Post-Game Talk: Jets lose to the Hawks 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FBS

Sep 6, 2011
Wouldn't be that bad if the team was actually trying to tank.

#firenoel #buyoutpavelec

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Kevin Cheveldayoff grow a pair and do something

The direction that this team ig going in, is not the right direction. Ownership, the GM have to do something, just because they have our money for 5 years does not mean they can just sit on their hands. Kevin Cheveldayoff has to do something, at least Rick Dudley was trying.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kane fanboy here case you couldnt tell yet.

Please dont anyone blame him for answering a question honestly. If he was healthy scratched, he was healthy scratched. This kid cant win even when hes not at fault.

Depends on how healthy he was though if the club was legitimately airing on the side of caution with no agenda I don't agree with what he said but he is driven and competitive and he might have just been frustrated. If he was actually just a healthy scratch then I have less issues with what he said personally although no comment might have been better but whatever.....Noel can't possibly catch more heat than he has been getting lately so onward.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Detroit is much better than us and we controlled them that whole game...

It's time for a coaching change, this inconsistency issue has been around far, far too long.

Detroit is nowhere near as good as Chicago. Sometimes the Stanley Cup champion, playing at its best in its home building, will beat an average team pretty good. This was one of those times.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
the bright side - Wright is turning into a hockey player. Tangradi looked good and Olli smoked a few guys ...

The negative - the jets are turning into the laughing stock of the league as each game goes by.

bazaaa*

On behalf of sensible people everywhere, I apologize for that idiot fan's behavior. What kind of monster wastes perfectly good, priced up beer?

No, seriously, hope that idiot gets a lifetime ban from the UC.

What happened? I didn't see the game.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
No one should dump on Kane. Other than Trouba, he's my only untouchable on this team and a legit superstar

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
At times it looks like the jets players don't know what to do. I mean the hawks are a frikkin awesome team and all but there we're times when we were stuck in our zone and had chances to do something and instead guys were just standing there watching them pass the puck around. And then we would get the puck, and after about 40 seconds of futility trying to get out of our zone what do we do? Cute little chip shot along the boards that gets stopped at the line and we're right back behind our net.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
What happened? I didn't see the game.

Pardy got knocked through the glass - glass fell on the crowd, someone grabbed Pardy's helmet and put it on their head, while someone else poured a beer on him.

BYcEIHXCMAAxKhS.jpg:large

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not happy with the loss, but it just shows how much better a team like Chicago is.

Buff on the other hand was just plain terrible, didn't look the least bit interested out there.

Noel I just don't know what to say, it looked lime the game plan was to collapse and give Chicago the perimiter and they just killed us with the extra space. I'm not going to comment until I hear more about the Kane situation.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
But look at the teams we're playing. The last four losses have been to teams that have lost either one or two games in regulation in the entire season. Could we really have hoped for more than a couple of points out of those games, in total? Realistically? We're not as good as Chicago and they beat us. It's kind of a "dog bites man" story, really.

But it's the way we are doing it.

We are in year three and you know how much better we play in front of our own net? Or break out of the zone, or handle trappy teams? Not any better than year 1.

Last year we had some truly impressive efforts against the likes of Boston, and a good pile of teams we weren't supposed to beat.

'The dog is whizzing all over the man' story is more like it.

Like others have said before me, when we put in a great effort and lose, I'm not going to hold it against a team that simply can't win. This is different though.

I feel we are worse this year. I have zero to back that up, it just feels like even after losing some dead weight from last year, we are playing crappier hockey.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
On behalf of sensible people everywhere, I apologize for that idiot fan's behavior. What kind of monster wastes perfectly good, priced up beer?

No, seriously, hope that idiot gets a lifetime ban from the UC.

love the Hawks fans....lots of passion. The guy putting the helmet on made me laugh because dude was just a bit over served :laugh:.....Women with the beer dump was lucky someone didn't do something stupid to her. That being said our crowd is far from perfect so whatever I thought security handled it well.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Detroit is much better than us and we controlled them that whole game...

It's time for a coaching change, this inconsistency issue has been around far, far too long.

Detroit was playing its forth game of a road trip and a back to back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad