OT: Jets Lounge: And you can put dat on yo toast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
And to think if it weren't for the writers strike Jesse's character was scheduled to be killed off after the 9th episode.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
And to think if it weren't for the writers strike Jesse's character was scheduled to be killed off after the 9th episode.

Really? That sounds like an interesting story, because that's an entirely different show then at that point.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

That is interesting and would have been the path most writing teams would have taken since he was such a flake and one sensed as the "team" began moving up in weight classes he would have been weeded out quickly with his obvious high risk low reward offering. Mr White's loyalty to a fault seemed strange as the team transitioned to the big leagues and it would have been easy to cut Jesse out and receive monster pay days. The retention strategy proved necessary and the push pull between the characters even when they hate each other but the loyalty is preserved is fascinating and could make for an interesting story arc (Why are they both loyal to a fault?)

The survival element is what is probably most interesting in this show. Walt's ability to match wits with Gus (once again especially with the poisen flower in his back yard as the final shot in season 4) in competition for Jesse's mind space was brilliantly written.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

similar to Omar in The Wire. Apparently he was suppose to be written out quickly as well which would have been tidy but unfortunate……great that never happened

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006
That is interesting and would have been the path most writing teams would have taken since he was such a flake and one sensed as the "team" began moving up in weight classes he would have been weeded out quickly with his obvious high risk low reward offering. Mr White's loyalty to a fault seemed strange as the team transitioned to the big leagues and it would have been easy to cut Jesse out and receive monster pay days. The retention strategy proved necessary and the push pull between the characters even when they hate each other but the loyalty is preserved is fascinating and could make for an interesting story arc (Why are they both loyal to a fault?)
The survival element is what is probably most interesting in this show. Walt's ability to match wits with Gus (once again especially with the poisen flower in his back yard as the final shot in season 4) in competition for Jesse's mind space was brilliantly written.

you are gonna love season 5, some crazy turns of events and that loyalty between Walt and Jesse really gets put to the test.... :nod:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I'm watching someone's NHL 13 Be a GM mode, and they're the Maple Leafs. They're currently deep in the playoffs (lol), but as he was mousing over options and teams, I saw that Winnipeg made the playoffs at 7th. He then went to check out lines for his team and his opponent, and moused over Winnipeg's lines at the same time. This is what Winnipeg had:

Kane - Logan Couture - Ladd
J. Gregoire - Scheifele - Frolik
Kubalik - Little - Miettinen
Joker - Tangradi - Cormier

y u do dis gaem? ._.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I'm watching someone's NHL 13 Be a GM mode, and they're the Maple Leafs. They're currently deep in the playoffs (lol), but as he was mousing over options and teams, I saw that Winnipeg made the playoffs at 7th. He then went to check out lines for his team and his opponent, and moused over Winnipeg's lines at the same time. This is what Winnipeg had:

y u do dis gaem? ._.

wow...thats awful. who's the goalie and d?

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

y u do dis gaem? ._.

Uhhh yuck. That's horribad.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
similar to Omar in The Wire. Apparently he was suppose to be written out quickly as well which would have been tidy but unfortunate……great that never happened

SpIke was only supposed to have 15 episodes on Buffy. They kept because the audience loved him.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
spoiler alert.

I have to say I am early into season 5 in Breaking Bad and I am starting to cheer against Walter White. They are doing a great job of transitioning him from a baby face (good guy) to a heel (bad guy).

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For those Larry David fans out there he has a new "Movie" on HBO call "Clear History" that is being aired right now and it is defiantly worth a look.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
So I'm ~6hrs into Dragon's Dogma for 360 (used) - not far story-wise since I really take my time when starting a new action rpg til I learn mechanics/systems but I did find myself having to google something and I discovered the Dark Arisen 'controversy'.

Has anyone here grinded the game at all that could shed some light whether it would be worth it to purchase the "DLC" or stick with vanilla?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So I'm ~6hrs into Dragon's Dogma for 360 (used) - not far story-wise since I really take my time when starting a new action rpg til I learn mechanics/systems but I did find myself having to google something and I discovered the Dark Arisen 'controversy'.

Has anyone here grinded the game at all that could shed some light whether it would be worth it to purchase the "DLC" or stick with vanilla?

If you buy Dark Arisen and transfer your vanilla DD save to it, you get an infinite use ferry stone. DA by itself grants access to a new dungeon with 4-5 bosses in it, some new gear, and new quests. It also addressed some balancing issues and smartened up the Pawn AI some. I have DA for the PS3, and spent way too many hours on it.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
If you buy Dark Arisen and transfer your vanilla DD save to it, you get an infinite use ferry stone. DA by itself grants access to a new dungeon with 4-5 bosses in it, some new gear, and new quests. It also addressed some balancing issues and smartened up the Pawn AI some. I have DA for the PS3, and spent way too many hours on it.

ferry stone = fast travel of some sort?

anyhoo looks like a buy then

thnx!

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
spoiler alert.

I have to say I am early into season 5 in Breaking Bad and I am starting to cheer against Walter White. They are doing a great job of transitioning him from a baby face (good guy) to a heel (bad guy).

That's interesting. I haven't watched BB yet (I've been meaning to), but one of my good friends has said that he viewed Walter as a heel pretty early in the series. Basically told me that he was watching partially to see if and when Walter would meet his demise.

Just one man's opinion, and I'll have to make my own judgment. It sounds like a really well-written show.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
That's interesting. I haven't watched BB yet (I've been meaning to), but one of my good friends has said that he viewed Walter as a heel pretty early in the series. Basically told me that he was watching partially to see if and when Walter would meet his demise.

Just one man's opinion, and I'll have to make my own judgment. It sounds like a really well-written show.

Hank you need to watch it, well need as much as you need to watch any well written tv drama - it is simply fantastic. Between HBO and AMC I don't really find myself watching anything else (there are exceptions) on tv.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Is it bad when I feel like I'm a burden to my parents when I stay with them? :help: And should I really feel like a little itty bitty turtle that doesn't want to come out of his shell because all they'll do is judge me and be critical of everything I do?? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad