OT: Jets Lounge: Now buying Kaopectate in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I have a Mac...and its time for a new one.

Same here. I was actually a pretty big Blizzard fanboy before I went Mac, so their decision not to develop Overwatch for Mac OS was a pretty big betrayal. Guess it's time to dust off that Windows install on Bootcamp.

But yeah, I have the 2011 Mac Pro. You know, the one that looks like a computer should, not a dumpling steamer.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I've been dragging my heels on cancelling my Shaw Cable, partially because I am not sure how I am going to record games using Gamecentre Live.

Anyone record games have any suggestions?

Derfel*

I've been dragging my heels on cancelling my Shaw Cable, partially because I am not sure how I am going to record games using Gamecentre Live.

I looked into myself, and couldn't really come up with a good solution. I just use the desktop/browser site to watch games from the beginning.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I looked into myself, and couldn't really come up with a good solution. I just use the desktop/browser site to watch games from the beginning.

Ugh. That's the main stumbling block for me. I can't always watch from the start, and I don't want to wait til the game is over and it's on replay cause then you find out the score. Someone has to have come up with a good solution?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Why do you need to record them? If you have GCL, you can always go back and watch previously played games. Did you want to keep them, for some reason, Jet?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Why do you need to record them? If you have GCL, you can always go back and watch previously played games. Did you want to keep them, for some reason, Jet?

It's more for when I come home like an hour late and want to start from the beginning :)

Derfel*

Ugh. That's the main stumbling block for me. I can't always watch from the start, and I don't want to wait til the game is over and it's on replay cause then you find out the score. Someone has to have come up with a good solution?

Yeah - there's no "hiding" the score when you do it that way - but at least you can start the game if you missed the first hour or so.

I *guess* you could get yourself a PVR of sorts and hook into it that way... but you'd have to remotely start the feed somehow on a separate PC or remotely activate an Android device with a Chromecast hooked into the PVR, etc etc.

Long story short - not an easy thing to do!

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

I'm pretty sure you can still watch a game in progress from the beginning by dragging the progress bar all the way back (either that or there's a more elegant way I'm unaware of). Sure you'd see the score at that point but an hour into the game and you've only missed the first period. Then just make sure you're watching the feed in fullscreen and you won't see the outcome prematurely.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
KT0NTC2.png

You can also do this to hide scores. Click it once and I think it stays like that.

Derfel*

I'm pretty sure you can still watch a game in progress from the beginning by dragging the progress bar all the way back (either that or there's a more elegant way I'm unaware of). Sure you'd see the score at that point but an hour into the game and you've only missed the first period. Then just make sure you're watching the feed in fullscreen and you won't see the outcome prematurely.

To get to the actual video of the game you have to go through a page that prominently displays the score at that point. No avoiding it!

EDIT: Actually you CAN avoid it! Clicking "Scores: Off" hides it on the main game page as well, even after the game is completed. Awesome!

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, not quite - you can still see the "Season Series" scores on the right if the game is complete. NHL fail! But I guess if the game is still in progress you wouldn't see that info.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
To get to the actual video of the game you have to go through a page that prominently displays the score at that point. No avoiding it!

EDIT: Actually you CAN avoid it! Clicking "Scores: Off" hides it on the main game page as well, even after the game is completed. Awesome!

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, not quite - you can still see the "Season Series" scores on the right if the game is complete. NHL fail! But I guess if the game is still in progress you wouldn't see that info.

Yeah I just remembered the scores on/off button after I posted.

I just went back to look at past games and there's nothing that shows me any season series scores in GCL. Maybe it's just a Rogers GCL feature.

Either way, just bookmarking the GCL page with scores off and avoiding all other media would probably be the best way to not spoil a game and start watching from the beginning partway through.

Last edited:

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Went to a barber shop today, asked the dude how much for a haircut... $60! I'm like man, I'll be in and out of that chair in 10 minutes if you have any idea what you're doing. He said sorry but the rent is really high.

Yeah well the place next door was $15 so I dunno what to tell you fella!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I was supposed to get some work done around the house today. I just purchased Fallout 4 on Steam.

Plans have changed. ;)

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
[mod]

It is not an issue for me as I enjoy paying high satellite, internet and wireless fees. Proudly pay Shaw, MTS and Rogers monthly.:help:

I enjoy Rogers GCL from Rogers as well as TSN through Shaw Direct. With my slingbox, chromecast, phone, laptop and PS4 I can pretty much watch any games at any time, anywhere. I can even stream Jets games to my phone while sitting in my seat at MTCS. Despite the installation of a brand new scoreboard at MTSC, the device rarely, if ever plays any relevant replays.:shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
That's if you live in the broadcast area, yes.

I do live in the broadcast area but subscribe to TSN and can just PVR them and shoot them back to my phone wherever I am with my slingbox. Join games from the beginning while they are still on. Best device I ever bought. My brother can now watch live Jets games in Asia from my slingbox.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Went to a barber shop today, asked the dude how much for a haircut... $60! I'm like man, I'll be in and out of that chair in 10 minutes if you have any idea what you're doing. He said sorry but the rent is really high.

Yeah well the place next door was $15 so I dunno what to tell you fella!

So how'd that $15 do work out for ya? ;)

17-trashy-mullet-awful-mens-hairstyles-haircuts.jpg

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Does anyone have apple TV? The wife and I saw it at Costco for 81 bucks...and it looks like it cludes streaming services like Netflix and Crave and all that ****. Anyone tell me anything about it?

Derfel*

Just tuned into the East Final CFL game stream... in time to see one of the most exciting plays of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad