OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Had my third seizure today while at work. Last i remember was operating an overhead crane(work in a steel plant that cuts steel) and then next i know I’m in the break room disoriented. Not a great feeling. I fell and hit my head and elbow but my elbow took the worst. Had an X-ray. All good though. Gonna have to go on anti seizure medication though. Keppra.

That's scary. Best wishes in dealing with this. Is there something at work that triggers the seizures? I would consider wearing a helmet until you know the meds are working for you. Shit, given the work you describe, I would probably wear a helmet anyway. :)

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Had my third seizure today while at work. Last i remember was operating an overhead crane(work in a steel plant that cuts steel) and then next i know I’m in the break room disoriented. Not a great feeling. I fell and hit my head and elbow but my elbow took the worst. Had an X-ray. All good though. Gonna have to go on anti seizure medication though. Keppra.
Glad you are ok. I hope they find a reason for the seizures and there is a long term solution.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Holy shit Duke that sounds rough. Take care of yourself. Does your company have a health plan?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
That's scary. Best wishes in dealing with this. Is there something at work that triggers the seizures? I would consider wearing a helmet until you know the meds are working for you. ****, given the work you describe, I would probably wear a helmet anyway. :)

Glad you are ok. I hope they find a reason for the seizures and there is a long term solution.

What he said. Be well @Duke749.

Thanks guys. Seems when I’m extremely sleep deprived while having some alcoholic drinks the night before was a bit of a trigger. Last time was over 2 1/2 years ago.

Holy **** Duke that sounds rough. Take care of yourself. Does your company have a health plan?

Yeh I finally got hired on after working through a temp agency. Just don’t have my card yet. Think I’ll meet my deductible pretty easily. Lol

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

Holy f***, take care man, that's scary shit. Really glad you're ok and hope they get to the bottom of things.

This is off the wall and not for everyone, and dependant on location, laws, etc, but CBD is something I always think of when I hear seizures.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Yikes.

Have them look into your blood pressure as well (low blood pressure). When I was younger I'd occasionally pass out. I wasn't really able to recognize it that much but as time passed I started to recognize the feeling - start feeling clammy, light headed then dizzy. Eventually I'd basically pass out. First time it happened I was at home making toast, probably around 16 years old. It's a drop in blood pressure that causes it for reasons that our esteemed Canadian health care system still hasn't provided an explanation for. I'm old enough that I now recognize the symptoms coming on and if I sit down and put my head between my legs I can just wait it out without blacking out. It also doesn't happen to me much now thankfully but I'd get it maybe once a year or so when I was younger.

No, not a doctor, not medically trained to any great extent. Just offering a possibility.

Take care Duke.

Reactions: ps241

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Sounds pretty scary Duke, hope this doesn’t become a regular problem for you. Glad to hear you’re in work though.

Been in France almost a month now. Vacation over so now I get to decorate my apartment. Gotta love IKEA.

Reactions: ps241 and Eyeseeing

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
You only decorate your first apartment once. ;)

Kinda sad I had to leave my country to find something affordable.

I've known people who have "reclaimed" their virginity so they could save themselves for marriage. I figure you can have as many first apartments as you want. :laugh:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Andrew Luck retires, wow.

Despise the Colts but have nothing but respect for Luck. Good on him for valuing his physical and mental health above all else.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You need to get a MRI done if you haven't already , i had a grand mol seizure out of nowhere about 18 years ago , at relatives for thanksgiving dinner no less , and i've been on anti-seizure meds ever since . To fix the problem surgery is required but too many other things can go wrong from doing the surgery because the problem is deep in the brain . Still get the funny feeling before a seizure but the meds keep me from actually having the seizure . I never got migraine headaches before the seizure happened but now i do , it sucks . Anyway i hope you feel better and somehow fix the problem . :thumbu:

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
You need to get a MRI done if you haven't already , i had a grand mol seizure out of nowhere about 18 years ago , at relatives for thanksgiving dinner no less , and i've been on anti-seizure meds ever since . To fix the problem surgery is required but too many other things can go wrong from doing the surgery because the problem is deep in the brain . Still get the funny feeling before a seizure but the meds keep me from actually having the seizure . I never got migraine headaches before the seizure happened but now i do , it sucks . Anyway i hope you feel better and somehow fix the problem . :thumbu:

Had an MRI a few years ago. Everything was fine. Did do an EEG that showed “seizure like brain waves” or whatever it was. Going to start Keppra. Seems extreme sleep deprivation combined with alcohol from the night before is a bit of an issue but I’m gonna have to follow up with a neurologist. Sucks because when it comes to the brain, nothing is straight forward.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Had an MRI a few years ago. Everything was fine. Did do an EEG that showed “seizure like brain waves” or whatever it was. Going to start Keppra. Seems extreme sleep deprivation combined with alcohol from the night before is a bit of an issue but I’m gonna have to follow up with a neurologist. Sucks because when it comes to the brain, nothing is straight forward.

Clearly, you need to cut back on the sleep deprivation. :nod:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
By the way did they take your drivers license away ? They took mine immediately and it took me a year of fighting with them to get it back . I had a all clear from all my doctors and i still had to fight for 6 months to get it back .

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Andrew Luck retires, wow.

Despise the Colts but have nothing but respect for Luck. Good on him for valuing his physical and mental health above all else.

Guys have to know their bodies and their priorities. These guys have to live their lives after football and not everyone is bat shit crazy about optimizing every ounce of earnings. I heard GSP on a Joe Rogan podcast and it was interesting to hear him discuss health vs earnings.

I wish the guy nothing but the best as he transitions to life after football.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
By the way did they take your drivers license away ? They took mine immediately and it took me a year of fighting with them to get it back . I had a all clear from all my doctors and i still had to fight for 6 months to get it back .

Not in the state of Georgia. You’re not supposed to drive for six months but you also don’t have to report it or anything.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Not in the state of Georgia. You’re not supposed to drive for six months but you also don’t have to report it or anything.
You are lucky with that then , dealing with the medical issue is bad enough . Anytime someone asked you to go somewhere you would have to say sure can you pick me up , just brutal . :laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Band of Brothers has to be one of the greatest shows ever, I've lost count of how many times I've watched it. Such a powerful story. The interviews during the show with the real WWII vets whose story it's based on gets me everytime.
I just watched it again a few weeks ago. It's amazing.

Reactions: Afterburner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad