OT: Jets Lounge: Now buying Kaopectate in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yeah I'll be looking at mine. I have all seasons on a 4WD truck, which was great last winter, but after my little mishap last week I'm not that confident anymore :laugh:

All-seasons == compromise in every season. Winter tires are da bomb.

Seriously. They have so much more traction in winter that the only thing I worry about is OTHER people not hitting me. AWD helps with traction during acceleration, and that's about it - it does NOTHING for stopping, turning, etc - a 2WD car/truck is just as good as a 4WD truck in those situations.

If you can afford it, get winter tires. Even if you can't: get winter tires. :nod:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watched the Movie "71" tonight and I really enjoyed it. Euro non Hollywood feel to every element. Really tense and gripping.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I went to bed early last night but had a bad dream and couldnt get back to sleep until after 1

I had a really ****ed up one where my wife was working as a prostitute at the Calgary Stampede in this gia t brothel esque tent. She said I had to pay to have sex with her so I scrounged up all the money I could and she said it still wasn't enough...

It was a terrible dream.

Derfel*

I had a really ****ed up one where my wife was working as a prostitute at the Calgary Stampede in this gia t brothel esque tent. She said I had to pay to have sex with her so I scrounged up all the money I could and she said it still wasn't enough...

It was a terrible dream.

That does sound like a disturbing dream - sounded very in-tents.

On another note - does anyone know where you can rent those giant tents for festivals and what-not?

:naughty:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

It was a terrible dream.

I don't remember what mine was about. Think thats why I couldnt fall back asleep

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
That does sound like a disturbing dream - sounded very in-tents.

On another note - does anyone know where you can rent those giant tents for festivals and what-not?

:naughty:

Ha ha ha. In-tents. I get it.

Nothing touches the ****ed up dreams I had when I was taking Champix.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Ha ha ha. In-tents. I get it.

Nothing touches the ****ed up dreams I had when I was taking Champix.

I've heard some horror stories about that one.

Got my enrollment done for my final year of undergrad today. Had to forego a couple of papers I wanted in order to fit around my last few major requirements. After the parabola that was 2015 it'll be interesting to see how the next few years play out.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville

Seriously. They have so much more traction in winter that the only thing I worry about is OTHER people not hitting me. AWD helps with traction during acceleration, and that's about it - it does NOTHING for stopping, turning, etc - a 2WD car/truck is just as good as a 4WD truck in those situations.

If you can afford it, get winter tires. Even if you can't: get winter tires. :nod:

Every year the same thing over, and over - put frikin' winter tires on your vehicle, no matter what wheels drive it. FWD, RWD, AWD, or 4WD doesn't make a difference when trying to stop or steer if you're running summer or "all season" tires.

We've had all four different drive combinations over the past 30+ years and the biggest difference maker in winter driving is having snow tires. Good snow tires. Twice in terrible highway conditions I've managed to avoid near death experiences because I was able to make use of the stopping power of snow tires.

I was behind the wheel of our '78 Dodge Aspen coming back from Christmas in Calgary and got caught in a blizzard with whiteout conditions. It was a $600 car, but I had snow tires on it. Good snow tires. We avoided a collision with a stalled semi because I was able to slow down and steer away from the truck. This happened the year that the Swift Current Broncos bus went off the road and killed 4 players - we were about 30 minutes ahead of them, and about the time of the accident the RCMP closed the highway and we had to bunker down for the night in a crappy hotel in Moosejaw.

Spend the money for the tires, because it beats spending it on your deductible, or worse.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman

Yeah I'll certainly take a loot at a set this upcoming weekend. Was thinking new tires this winter regardless, so may as well.

As for tomorrow, if the conditions are bad coming home (assuming they are good enough to go) I think I'll take a slight detour and take #1 home. Better with all traffic going the same way in case I lose control/someone else does.

I now remember why I hate winter :laugh:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Every year the same thing over, and over - put frikin' winter tires on your vehicle, no matter what wheels drive it. FWD, RWD, AWD, or 4WD doesn't make a difference when trying to stop or steer if you're running summer or "all season" tires.

We've had all four different drive combinations over the past 30+ years and the biggest difference maker in winter driving is having snow tires. Good snow tires. Twice in terrible highway conditions I've managed to avoid near death experiences because I was able to make use of the stopping power of snow tires.

I was behind the wheel of our '78 Dodge Aspen coming back from Christmas in Calgary and got caught in a blizzard with whiteout conditions. It was a $600 car, but I had snow tires on it. Good snow tires. We avoided a collision with a stalled semi because I was able to slow down and steer away from the truck. This happened the year that the Swift Current Broncos bus went off the road and killed 4 players - we were about 30 minutes ahead of them, and about the time of the accident the RCMP closed the highway and we had to bunker down for the night in a crappy hotel in Moosejaw.

Spend the money for the tires, because it beats spending it on your deductible, or worse.

Great posts boys and no reason to compromise safety. I have been lazy with the all seasons and its stupid. Tomorrow I deal with this.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I heartily endorse the winter tire idea. I have a set for all my vehicles. Makes a huge difference in handling, stopping, even accelerating. If every car had snow tires and traction control there'd be a lot less glazing at intersections.

Do some price-checking at Kal Tire, 1010 Tires, Costco, etc.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I heartily endorse the winter tire idea. I have a set for all my vehicles. Makes a huge difference in handling, stopping, even accelerating. If every car had snow tires and traction control there'd be a lot less glazing at intersections.

This was going to be my question. Anyone have any comments on best places to buy?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
This was going to be my question. Anyone have any comments on best places to buy?

Most places have deals on from time to time ( buy 3 get 4 ), but it's also the quality of the winter tire to look for.

Subaru Forester - tires from Fountain Tire, Good Year
Subaru Impreza - tires from Subaru, Pirelli

no complaints on either. The Pirelli's were a bit more money.

More importantly these days because more and more people are buying winter tires, is your storage options. If you swap your own tires and don't mind storing them at home, not an issue. But I don't have the space so both Subaru and Fountain Tire have storage options. ~$75/yr to have someone store them for you.

Derfel*

We've had good luck on quality tires at Costco if they have a sale (which they usually do around this time of year). Strangely enough, we ended up getting our current set at our Toyota dealership because they price was better than anywhere else AND included a set of rims.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Do Kal handle storage as well?

Woops just saw cbcwpg's post on storage options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad