OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I missed groundhog day, was it sunny? Did that damn gopher see his shadow?

What other explanation can there be for this shit show?

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Dunno guys, I have one of those new electric snowblowers (not an electric shovel) and it works great. Ego is the brand. Have a good sized driveway and it did just fine. I wouldn't recommend it for huge rural properties, perhaps, but since it literally weighs half what a gas one does, it was a lot less work. Plus, it's powerful enough for the plough furrows, and requires practically no maintenance.

I will look into this one. I don't have a huge driveway, just the entrance drive in pad into the garage off the back alley, sidewalks and need to always make a "toilet" area and path for the dogs in the backyard because they are small and can't do much in high snow.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

What other explanation can there be for this **** show?

I realize almost everyone gets that the damn rodent is meaningless and just a silly ritual, but how often have we ever had an "early" spring or only "two more weeks" of winter? About once every ten years or so it happens. Never mind the fact that one of the damnable beasts is about 500 km south of us (Wyerton (sp?) Willie) and the other one is closer to 750 km south (Punxsatawney Phil).

It's Winnipeg, it's February. If we're lucky the snow will be gone by late March.

No comments welcome from the Kiwi peanut gallery. ;)

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I realize almost everyone gets that the damn rodent is meaningless and just a silly ritual, but how often have we ever had an "early" spring or only "two more weeks" of winter? About once every ten years or so it happens. Never mind the fact that one of the damnable beasts is about 500 km south of us (Wyerton (sp?) Willie) and the other one is closer to 750 km south (Punxsatawney Phil).

It's Winnipeg, it's February. If we're lucky the snow will be gone by late March.

No comments welcome from the Kiwi peanut gallery. ;)

I just always assume if he mentions early Spring he's forecasting for BC and the prairies will have Winter until April at least :laugh:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

What other explanation can there be for this **** show?

upload_2019-2-6_15-15-51.png

Well, I tried my best but a certain resident rodent on here put a stop to it ....

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I will look into this one. I don't have a huge driveway, just the entrance drive in pad into the garage off the back alley, sidewalks and need to always make a "toilet" area and path for the dogs in the backyard because they are small and can't do much in high snow.
That single-stage cordless electric Ego should be just fine for your purposes. At our old place I had a Toro 1800, which is a single stage corded electric and it was pretty good for most things. If the snow was too deep you kind of had to skim the top level then do the bottom (over 6" would be too deep). The electrics are light so you can maneuver these around. It beats shoveling, anyway!

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Anyone here a Ryobi tool user? I want to get a cordless airstrike 18v brad nailer but don't want to if it sucks. I got a turned towards Ryobi last year with a sliding compound mitre saw, and now I've been eyeballing other Ryobi tools

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
"State of Emergency" declared here over a few inches of snow. If you go outside it literally looks like a zombie apocalypse, empty streets, closed shops.

Insane surge pricing on the ride sharing apps. Wanted to grab some groceries but would have had to give an arm and a leg to get there.

Reactions: ps241 and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
"State of Emergency" declared here over a few inches of snow. If you go outside it literally looks like a zombie apocalypse, empty streets, closed shops.

Insane surge pricing on the ride sharing apps. Wanted to grab some groceries but would have had to give an arm and a leg to get there.

They need to send a "delegation" from your city out to Winnipeg, for a "real snow storm" . Like you know-- 20 inches of snow -- ( - 25 below farenheit, and topped off with whistling North winds at about 30 MPH. I think there would be mass suicide there

What, you've described is a "break" in our winter, and over there-"an emergency" We've been in this cold snap here for about 2 weeks straight- "frigid" :brrr:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I got the dreaded call from the wife at 3:30 PM today....minus 35 or 40 with the wind......very upset “I have a flat and am on the side of a busy road what should I do”? (One year old snow tires)

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I got the dreaded call from the wife at 3:30 PM today....minus 35 or 40 with the wind......very upset “I have a flat and am on the side of a busy road what should I do”? (One year old snow tires)

Oh man, that sucks. Hope everyone was ok and kept warm in the meanwhile. Really sucks when that happens in cold snaps like this, so dangerous.

Reactions: ps241

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

That sucks. I'll never live without CAA. Number of times that service has saved me is crazy. Had a lemon last year and needed 4 tows for example. My car turned off at a random while driving. I ended up selling it for pennies on the dollar. But just the peace of mind of being able to get a tow, or a boost, or even if it's that cold or a busy street a tire change in a pinch makes it worth every penny, IMO.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
That sucks. I'll never live without CAA. Number of times that service has saved me is crazy. Had a lemon last year and needed 4 tows for example. My car turned off at a random while driving. I ended up selling it for pennies on the dollar. But just the peace of mind of being able to get a tow, or a boost, or even if it's that cold or a busy street a tire change in a pinch makes it worth every penny, IMO.

Second that. Had a very positive experience with CAA many years ago. Our vehicle broke down in the wilds of Northern Ontario and rather than take a chance that the local garage in a nearby small town could effect repairs quickly, I elected to pay for a long tow back to a dealership in Thunder Bay. The tow truck driver told us that if we had the upgraded CAA Plus coverage, the tow would have been covered. First I had heard of it, and a bit annoying since I had planned the trip through a CAA office. It would have been good to know about that option before setting out. When we got to Thunder Bay I contacted them and they agreed to upgrade my coverage immediately for the remainder of the trip and after some further communications when we got back, they agreed to cover the cost of the tow. Fortunately, haven't needed their services often but I have had them replace dead batteries a couple of times. And since I use a CAA Mastercard, my CAA bucks generally cover the cost of the membership and then some. As you say, peace of mind is everything.

Reactions: ps241

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

Agreed, CAA pays for itself in an emergency which is pretty well all the time when Winter hits like this and you have to deal with breakdowns outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad