OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Someone actually went to the trouble of gathering this data. Talk about...

Oh, and you really need to watch the video. It's so bad, it's good. :laugh:

And yet still, not their worst/best effort. I present this, from the live album they cut when Mr. Roboto was a smash hit and Dennis DeYoung decided that a bit more New Wave influence was just what they needed. Without exaggeration, this was the last straw that broke the camel's back.

Still love this damn song though :P

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
And yet still, not their worst/best effort. I present this, from the live album they cut when Mr. Roboto was a smash hit and Dennis DeYoung decided that a bit more New Wave influence was just what they needed. Without exaggeration, this was the last straw that broke the camel's back.

Still love this damn song though :P

Yep, you got me beat. :laugh: I had pretty much divorced myself from Styx by the time of Mr Roboto. DDY just got too weird for me. I was more into their 70's stuff. Still think Suite Madame Blue is a damn fine song. However, since I can no longer stomach DDY, I'll present a Gowan version.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Yep, you got me beat. :laugh: I had pretty much divorced myself from Styx by the time of Mr Roboto. DDY just got too weird for me. I was more into their 70's stuff. Still think Suite Madame Blue is a damn fine song. However, since I can no longer stomach DDY, I'll present a Gowan version.

Gowan is a really good fit, their last album (The Mission, 2017) is about as close to the classic sound from the 70s you can get. Their two attempted reunion albums (Edge of the Century and Brave New World) with DDY are also pretty good.

Meanwhile, this was DDY's latest effort from earlier this year. If you ever imagined what a rock video would look like if your grandpa and one of his old war buddies made one, here you have it:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Gowan is a really good fit, their last album (The Mission, 2017) is about as close to the classic sound from the 70s you can get. Their two attempted reunion albums (Edge of the Century and Brave New World) with DDY are also pretty good.

Meanwhile, this was DDY's latest effort from earlier this year. If you ever imagined what a rock video would look like if your grandpa and one of his old war buddies made one, here you have it:

I'll give him credit. He still looks and sings great. It's so sad when you see your favourite rockers from the 80's or whenever have let themselves go, both physically and vocally and are ripping off their loyal fans with sub-par performances.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Peterik is a legend, but yeah this video is horrible. Which is too bad because the song isn't bad.

But bad videos are par for the course for Frontiers. They flat out make horrible music videos for alot of very good songs.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I'll give him credit. He still looks and sings great. It's so sad when you see your favourite rockers from the 80's or whenever have let themselves go, both physically and vocally and are ripping off their loyal fans with sub-par performances.

That I'll agree with for sure. Irrespective of how one feels he may have gone off the rails creatively or.. temperamentally, he's definitely still quite competent; a far step ahead from those who stayed far too late. Imagine paying to see one of Sinatra's last concerts? Yikes.

Peterik is a legend, but yeah this video is horrible. Which is too bad because the song isn't bad.

But bad videos are par for the course for Frontiers. They flat out make horrible music videos for alot of very good songs.

Yeah, I really like the song. The harmony in the chorus reminds me a lot of Pieces of Eight. Much better to listen to than to watch ;)

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Pet peeve time. Text message:

[Person]: Hank
[Me]: ?

(Four hours elapse with nothing)

[Me]: ??
[Person]: Oh sorry, I was busy, was just wondering (mundane thing that you could’ve easily texted or just said ‘call me’ if you were that busy)

Like WTF? Thanks for the four hour anxiety attack.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Pet peeve time. Text message:

[Person]: Hank
[Me]: ?

(Four hours elapse with nothing)

[Me]: ??
[Person]: Oh sorry, I was busy, was just wondering (mundane thing that you could’ve easily texted or just said ‘call me’ if you were that busy)

Like WTF? Thanks for the four hour anxiety attack.

Turnabout is fair play, as they say. ;)

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Is it wrong to be jealous of your own child?

I'm asking because my son (remember StronGeer?) is one of the gearheads in Germany right now making THIS happen... and I'm jelly AF! :laugh:
Geez haven’t seen that name in a bit. That’s awesome!

Rugby World Cup arrived just in time to distract me from all of the Jets hand wringing. Don’t care if NZ wins or not, would like to see Ireland grab it for the first time. Canada sucks but you guys should still tune in.

Reactions: jefferoni

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

Grand Illusion and Equinox were all that mattered. Everything else they did was shit on a shingle.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad