OT: Jets Lounge: Now buying Kaopectate in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Does anyone have apple TV? The wife and I saw it at Costco for 81 bucks...and it looks like it cludes streaming services like Netflix and Crave and all that ****. Anyone tell me anything about it?

I've heard good things about Apple TV, but I'm not really an Apple person so I can't comment first hand.

When I recommend streaming solutions to people, I always recommend the Roku. $50 for the stick. Easy as pie to setup/use.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I've heard good things about Apple TV, but I'm not really an Apple person so I can't comment first hand.

When I recommend streaming solutions to people, I always recommend the Roku. $50 for the stick. Easy as pie to setup/use.

So do you get Netflix and all that just included with the device? Like how does that work?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So do you get Netflix and all that just included with the device? Like how does that work?

No - you have to pay the subscription fee.

Yes: as Derfel mentions, you have to pay for a subscription on all devices, whether it's a browser or a device. The Netflix *app* is definitely available on the Roku though, as is Hulu+, Plex, and a bunch of others. You sign up for a Netflix account (if you don't already have one), then load the Netflix app on the Roku and link it to your main Netflix account. Easy-peasy.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Yes: as Derfel mentions, you have to pay for a subscription on all devices, whether it's a browser or a device. The Netflix *app* is definitely available on the Roku though, as is Hulu+, Plex, and a bunch of others. You sign up for a Netflix account (if you don't already have one), then load the Netflix app on the Roku and link it to your main Netflix account. Easy-peasy.

Ahhh I see.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Seems like both CFL games were pretty entertaining although I only watched the highlights.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Does anyone have apple TV? The wife and I saw it at Costco for 81 bucks...and it looks like it cludes streaming services like Netflix and Crave and all that ****. Anyone tell me anything about it?

My brother just bought a 4th generation to stream NHL hockey to his TV and says he likes it. I bought 3rd generation ones as gifts for people in the last few years and they rarely used them.

I bought the new google chromecast and it was cheap and easy to set up. $45.00. I only use it to stream Rogers GCL from my phone to TV but works great for that.

For $81 that may be Apple's old model. I thought the new 32 gb was about $200.00

I am sure the 3rd generation would work great for netflix.

Derfel*

I have an extra 1st generation Chromecast that I should probably find a home for...

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Things I overhear at work: "Hellebuyck got called up? I saw him Friday and he wasn't very good, it's weird they'd call him up"

I just stared :laugh:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well, what an interesting day of television Sunday was.

First, we watched two teams advance to the Grey Cup that in 2013 had a record almost as bad as the Bombers or didn't exist at all. But, we need to be patient. It's a process, right? You don't build a winner overnight, after all.

And then later on... :popcorn:

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Things I overhear at work: "Hellebuyck got called up? I saw him Friday and he wasn't very good, it's weird they'd call him up"

I just stared :laugh:

.933 ;)

Have been seeing quite a bit I that actually, mainly on Facebook and all that. Things like "why, he sucked in one pre season game!" And "his numbers aren't that good I thought" :facepalm:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
.933 ;)

Have been seeing quite a bit I that actually, mainly on Facebook and all that. Things like "why, he sucked in one pre season game!" And "his numbers aren't that good I thought" :facepalm:

It fits with the past four years of people thinking Pavelec is a stud though, does it not?

Derfel*

.933 ;)

I think people are using wins and losses for his "numbers"... which even people on THIS VERY FORUM have done before. :D

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I was supposed to get some work done around the house today. I just purchased Fallout 4 on Steam.

Plans have changed. ;)

I held out for about 5 days before I grabbed it on Steam. They just make it so easy.
Pretty awesome game so far. Been spending pretty much all my free time with it. Only around level 17 so far.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
So I haven't been on the ice since I was a kid and I'm wanting to get back into skating/hockey, when do the outdoor rinks open up in Winnipeg? Also does anyone know a good place to buy cheaper skates/gloves?

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
If I can get a better job next year and my restricted license (learners permit five years cuz public transport) I'm so taking up skate lessons.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Sc9xefV.gif

Derfel*

^^^ Well, I just lost about 3 minutes of my life watching that over and over and over and over and

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
So I haven't been on the ice since I was a kid and I'm wanting to get back into skating/hockey, when do the outdoor rinks open up in Winnipeg? Also does anyone know a good place to buy cheaper skates/gloves?

Outdoor rinks should open soon. As far as I know, they just need constant freezing temps to get the ice going.

I'd check out Play It Again Sports, they've got some used stuff you could look at. They also have Black Friday sales this weekend.

I'd suggest investing in some new skates though. They'll heat up the boots and form them to your feet. Uncomfortable skates are such a pain in the ass and it really hurts if you have the wrong size. Maybe if you buy a used pair you can go somewhere to get them "baked" and fitted, but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad