.

pQNKdbo.gif

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Ostensibly, they shut down "Pardy Helmet" night for safety reasons, and because the Prime Minister was in the arena to watch the game that night.

It'd be difficult for them to shut down a track-suit night without raising a furor.

"The label says it's not flame Pejorative Slurant. I'm sorry I can't let you in."

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Looks like us MTS Ultimate TV customers will be getting a free NHL Centre Ice preview...

Channel 1831-1845 – NHL Centre Ice – Free Preview January 10 – January 16, 2016

With NHL Centre Ice you can watch up to 37 out-of-market NHL games every week on your TV in HD so you can catch the games that matter to you.

Mid-Season Pricing: $139.00

NHL Centre Ice: Channel 831-845 (SD) / Channel 1831-1845 (HD)

Coincides nicely with the forecasted cold snap! :handclap:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Clear evidence the climate is screwed up: Festival du Voyageur is right around the corner and it's getting colder? That's just not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad