OT: Jets Lounge: Now buying Kaopectate in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I had free dental care until I was 18 but now I try to keep my teeth as healthy as possible cause it's not subsidised at all in adulthood, and if you want it even partially covered you have to buy your own private insurance.

Not looking forward to my wisdom teeth slowing up.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
That being said - I picked up a bottle of wine on sale for $5.99 last night!

It's a stellar Province in which to be an alcoholic. Last time I was drove through Calgary I bought a case of Scotch. Saved a couple of hundred on what I would have paid in Manitoba.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I spent the better part of 2 hours after work, designing and building my settlement at the Red Rocket service station in Fallout 4. That bookended my trip down to Mark's Work Warehouse, where I picked up a pair of really nice hiking boots - normally $120, but marked down to $30 for Black Friday. :D

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Sort of - it's more that the government hates regulation, so there's no "schedule of fees" published, and dentists can charge whatever they want. But on top of that, there's no easy way to compare dentists' costs as they keep them pretty close to the vest and avoid telling you what they will charge.

I had to get a crown put on yesterday (or prepped for one, at least) - my other crown in Winnipeg cost me $1050 total, all lab fees in. So far here it's cost be $1350, and there's still a lab fee that is likely to be $200+.

My benefits only cover 50%, which is lower than the 80% I had in Manitoba.

That being said - I picked up a bottle of wine on sale for $5.99 last night!

Dental is completely private in Manitoba as well. The MDA has a set of guideline fees, but dentists can charge whatever they want.

Crowns are usually not covered at the full rate. 50% for that kind of work sounds typical.

Derfel*

It's a stellar Province in which to be an alcoholic. Last time I was drove through Calgary I bought a case of Scotch. Saved a couple of hundred on what I would have paid in Manitoba.

I find certain things cheaper in terms of alcohol than others - some craft beers are $2-3 more expensive for a 12-case, but then if on sale can be $2-3 cheaper. Certainly liquor can be had for 20% less than in Manitoba - again if on sale.

Brewing supplies are about 10% more expensive.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I find certain things cheaper in terms of alcohol than others - some craft beers are $2-3 more expensive for a 12-case, but then if on sale can be $2-3 cheaper. Certainly liquor can be had for 20% less than in Manitoba - again if on sale.

Brewing supplies are about 10% more expensive.

Wont be cheaper for long.

Derfel*

Dental is completely private in Manitoba as well. The MDA has a set of guideline fees, but dentists can charge whatever they want.

Crowns are usually not covered at the full rate. 50% for that kind of work sounds typical.

Yes - dental services are private in Manitoba, but because there is a schedule of fees published you don't see much of a difference from one dentist to another.

I used to have 80% coverage for crowns in Winnipeg.

That all being said - my new dentist is pretty good - he has a TV in front of the chair and a TV mounted from the ceiling, and they offer you wireless headphones if you want to hear the TV instead of the drill!

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Yes - dental services are private in Manitoba, but because there is a schedule of fees published you don't see much of a difference from one dentist to another.

That all being said - my new dentist is pretty good - he has a TV in front of the chair and a TV mounted from the ceiling, and they offer you wireless headphones if you want to hear the TV instead of the drill!

It's actually pretty crazy the swag and **** they have in dentists offices. They have tablets to.play kn in the waiting room and the give aways especially from orthos are insane.

Derfel*

Wont be cheaper for long.

Haven't the new sin taxes already taken effect? It wasn't a significant increase as far as I can tell?

I can handle a few extra cents per bottle, seeing as I'm making about 15% more a month in take home income... :handclap:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Haven't the new sin taxes already taken effect? It wasn't a significant increase as far as I can tell?

I can handle a few extra cents per bottle, seeing as I'm making about 15% more a month in take home income... :handclap:

I have no idea, I don't drink really. Sometimes in vacation...but nothing really else.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It's actually pretty crazy the swag and **** they have in dentists offices. They have tablets to.play kn in the waiting room and the give aways especially from orthos are insane.

And if you need to see a dentist, you can get an appointment almost immediately.

Compare with the service and decor of your average GP... :shakehead

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

I might have an idea about why your fees are higher... :sarcasm:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I spent the better part of 2 hours after work, designing and building my settlement at the Red Rocket service station in Fallout 4. That bookended my trip down to Mark's Work Warehouse, where I picked up a pair of really nice hiking boots - normally $120, but marked down to $30 for Black Friday. :D

I built a wall pretty much right away there to have a home base and then added a generator and a turret. Don't have any settlers yet though. Need to plant some food and figure out how to get then to come

Derfel*

I might have an idea about why your fees are higher... :sarcasm:

I thought so too... but apparently this dentist charges less than others in the area according to a couple of neighbours! I can only imagine what services might be included for even more money...

Iw8w1PE.jpg

:naughty:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Just got diagnosed with arthritis in both hips at 33. Also found out previouly I have high liver values from abusing t3s, low testosterone and a few other things. Life is good.

Derfel*

Just got diagnosed with arthritis in both hips at 33. Also found out previouly I have high liver values from abusing t3s, low testosterone and a few other things. Life is good.

Sucks man - I'm with you on the arthritis. What kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad