OT: Jets Lounge: And you can put dat on yo toast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I'm doing a bit of a 2 week "life detox"/vacation starting tomorrow.

No twitter, TV, movies, hockey stuff (including AIH + HFBoards), alcohol and unhealthy foods for two weeks.

So no Vitto q's for a bit :)

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow

No twitter, TV, movies, hockey stuff (including AIH + HFBoards), alcohol and unhealthy foods for two weeks.

who the **** is gonna be the yin to ryan's yang in my twitter feed then?

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg

Take it easy, buddy. Sounds like that might be kind of peaceful.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I was thinking about taking a break from HF...then I remember that this is all there is between me and total insanity.

Weird when you think about it.

Puckschmuck*

I'm beginning to think my education history is messed up. In Kingston right now and before spending time here, the first people I thought of when I thought Kingston was Don Cherry, Kirk Muller and Doug Gilmour. :laugh:

I have to say though, it is amazing and gorgeous around here. I can see why people love it around here.

Young people wandering around happily buzzed at night, tonnes of good looking college students (Queen's and RMC), and a friendliness you just don't see in Winnipeg.

Me and my brother were walking around the residential area of historic downtown Kingston last night. We are both pretty big guys, and there was this tiny lady standing on the sidewalk. She gives us a big hello, despite the fact that it was dark and late.

I'd consider moving down in this area. So many options and so much to do.

What you see there is what you are going to see downtown here in about 10 years. I spoke with several condo development agents (all the condo towers going up downtown) as I am considering investing in one or two of these properties, and sales are going through the roof, anywhere from 50 to 80 percent sold, and most of these units are not cheap for what you get. Apparently prices will be going up soon because the sales are going so well so quick. Most possession dates won't occur for another year or two, so that means many will wait to purchase closer to these dates which is common in these kinds of developments. That means there is a demand for high-class living in the downtown. Along with this will come an explosion of restaurants, retail, pubs, etc. which means an extremely vibrant downtown, lasting well past 10 pm. After all the failed attempts at revitalization, this (SHED) is looking to be the catalyst that is so badly needed. Patience is key. People need to understand things don't change overnight. FYI, there are more high-rise condo's and appartements being proposed (need a good mix of these two), so this is only the beginning of the renaissance. Apparently we haven't seen anything yet.

As for the friendliness, I disagree with you. I find Winnipeg a breath of fresh air in terms of people interacting with me positively and friendly-like compared to the hot arrogance and materialistic mentality that thrives in Alberta.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
As for the friendliness, I disagree with you. I find Winnipeg a breath of fresh air in terms of people interacting with me positively and friendly-like compared to the hot arrogance and materialistic mentality that thrives in Alberta.

It's hard to feel any friendliness in downtown Winnipeg since the media has reported downtown as a bad evil place full of criminals. Everyone walks around without making eye contact and in a defensive posture.
Until people feel more relaxed downtown won't feel more friendly.

Puckschmuck*

It's hard to feel any friendliness in downtown Winnipeg since the media has reported downtown as a bad evil place full of criminals. Everyone walks around without making eye contact and in a defensive posture.
Until people feel more relaxed downtown won't feel more friendly.

Same thing in Downtown Edmonton. The media portrays the downtown in a very negative light. I'll never understand why certain cities have media that enjoy trashing their own cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad