Post-Game Talk: Jets lose in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Had free tickets in a private box. All this cost me was an Uber ride home. Still pissed off - we are very good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. What a disappointing ending to this game…:thumbd::thumbd:
Rangers are on a role. We cannot be too pissed off at an ot loss but this game exposed the weaknesses being special teams ,lack of a point shot and soft play by our supposed best winger.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Except he disappears come playoff time. He's a regular season goal scorer who is bad at almost everything else, and he doesn't even score goals once the playoffs start.

He's too soft and isn't the type of player you win with in the playoffs, that has been clear for several years now.

He disappears in the playoffs though, you can't win with him on your team.
40 gp 12g 15a 27p
32 gp 4g 8a 12p

One of those is Connor, one is Ehlers. I'm sure you know which is which

Reactions: 10Ducky10

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
40 gp 12g 15a 27p
32 gp 4g 8a 12p

One of those is Connor, one is Ehlers. I'm sure you know which is which
I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Ehlers when I never said anything about him but his poor playoff scoring doesn't change the fact that Connor is a one dimensional goal scorer who is soft as baby shit and disappears come playoff time.

If you want to have a conversation about Ehlers then go ahead but he has nothing to do with the conversation about Connor.

Reactions: DRW204

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well damnit , we played good but time to switch out Iafallo for Neo on the 1st PP and get him to park his ass right in front of the goalie. Lots of heat on Connor but he is what he is, a very talented offensive player that doesn't play defense. Will be very interesting to see how that line plays with Valardi back. Also a very nice standing ovation for Wheeler.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
The pp really needs help. Is there anyone with a half decent shot from the point!! Until that is fixed this team is going nowhere.

I would take Trouba on the Jets in a New York minute
Copa can shoot. Call him up.

Trouba? yessir he would look good in a Jets jersey.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Did you not see the BS call they gave the Rangers to give us 2 minute pp in ot?

Our PP sucks and half the team cant hit the broad side of a barn if they tried. Also we need a heavy, hard shooter on the point. Ever since Buff left we have not had one

You don't need the heaviest shot. You just need somebody able to filter through from the point. The Rangers are lucky enough to have three defenders that can do that. Helps that they are also adequate defenders as well. Our passive umbrella power play is f***ing trash.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Ehlers when I never said anything about him but his poor playoff scoring doesn't change the fact that Connor is a one dimensional goal scorer who is soft as baby shit and disappears come playoff time.

If you want to have a conversation about Ehlers then go ahead but he has nothing to do with the conversation about Connor.
27 points in 40 playoff games isn't disappearing.

There.

Reactions: Inanna and sipowicz

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Let’s set the bar higher. 13,000 should be the “lowered” bar.
It's going to take time. This is a problem that took years to surface.

A team that's playing the right way and competing for top spot in the division especially through the cold months should really help, but the primary issues of economy and lack of business investment is going to take time.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
We are finding ways to give away points. In this one, keep taking dumb penalties in the third period until they tie it up on their powerplay. While our powerplay is trash. What does Pionk give us on the powerplay anyway? Not exactly a heavy shot. And he has a tendency to wind up and 'cough' BLAST 'cough' his uuuge slapper when we have less than ZERO traffic in front of the net.

Anyway, at least we got a point.

Reactions: sipowicz

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
It's going to take time. This is a problem that took years to surface.

A team that's playing the right way and competing for top spot in the division especially through the cold months should really help, but the primary issues of economy and lack of business investment is going to take time.

A season ticket umbrella of 13,000 plus 9,000 waiting in reserve doesn't just disappear because of economical situations and a pandemic. This is a multifaceted problem that TNSE will need to address if they want to foster positive community vibes.

Reactions: Buffdog

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
We are finding ways to give away points. In this one, keep taking dumb penalties in the third period until they tie it up on their powerplay. While our powerplay is trash. What does Pionk give us on the powerplay anyway? Not exactly a heavy shot. And he has a tendency to wind up and 'cough' BLAST 'cough' his uuuge slapper when we have less than ZERO traffic in front of the net.

Anyway, at least we got a point.

Not sure that I would fault Dillon on that penalty call. It was weak.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Ehlers with 4th line minutes when he had some jump tonight. KFC is soooo weak.
It's painful watching him give up puck battles and races to the puck because there's a chance of contact. Defensemen love playing against guys like him.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Why dont we play our most gifted playmaker in PP1? Cant use the Wheeler excuse with his forced cross-pass. We have not had a such gifted playmaker talent since Petan (he did not work out sadly) so time to use him ffs. I like Iafallo, but he should not be on PP1

Reactions: Adam da bomb

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
You don't need the heaviest shot. You just need somebody able to filter through from the point. The Rangers are lucky enough to have three defenders that can do that. Helps that they are also adequate defenders as well. Our passive umbrella power play is f***ing trash.

Agree, and agree.

Also don't quite understand why it has become so slow and predictable -- again, after so much supposed work and revamping.

Capo at this point is a better option than Schmidt, etc. Heinola might be in play also once he's back and acclimatized. But for now, focusing on movement and screens and a defender or anyone who can reliably get a shot on net for a tip or otherwise is a step up.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Also super weird having Perfetti sit there on his wrong side of the net? Is he supposed to be going for tips or something? Don't quite understand what the pp is trying to do

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
They were employing the Umbrella on the PP its just too bad they tried to make Connor take every possible shot. Really need whoever the D man is to be able to get good tipable shots on net from the middle see the Rangers PP.

Again another game were Special teams will win you a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad