OT: Jets Lounge: Now buying Kaopectate in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
You probably wouldn't know this Romang but we have our own Miami less than an hour Sw of Wpg. Could set up a branch of the U devoted to hockey there - probably have some great hockey roots in that area

Miami, MB's biggest claim to fame, is being the centre of a rather large lawsuit after a local radio station duped callers into believing they had won a trip to Miami, Florida. Not sure what ever became of the civil case.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
xMAsoKN.png

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
So I've decided to play hooky from work tomorrow to watch the Jays game in the afternoon and this thread and the preceding one has given me an idea for an excuse.

I mean if I called one of you up and told you I was suffering from explosive diarrhea you would tell me to stay home right?

Wait..... are any of you my Boss?

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
So I've decided to play hooky from work tomorrow to watch the Jays game in the afternoon and this thread and the preceding one has given me an idea for an excuse.

I mean if I called one of you up and told you I was suffering from explosive diarrhea you would tell me to stay home right?

Explosive diarrhea is always good for one absence a year. I'd go for it :)

Derfel*

I tend to use the tweaked neck/back muscle excuse - mind you, that actually happens to me once every year or so!

Your choice of excuse won't work now, as the cure has been posted here!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Got a full 30 FHM2 online league going, looking for GM's for Columbus, LA and Vancouver. Need to have FHM2 to play. Message me for details.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I tend to use the tweaked neck/back muscle excuse - mind you, that actually happens to me once every year or so!

Your choice of excuse won't work now, as the cure has been posted here!

Maybe I should just say I'm suffering from ALDS and they might think I'm referring to Albinism deafness syndrome (also known as ALDS according to the internet).

anyway really counting on my Boss not coming to this site so my first excuse should be fine.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Rewatching the Walking Dead and noticing some...discrepancies...

Also forgot how much Lori, Andrea and Dale suck.

Oh, Lori...

[mod]

Having said that, I couldn't help but notice that the complete and total collapse of Atlanta coincided with the Thrashers moving to Winnipeg. So until proven wrong, I'm blaming the zombie apocalypse on Johnnie Oduya.

Last edited by a moderator:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Oh, Lori...

[mod]

Having said that, I couldn't help but notice that the complete and total collapse of Atlanta coincided with the Thrashers moving to Winnipeg. So until proven wrong, I'm blaming the zombie apocalypse on Johnnie Oduya.

well thanks gin now I want to see that pic :D

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
So in a strange aftermath to that shooting at the college in Oregon...

Three of our country's eight universities have had various shooting and bomb threats in the last three days, causing evacuation. At least one was done by means of a post in the same 4chan thread as the Oregon shooter. My university hasn't been targeted, and so far they've l proven to be hoax threats, but it's still pretty creepy and totally unexpected here.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
the Walking Dead's probably one of the most overrated TV shows of all times. really poor plots, zombies that don't make sense, horrible acting and horrible dialogue. if only they'd kill of Kah-rul.

the season on the farm? it was a season of repeating the same shane-related arguments on a rotating 15 minute cycle.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sold my old car. I had no idea how to handle the thing so made out a bill of sale but didn't get a copy for myself, just gave it to the buyer. How screwed am I? Never dealt with that type of situation. I had no insurance on the car so how could they come back on me? Should be fine right?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
the Walking Dead's probably one of the most overrated TV shows of all times. really poor plots, zombies that don't make sense, horrible acting and horrible dialogue. if only they'd kill of Kah-rul.

the season on the farm? it was a season of repeating the same shane-related arguments on a rotating 15 minute cycle.

Agreed. Walking Dead isn't a joke worthy horrendous show like Big Bang Theory, but it's vastly overrated. While I don't mind the show, it's decent, the reputation it has as a great show is overrated. The writing, acting, and directing are very mediocre at best. They have some great characters (ie Daryll, Tyresse) that are criminally underused and some horrendous characters that are overused (ie Rick). Properly written as a character drama with a big "main" cast they could do well (ie Game of Thrones) but they focus too much on protagonists. This show would be great in the 90's but modern audiences want more realism. Not so much ridiculousness about how great the protagonists are in the enivironment.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

So how are zombies suppose to make sense? or act I guess? It a TV show depicting something ( zombies ) that has never existed, so how does anyone know how they are suppose to be? Kind of like making movies depicting dinosaurs... nobody knows how they really behaved.

Example of this: The Walking Dead VS Z-Nation. The Zombies in The Walking Dead are slow plodding soles that are easy to kill where the zombies in Z-Nation are like Ben Johnson on extra-strength steroids. Who's right?

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
I would say 28 Days Later is the most realistic. However, one could argue they aren't technically zombies in 28 Days Later.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada

No sane person asks follow up questions when someone else tells them they are suffering from explosive diarrhea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino