OT: Jets Lounge: And you can put dat on yo toast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So tonight was the flood relief concert at McMahon stadium...and Nickelback closed the show. Global put the concert on TV...but Nickelback wouldnth give broadcasters the rights to put them on TV.

How Alt. Rock of you. Grow up Nickelback.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Is it bad when I feel like I'm a burden to my parents when I stay with them? :help: And should I really feel like a little itty bitty turtle that doesn't want to come out of his shell because all they'll do is judge me and be critical of everything I do?? :laugh:

I lived with my parents until I got posted to Vic. I was 21. Just look at them as your roommates instead of your parents.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So tonight was the flood relief concert at McMahon stadium...and Nickelback closed the show. Global put the concert on TV...but Nickelback wouldnth give broadcasters the rights to put them on TV.

How Alt. Rock of you. Grow up Nickelback.

Nickleback did the viewing audience a favor Sully ;)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
spoiler alert.

I have to say I am early into season 5 in Breaking Bad and I am starting to cheer against Walter White. They are doing a great job of transitioning him from a baby face (good guy) to a heel (bad guy).

I think you and I are probably watching at the same pace. I think my wife and I watched episode 5 (?) last night.

I hear what you're saying, I think I'm going the other way. I'm cheering him on to see how dark he can go...... ;)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm beginning to think my education history is messed up. In Kingston right now and before spending time here, the first people I thought of when I thought Kingston was Don Cherry, Kirk Muller and Doug Gilmour. :laugh:

I have to say though, it is amazing and gorgeous around here. I can see why people love it around here.

Young people wandering around happily buzzed at night, tonnes of good looking college students (Queen's and RMC), and a friendliness you just don't see in Winnipeg.

Me and my brother were walking around the residential area of historic downtown Kingston last night. We are both pretty big guys, and there was this tiny lady standing on the sidewalk. She gives us a big hello, despite the fact that it was dark and late.

I'd consider moving down in this area. So many options and so much to do.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think you and I are probably watching at the same pace. I think my wife and I watched episode 5 (?) last night.

I hear what you're saying, I think I'm going the other way. I'm cheering him on to see how dark he can go...... ;)

That is a good call and probably more fun!! interesting how he has transitioned from just surviving to actually thriving. It sounds like the movie time line covered in the first 4 seasons was “1 year†and it makes sense that a guy as smart as Walter would begin to settle into the game and adapt.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Young people wandering around happily buzzed at night, tonnes of good looking college students (Queen's and RMC), and a friendliness you just don't see in Winnipeg.

Me and my brother were walking around the residential area of historic downtown Kingston last night. We are both pretty big guys, and there was this tiny lady standing on the sidewalk. She gives us a big hello, despite the fact that it was dark and late.

That was one of the most depressing things about living near campus in the south end of town. I can't count the number of times women/students walking along University Crescent would cross to the other side when I was walking towards them in the other direction. Oh sure, I'm hideous and repulsive, but I'm not dangerous. I understand why they did it, but it's a sad statement on society in general.

Moved to Southdale for our first house with my wife and I could walk in that neighbourhood and everyone was friendly. Didn't get better looking or smaller so I'm thinking there's a general paranoia (cannot say whether it's justified or not) that is fostered at the UofM campus.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I'm beginning to think my education history is messed up. In Kingston right now and before spending time here, the first people I thought of when I thought Kingston was Don Cherry, Kirk Muller and Doug Gilmour. :laugh:

I have to say though, it is amazing and gorgeous around here. I can see why people love it around here.

I'd consider moving down in this area. So many options and so much to do.

I spent a summer there...its amazing. Except the far end of Princess St...thats nasty lol.

I love how cars just stop for you when you randomly walk across the road and no one seems to care lol.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Nickleback did the viewing audience a favor Sully ;)

You know...if the relief concert wasn't sold out...I would have assumed that this is why they did it. But it was. Obviously not everyone can afford the tickets...and the TV was probably the only way to see it, and it was for charity. My opinion of Nickelback has dropped now.

I know you were probably kidding PS, but that really chaps my ass. Its a charity concert and you can't sign over the rights so people can watch you on TV for free.

What a bunch of dick heads.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
You know...if the relief concert wasn't sold out...I would have assumed that this is why they did it. But it was. Obviously not everyone can afford the tickets...and the TV was probably the only way to see it, and it was for charity. My opinion of Nickelback has dropped now.

I know you were probably kidding PS, but that really chaps my ass. Its a charity concert and you can't sign over the rights so people can watch you on TV for free.

The devil's advocate of that is that if the entire concert had been blacked out then it would have sold out and generated more ticket sales. I'm sure a lot of the people watching it on TV could have afforded the tickets but chose to be cheap and watch for free. They are the dickheads imo.
I'd say the same no matter who was playing.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind

Chad has been a dick since before they recorded their first album.

Their music is terrible and he thinks he is king **** of turd island.

If nickelback fell away into complete obscurity for the remainder of my lifetime
I would die happy

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
The devil's advocate of that is that if the entire concert had been blacked out then it would have sold out and generated more ticket sales. I'm sure a lot of the people watching it on TV could have afforded the tickets but chose to be cheap and watch for free. They are the dickheads imo.
I'd say the same no matter who was playing.

you do know that there was just a flood here, and the damn thing was for charity right?

the concert was sold out and every other performer allowed themselves to be shown on TV for all those that didn't have tickets. It wasn't like it was a bunch of nobodies either Randy Bachman, Tom cochrane, Matthew Good Band, Jann Arden etc.) were all there.

I'm sure there were a lot of people that could have bought the tickets, but its not like it wasn't a sold out show regardless. I think that was a classless move by Nickelback. the local news couldn't even show them as part of the story.

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006

well, he definitely cranks up the darkness factor a notch or two in episode 7 and 8 :amazed:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
you do know that there was just a flood here, and the damn thing was for charity right?

the concert was sold out and every other performer allowed themselves to be shown on TV for all those that didn't have tickets. It wasn't like it was a bunch of nobodies either Randy Bachman, Tom cochrane, Matthew Good Band, Jann Arden etc.) were all there.

I'm sure there were a lot of people that could have bought the tickets, but its not like it wasn't a sold out show regardless. I think that was a classless move by Nickelback. the local news couldn't even show them as part of the story.

Never mind me Sully, I'm illiterate.

I scanned your email and read that it wasn't sold out, not that it was sold out.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
tumblr_mrlzolkYYw1qa7781o1_500.png

tumblr_mrlzolkYYw1qa7781o2_1280.png

tumblr_mrlzolkYYw1qa7781o3_1280.png

tumblr_mrlzolkYYw1qa7781o4_1280.png

tumblr_mrlzolkYYw1qa7781o5_1280.png

tumblr_mrlzolkYYw1qa7781o6_1280.png

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Np. Latest news on my outrage...Chad Kroeger wanted to be paid for the rights to air him. At a
Charity concert.

****ing dick bag

Chad seems to be having trouble seeing the Forest for the trees.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
In other news...the CIA has de-classified area 51...apparently its just a fancy
Plane they were hiding from the commies.

Now, I'm not saying it was aliens...

But it was aliens.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Np. Latest news on my outrage...Chad Kroeger wanted to be paid for the rights to air him. At a
Charity concert.

****ing dick bag

Wow... Nickelback dropped from "probably nice guys but awfully boring music" to "probably *******s with awfully boring music". Not bad Chad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad