OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Telsa hits tree at high speed, and catches on fire (like many cars are likely to do), which forces Consumer Reports to pan Tesla as a vehicle, leading to NASA predicting an ice age due, thus we should dump green tech and return to burning fossil fuels.

Ok then. ;)

As big a petrol-head as I am (I've rebuilt car and motorcycle engines from the ground up, for instance), eschewing green tech in favour of fossil fuels is the wrong side of history.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
40 years ago, today ...

I was just a kid, but I remember it vividly ...

Yep, I watched it from the warehouse for a dead end job I fortunately moved on from. When I got back to the main production facility, I asked the workers there what they thought of it, and found out they weren't allowed to leave their jobs to go watch it. I mean, seriously? It's a once in a lifetime event and you're going to go all, we're not paying you to stare up at the sun? f***ing losers. Glad the company went out of business.

spiny norman

Administrator
Apr 1, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
I still remember exactly where I was when that took place. Was very cool to watch through welding glass.

To maximize the totality, we went to my uncle's farm just north of Gimli.

My brothers and I, we had those flimsy eye shields for protection; it looked like we were all auditioning to join Devo.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Yep, I watched it from the warehouse for a dead end job I fortunately moved on from. When I got back to the main production facility, I asked the workers there what they thought of it, and found out they weren't allowed to leave their jobs to go watch it. I mean, seriously? It's a once in a lifetime event and you're going to go all, we're not paying you to stare up at the sun? ****ing losers. Glad the company went out of business.
That was pretty normal behavior. I was in junior high and they had gone so far as to put cardboard over the windows. Everybody was banned from going outside. Thankfully I was a pretty good athlete and a couple of the teachers that coached the team weren't going to miss it. I happened to be out in the hallway just as they were going outside and they took me with them. Only kid in the school that got to see it. Won't ever forget it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm actually a really good employer. I just get really frustrated with the never ending demands of employees as I try to be fair and accommodate what I can. It's not usually a two way street.

It kind of is what it is in a good economy. I have a REALLY long list of people I know that bitch about staff but at the end of the day it’s an imput in business that needs to be managed. It’s not suppose to be easy, if you are an employer in 2019 you are always selling yourself and your company to your staff IMO.

I am linked to about 65 businesses that got together to measure net promoter score of employees (how likely would your staff be to recommend you as an employer to friends and people they know). I was shocked at the variance in results across the businesses. Just got past the second installment of measurement in the program and still lots of opportunity within the group to stop sucking as bosses.

:laugh:

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I am linked to about 65 businesses that got together to measure net promoter score of employees (how likely would your staff be to recommend you as an employer to friends and people they know). I was shocked at the variance in results across the businesses. Just got past the second installment of measurement in the program and still lots of opportunity within the group to stop sucking as bosses.

Hated the NPS when I was working my student retail job, but now the school I work at has us teachers ranked at about 8, it ain’t so bad.

:D

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hated the NPS when I was working my student retail job, but now the school I work at has us teachers ranked at about 8, it ain’t so bad.

:D

From my minimal exposure to this program 8 is excellent. Do you know the sample size as in ratio of students who participated? Did they measure all the teachers separately or is it a blended score and if so how many teachers were lumped together? Lastly (he says trying no to push his luck) why did you hate the NPS when you were working at the customer facing position in your retail job?

Last edited:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
It kind of is what it is in a good economy. I have a REALLY long list of people I know that ***** about staff but at the end of the day it’s an imput in business that needs to be managed. It’s not suppose to be easy, if you are an employer in 2019 you are always selling yourself and your company to your staff IMO.

Its how I feel about this site, I wouldn't recommend these MODS to anyone! :D :sarcasm:

Reactions: ps241 and Derfel

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
You know we’re heading into another ice age so electric will not help us only petrol will.

NASA admits to mini ice age 2019

Uh, no. NASA did not say that. They said that the Thermosphere would cool because of a solar minimum and climate change deniers latched onto it as proof that climate change doesn't exist. They said nothing about surface temperatures, and it will not affect surface temperatures.

EDIT: Holy smokes bud just looked into that more, if your reference to this has the post "The end of days is coming, find Jesus Christ before it's to late. It will be the greatest thing you've ever done, in your own words." in their profile that's a pretty good sign that you shouldn't trust them on anything scientific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad