OT: Jets Lounge: post a Star Wars spoiler == Infraction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
My uncle roofed houses throughout university and he swears to this day that it was the only reason he finished his CPA. There was no way that he wanted to be roofing houses for the rest of his life.

I've done three roofs over the past few years, one of them still had the cedar shakes on it! What a PITA. I'm so happy we went with metal when we built our shop. I'm pretty good at doing roofs, but I still don't understand how guys can do a quality job in a day. Either they're really damn good or they're cutting corners.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I've done three roofs over the past few years, one of them still had the cedar shakes on it! What a PITA. I'm so happy we went with metal when we built our shop. I'm pretty good at doing roofs, but I still don't understand how guys can do a quality job in a day. Either they're really damn good or they're cutting corners.

Probably B.) I don't think most roofs get done in a day. I see them all the time around our house getting done. It takes a few days usually.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm not going to spoil Star Wars, but has everyone seen it yet?

No

But if things break right I will see it in the theatre with my son, if not any idea when the next one is due out?

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
No

But if things break right I will see it in the theatre with my son, if not any idea when the next one is due out?

There's another Star Wars movie called Rogue One coming out this November. It's not a sequel to The Force Awakens, though. It takes place just before Episode IV and is about the team that stole the Death Star schematics.

The sequel for The Force Awakens is supposed to come out in May 2017.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
There's another Star Wars movie called Rogue One coming out this November. It's not a sequel to The Force Awakens, though. It takes place just before Episode IV and is about the team that stole the Death Star schematics.

The sequel for The Force Awakens is supposed to come out in May 2017.

Well if I miss this one 2017 it is then!!! :laugh:

Derfel*

I wasn't aware 2017 was three years away. With trilogies they normally film them all together and just release them one after another. It's how they managed to release a Hunger Games every year and a Lord of the Rings every year.

By the sounds of it they are having trouble finding a snowy landscape due to climate change so they can't recreate the Hoth scenes to rip off the "Empire Strikes Back" plot for episode VIII... :snide:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So...heading out to Jamaica tomorrow and I've read online that it's apparently better to use Jamaican dollars at the shops and what not? Anyone know if there's any truth to that?

I went years and years ago, but I seem to remember that no one had problems with American money...so...Yea. ..

Hammer?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So...heading out to Jamaica tomorrow and I've read online that it's apparently better to use Jamaican dollars at the shops and what not? Anyone know if there's any truth to that?

I went years and years ago, but I seem to remember that no one had problems with American money...so...Yea. ..

Hammer?

Fine *******. Don't answer me.

I'll be laughing my ass off while I'm sitting on the beach with a cigar and an umbrella drink while y'all are freezing your ***** off.

I'm off tomorrow AM for a week in Jamaica so I won't be around. Cheer on the Jets for me!

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I wasn't aware 2017 was three years away. With trilogies they normally film them all together and just release them one after another. It's how they managed to release a Hunger Games every year and a Lord of the Rings every year.

I had heard three years kay!??! Didn't read Gingy's post, so sorry!

jeez

;)

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Fine *******. Don't answer me.

I'll be laughing my ass off while I'm sitting on the beach with a cigar and an umbrella drink while y'all are freezing your ***** off.

I'm off tomorrow AM for a week in Jamaica so I won't be around. Cheer on the Jets for me!

Well you asked a tough question?

Have fun and remember sun block is for sissies (can I still say that). Enjoy the break from the Jets and mostly from the Jets HFBoards suicide watch.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So David Bowie died.

RIP ziggy you were one of a kind.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
A titan of the music and fashion community. I didn't even know he was sick.

everyone knew he was sick. but it was supposedly a heart condition, not cancer. that's the crazy thing.
his Blackstar video's a tough watch when you realize that it's basically his goodbye video. released on purpose right before he died.

Derfel*

So David Bowie died.

RIP ziggy you were one of a kind.

Wow. That blows my mind. I knew he was sick (or figured he was), but no warning for this one.

That completes the death triad for 2016.

I was lucky enough to see him in concert in Winnipeg in the old arena (one of the last concerts there I believe). He genuinely seemed to be having fun, and put on one hell of a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln