OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Honka's fancy stats are from sheltered minutes.

I've seen almost all his NHL games. He is skilled offensively but you cannot trust him in the dzone. I think he can play in the NHL in a sheltered role and with some PP2 time, but he's not exactly unique in that regard.

There is also the fact he has played very little pro hockey the last three years because he's been eating nachos in the pressbox lol.

EDIT: Looks like maybe you meant to post this in a different thread...
lol yeah I don't know what happened. We're dangerously on-topic for an OT thread here! :D

But thanks for the Honka report!

Reactions: Smelling Salt

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My 11 year old son was watching Smackdown wrestling for the first time in a year.....I joined him on the couch and happened to be watching when Chartlet Flair went up onto the top ropes and did a reverse backwards moon-salt to the arena floor landing in her feet and taking out her tag opponents......WTF?? When did women's wrestling add these dangerous spots?

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
My 11 year old son was watching Smackdown wrestling for the first time in a year.....I joined him on the couch and happened to be watching when Chartlet Flair went up onto the top ropes and did a reverse backwards moon-salt to the arena floor landing in her feet and taking out her tag opponents......WTF?? When did women's wrestling add these dangerous spots?

Never watched wrestling in my life but that sounds awesome. Power to the ladies.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Honka's one of those guys who have nice fancystats but it doesn't match the eye test. Prone to the big mistake maybe? The Finnish Paul Postma?
Honka's fancy stats are from sheltered minutes.

I've seen almost all his NHL games. He is skilled offensively but you cannot trust him in the dzone. I think he can play in the NHL in a sheltered role and with some PP2 time, but he's not exactly unique in that regard.

There is also the fact he has played very little pro hockey the last three years because he's been eating nachos in the pressbox lol.

EDIT: Looks like maybe you meant to post this in a different thread...
KHWtFeW.png
Granted I've seen absolutely none of his games but based on what Salt is saying it's pretty clear that Honka had some favourable usage, though it looks like his most common defense partners over the past two seasons were Johns, Hamhuis, Polak, Lindell, and Fedun. Lindell is essentially where offense goes to die, and Johns was also good in that regard in the 17-18 season but was great at defense too at least. I would say there probably is - ever so slightly - some impact of the 'big mistake' playing a part here, but that's just my view at a glance.

But like, he's so obviously worth a flier over the likes of some of these defensemen that get chance after chance after chance because they happen to be big. Honka doesn't have that going for him either.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's killing my landscaping project too. This is ridiculous.
At least it's not snow but man we've had enough already . And Tuesday 21 , Wednesday 4 with flurries , do we live in Calgary ? Just goofy .

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

There's been a BIG push by WWE to focus on women's wrestling, which includes increasing the caliber of athletes they have working for them. It's been a big focus in their 'minor league' brand and as good as the women on the main roster are, those that they have brewing in the minors are arguably going to be even better. They've come a long way from their ridiculous "diva" years.

One of many examples: Kairi Sane, who they imported from Japan (they are drawing significant talent from Japan and maybe surprisingly as well, Australia which is a huge hot spot for women wrestlers). Best elbow drop since Randy Savage.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

As @AlphaLackey said, WWE has been pushing more towards having legitimate skilled women wrestlers and less eye candy.

About 10 years ago or so, there was one or two legit woman wrestlers in the company. The rest were just models that couldn’t wrestle or sell worth a damn.

Now, they have actual talented workers.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
As @AlphaLackey said, WWE has been pushing more towards having legitimate skilled women wrestlers and less eye candy.

About 10 years ago or so, there was one or two legit woman wrestlers in the company. The rest were just models that couldn’t wrestle or sell worth a damn.

Now, they have actual talented workers.

One of my favorites from the new generation, Rhea Ripley. Them back muscles look like a scale map of the Rocky Mountains.

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad