Post-Game Talk: Jets lose to the Hawks 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Jets lose two of top 5 players for scoring chances and possession...

Jets having issues with scoring chances and possession...

Not surprised. This was kind of called prior to the season.

Also, meh on Montoya. Never thought he was better or worse than Pavs. Don't blame the lose on the goalie though when the team plays a sub 40% possession game.

I remember those guys.

Is there a stat for schedule difficulty to this point in the season? I assume it would calculate the Jets opponents home and away records and the difficulty in collecting points against these teams.

There is never an excuse for losing but I wonder if the Jets have played a difficult schedule up to this point.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
TSN1290 - Noel states Kane wasn't cleared medically.

I didn't really like how that was a topic of discussion for so much of the game, not only do you not have proof of a healthy scratch but the Jets were getting smoked anyways, Evander Kane doesn't magically make this game more even. I realize in blowouts you have a lot of dead air, but find something else to talk about.

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
Montoya does what we need. Our biggest problem is goal scoring. We need a system that compliments the players we have. Noel hasn't really done that/teams adjust too quickly

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Chicago is really really good. And we were horrawful. Or worse. And we gave up in the third. And we can't pass.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Happy that controversy happened on national television...
Lets see how long it takes to hear "Kane wants out!!!!!!!"

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I remember those guys.

Is there a stat for schedule difficulty to this point in the season? I assume it would calculate the Jets opponents home and away records and the difficulty in collecting points against these teams.

There is never an excuse for losing but I wonder if the Jets have played a difficult schedule up to this point.

I could average out the difficulty in the Jets' opposition... but that would take effort :P

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Happy that controversy happened on national television...
Lets see how long it takes to hear "Kane wants out!!!!!!!"

I'm too afraid to go to the main boards right now, but I imagine we'll see a lot of really absurd trade offers for Kane tomorrow based on that premise.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
This team needs structure and discipline. With players like Buff that want to free wheel and does what he wants, that won't happen til he is moved.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This game was like watching an AHL team play an NHL team.

Somebody hit Patrick Kane already & stop watching him skate in circles. :shakehead

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
Okay, I thought of a positive this year.

Enstrom has completely flipped me. I really was not nearly as hot on him as many people were. I have really watched him and the little things he does. Sure he has his short comings but he's really got this way of subtlely doing a lot of things right, and quite often people start to enjoy whatever pairing he's in.

He just quietly has won me over doing the right thing more often than not.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I remember those guys.

Average record of the teams that the Jets have played so far is 8-5-2

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Okay, I thought of a positive this year.

Enstrom has completely flipped me. I really was not nearly as hot on him as many people were. I have really watched him and the little things he does. Sure he has his short comings but he's really got this way of subtlely doing a lot of things right, and quite often people start to enjoy whatever pairing he's in.

He just quietly has won me over doing the right thing more often than not.

He's good, but would be better playing with someone who moves the puck but allows Toby to rush.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Yaknow, in NHL 14 when friends from one team, play against eachother, and just let eachother score. Thats Buff... he misses his buddies in Chicago.. waaa...TRADE!

White Out 403*

No wonder Canada thinks we suck. that game was brutal. Montoya held them in for as long as he could but the brutal give aways and defence was just too much, and frankly against a far superior opponent. It's really too bad we didn't get that goaltending Saturday when we were able to match scoring chances.

I don't want to get too down on this team after just 1 loss but there's a trend that's continuing on here from Atlanta. Just don't have the horses. I was so hopeful for this game too :(

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Some are speculating that Evander Kane is on the verge of being traded.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
No wonder Canada thinks we suck. that game was brutal. Montoya held them in for as long as he could but the brutal give aways and defence was just too much, and frankly against a far superior opponent. It's really too bad we didn't get that goaltending Saturday when we were able to match scoring chances.

I don't want to get too down on this team after just 1 loss but there's a trend that's continuing on here from Atlanta. Just don't have the horses. I was so hopeful for this game too :(

That's 110% correct and it is worry some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad