OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Kind of want to change my username to ConnorHalibut because he's such a big fishing fan. But I don't want to give up my username because it's too good.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
So yeah - as I said in the GDT - I'm sitting in my front room watching the Jets game this afternoon. It's between periods, and I see a pickup truck drive by with a ton of grey smoke pouring out of the front. I get to the window and see him roll down the street with more smoke and now what looks to be flame coming out. I grab the extinguisher from the kitchen and run out, as does another neighbour down the way. The driver stops and pops the hood, and there is a lot of smoke coming out. The other neighbour hits the front of the truck first with the extinguisher, which does extinguish most of the flame. The driver gets back into his truck and drives down another 50m or so (!!!), which according to him was to get away from other houses. I jog up and open up my extinguisher on it and that seems to do the rest of the flame. The driver had already called 911, and sure enough sirens and two trucks show up to deal with the clean-up.

Apparently the guy pulled away from his house without unplugging the block heater and it broke the extension cord, which must have sparked some fuel or something.

Exciting stuff and two hours later I still can't feel my hands.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I hate doing drywall and putty. Total props to those that do this for a living
Sanding sponges are the key. I tried using the various "grits" of stuff but sponges make life oh, so much easier. Before them I'd spend the better part of a day working it smooth, not being happy, re-mudding, re-sanding. Sponge? Easy peasy.

Reactions: Afterburner

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Holy hell, I need winter to be over already.

PS, got engaged. Proposed to my common-law wife yesterday, we've lived together almost 5 years it's probably time. I bought her an Aviator jersey because she's been bugging me for one, put a picture of Perreault's head in the neck hole saying: Third (formerly fourth) line Jesus says "Hey, you should marry Kevin!" and put it in a box with him "holding" the ring.

Had to work the Jets in somehow lol

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

PS, got engaged. Proposed to my common-law wife yesterday, we've lived together almost 5 years it's probably time. I bought her an Aviator jersey because she's been bugging me for one, put a picture of Perreault's head in the neck hole saying: Third (formerly fourth) line Jesus says "Hey, you should marry Kevin!" and put it in a box with him "holding" the ring.

That's an awesome way to propose man! Congrats to you both on the engagement!

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Brilliant, congrats!!

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

That's very cool....grats LB!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Look at what those lucky folks in Ontario can get now. Shades of Repo Man. :laugh:

image.jpg

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
So they've painted cans of Budweiser yellow? :laugh:
people mock Bud. and you know i'm a beer snob.
give me a cold Bud on a hot summer's eve and i'll be grateful. for macro lager, it's pretty good.
same with Miller High Life. had a chinese food night last year and we drank MHL and it was excellent.

Reactions: ps241

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
people mock Bud. and you know i'm a beer snob.
give me a cold Bud on a hot summer's eve and i'll be grateful. for macro lager, it's pretty good.
same with Miller High Life. had a chinese food night last year and we drank MHL and it was excellent.

There's a time and place for every style. Bud, Miller, etc are all well crafted beers. On the other hand, I've had many a "craft beer" that I would have been embarrassed to pour off my homebrew taps. And I actually should have brought this up in the beer thread. That's what it's there for. Mods, if you would be so kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->