OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Anyone driving home in the general vicinity of Panet and Marion, someone took the traffic light out with their car, intersection is partially blocked with a fire truck and traffic starting to get backed up. Expect delays.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
people mock Bud. and you know i'm a beer snob.
give me a cold Bud on a hot summer's eve and i'll be grateful. for macro lager, it's pretty good.
same with Miller High Life. had a chinese food night last year and we drank MHL and it was excellent.
Agree. If I have to drink a major American brand, I'm ok with Bud. At least you can tell it's beer.

Reactions: Ducky10

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Holy hell, I need winter to be over already.

PS, got engaged. Proposed to my common-law wife yesterday, we've lived together almost 5 years it's probably time. I bought her an Aviator jersey because she's been bugging me for one, put a picture of Perreault's head in the neck hole saying: Third (formerly fourth) line Jesus says "Hey, you should marry Kevin!" and put it in a box with him "holding" the ring.

Had to work the Jets in somehow lol

May I suggest a Wedding Cake theme

6742698385_18a6caa6a8_b.jpg

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Agree. If I have to drink a major American brand, I'm ok with Bud. At least you can tell it's beer.
Vastly better than Bud Light. I play a lot of ball tournaments over the summer and pickings are usually slim in the gardens. A "red one" is a welcome sight for me. It's incredible to look around and see Bud Light outpacing regular Bud by about 10-1.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Holy hell, I need winter to be over already.

PS, got engaged. Proposed to my common-law wife yesterday, we've lived together almost 5 years it's probably time. I bought her an Aviator jersey because she's been bugging me for one, put a picture of Perreault's head in the neck hole saying: Third (formerly fourth) line Jesus says "Hey, you should marry Kevin!" and put it in a box with him "holding" the ring.

Had to work the Jets in somehow lol

Look before you leap!!

Congrats Luc!

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
My boss just told me I was going to Denver on business!

Also planned a small detour to Vegas for a few days to see my buddy and the Jets/Knights before I continue business in Denver, depending on what happens. Probably going to buy tickets when I get to Denver though.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
People who phoned 911 to whine about the amber alert are ****ing stoopid

The thing about Amber Alerts is that scary tone that hurts my brain. I mean there's no option on my phone to change the tone, it was also unnecessary in our region because this was all the way in Southern Ontario. If it were Kenora then it'd be more understandable. Like with the girl in Saskatchewan that was accidentally abducted, I had like ten amber alerts keep me up at night and just scared the crap out of me. More necessary because it was much closer to us than Toronto...

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
The thing about Amber Alerts is that scary tone that hurts my brain. I mean there's no option on my phone to change the tone, it was also unnecessary in our region because this was all the way in Southern Ontario. If it were Kenora then it'd be more understandable. Like with the girl in Saskatchewan that was accidentally abducted, I had like ten amber alerts keep me up at night and just scared the crap out of me. More necessary because it was much closer to us than Toronto...

I get the importance of the system, but it needs to be better coordinated by location. And yes, that alert tone is awful when you’re falling asleep.

Come to thing of it, I should make that my morning alarm.

Reactions: DudeWhereIsMakar

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I get the importance of the system, but it needs to be better coordinated by location. And yes, that alert tone is awful when you’re falling asleep.

Come to thing of it, I should make that my morning alarm.
i know that some people are not happy with my opinion, but i think that the Amber Alert system needs to be fixed.
we need 2 types of alerts:
1 where they need immediate action from the entire population. e.g. fire, natural disaster, oil spill, tornado.
1 where it is a silent push to your phone's lock screen. this would be used for Amber Alerts.

not downplaying a kidnapping of, in last night's case, a child's murder. but i'm asleep in my East York house and the alert comes. what do they want me to do? why do i need to be alerted? if i'm up, sure, send it to my phone. otherwise, i don't get the amber alert system. it's meant to increase vigilance but not to make vigilantes or gather a mob. so the first alert woke us up after we both worked a 12 hr day. the alert cancelation also woke us up. neither of us slept well. my wife then had to get up at 645 AM to go to work. we're both healthcare professionals. with me, a bad night sleep and i can literally kill one of my patients.

yes, i know that parents with kids get upset when they hear about people not wanting to hear the alerts. but, again, what do they want sleeping people to do with these alerts? we're not out checking license plates.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
i know that some people are not happy with my opinion, but i think that the Amber Alert system needs to be fixed.
we need 2 types of alerts:
1 where they need immediate action from the entire population. e.g. fire, natural disaster, oil spill, tornado.
1 where it is a silent push to your phone's lock screen. this would be used for Amber Alerts.

not downplaying a kidnapping of, in last night's case, a child's murder. but i'm asleep in my East York house and the alert comes. what do they want me to do? why do i need to be alerted? if i'm up, sure, send it to my phone. otherwise, i don't get the amber alert system. it's meant to increase vigilance but not to make vigilantes or gather a mob. so the first alert woke us up after we both worked a 12 hr day. the alert cancelation also woke us up. neither of us slept well. my wife then had to get up at 645 AM to go to work. we're both healthcare professionals. with me, a bad night sleep and i can literally kill one of my patients.

yes, i know that parents with kids get upset when they hear about people not wanting to hear the alerts. but, again, what do they want sleeping people to do with these alerts? we're not out checking license plates.

Was listening to CBC Radio about this exact thing and the appeals to emotion by the police were pathetic.

Yes the murder of an 11 year old child is horrible. No one with a shred of a soul would say otherwise. Your alert system sucks, though. I saw mention of Route 401 and immediately checked if it was some obscure seasonal road near me in Northern MB.

We have codes in the facility I work in (eg. code blue for patient in medical distress / possible cardiac / respiratory crisis) and have a coordinated set of responders so that we work as an efficient team, not a bunch of bozo clowns tripping over each other. All accredited hospitals in Canada are the same. Maybe use that as your model for the phone alerts? Just a thought.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Was listening to CBC Radio about this exact thing and the appeals to emotion by the police were pathetic.

Yes the murder of an 11 year old child is horrible. No one with a shred of a soul would say otherwise. Your alert system sucks, though. I saw mention of Route 401 and immediately checked if it was some obscure seasonal road near me in Northern MB.

We have codes in the facility I work in (eg. code blue for patient in medical distress / possible cardiac / respiratory crisis) and have a coordinated set of responders so that we work as an efficient team, not a bunch of bozo clowns tripping over each other. All accredited hospitals in Canada are the same. Maybe use that as your model for the phone alerts? Just a thought.
Of course, every parent thinks I am a monster for opining and think I am selfish. Not really. But I am going to point out that I finished a 12 hr day. If I didnt have Friday off, I couldn't have napped Friday for 90 min, which I needed due to the alarm. If I worked, I would have been exhausted. A tired pharmacist can be a sloppy pharmacist. Do we want to put me in a position where I can easily be overdosing patients?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Did any of you season ticket holders mysteriously finish paying for the year 2 months early like I seem to have? I did monthly payments, supposed to have 2 more, one of which would be overdue by 5 days and then 1 last one on March 15th, but my account says that there are no more invoices outstanding and they haven't taken my money this month. I checked my bank statements and I've made a single payment, once a month since last April. Like, I don't mind not having 2 more months of payments, but I'm a bit confused....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad