Post-Game Talk: Jets lose in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Can I trade the penalty of marginal cost to game manage the game into a tie? And exchange for a meeting with power playing overtime that didn't result in anything?
If Jets would of scored on the PP like the Rangers did you would be singing a different tune. The refs only call the penalties. Its up to the players to capitalize. Rangers did and the Jets didn't. That was the difference in the game. Not the refs.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well, I thought that was a real good and entertaining game played by both teams. I really enjoyed watching that one. Rangers have a real nice team and we played them evenly in most game states. One thing I didn't like was the lack of discipline in the third. You can't give the second best pp multiple looks when you are leading.

The coaches need to figure out the special teams ad both units are actively costing us points and wins. Changing out one player for another won't do anything on the PP if the same scheme and game plan is being used. The plan needs to scrapped and a completely new one drafted. The PK hasn't been much better whish is a surprise after the high level PK we ran last year.

Helle played an excellent game as did their goalie. Not at fault for the goals and made a number of nice saves.

JoMo/DeMelo: I thought both bounced back with a much better effort in their end. I thought JoMo was more patient offensively which opened some things up for him.

Pionk/Dillon: Dumb penalty by Dillon but otherwise he played a strong game imo. Puonk was solid but he needs to do better with his shots when he jumps up. He waits too long and often fires into crowds or a set goalie as a result.

Snerg/Schmidt: I thought both were quiet but imo that is what you want out of the third pairing most nights.

First line: These guys are struggling right now. They aren't able to generate much and are loosing their matchups. The coaches had to give them the soft matchup in the third period. Scheifele is working hard but things just aren't breaking his way right now. I thought Conner started to show some flashes and was trying to make things happen. Iafallo isn't really bringing much to that line or the pp imo. The its good and bad that both the second and third line are really going now. Hard to justify breaking up two really successful lines. Maybe try Kupari on line one instead of Iafallo.

Second line: Ehlers best game in a long time. He was moving his feet and making things happen all night. I thought he also played a much smarter game and managed the puck much better. Perfetti with another excellent all around effort. He's really getting confident all over the ice. The only thing left imo is to get confident beating NHL goalies, but if he keeps getting to the right spots and shooting more they will come. Namestnikov with a good support effort on that line.

Third line: Nino almost singlehandedly makes that line dangerous. He was a bull out there tonight. Lowry was a bit off with his passing, served some pizzas. But otherwise the trio played a solid night.

Fourth line: Played limited minutes but didn't hurt the team and Gus with a real nice finish on his goal.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Still having issues with my BellMTS Internet. Finally received my new modem (after they sent the first one to the wrong address), but still does not work. Anyway, tough loss tonight, thought we had a chance to win it, but it wasn't meant to be. Nice Wheeler tribute and applause by fans. I give the game three Wheeler's out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Golden Showers has been posted for your guesses. No one has claimed the GDT for the Thursday night game in Vegas, so now is the time to grab it for yourself! See you then...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I’ve never noticed more than this year how Kyle Connor waits for everyone else to do the hard work. He’s always tried to avoid contact, but now he doesn’t even make an effort on any play. So incredibly weak.
And we can’t keep trying to set up the power-play for Connor and his one timer. It’s the most predictable play in the league right now.

It's because they have transitioned more to a group of two way types so he stands out like a bonfire against the rest of the team. Wheeler is gone and Scheifele is dialed in to the plan so he's the only one left.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Perfetti and Ehlers starting to groove, hopefully Nik gets on track this team needs him, Helle again playing real well. This team is competing just need to straighten out the PP get some timely goals and keep collecting points.
Totally agree, they need a couple guys to develop into finishers, when the games are on the line.

Reactions: bustamente

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Yup - KC is going to win it or lose it for you - but that's what you get with this player.
Except he disappears come playoff time. He's a regular season goal scorer who is bad at almost everything else, and he doesn't even score goals once the playoffs start.

He's too soft and isn't the type of player you win with in the playoffs, that has been clear for several years now.

PP is now costing us points, has to top priority by the coaches and changes need to be made

The term is floater, and he is the poster child but if he can score 40+ and we make the playoff I wont be mad
He disappears in the playoffs though, you can't win with him on your team.

Reactions: AlaskaJet and hn777

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
We’re a top 4 RHD and an improved 2C from being able to make some serious noise IMO. Hopefully Chevy doesnt waste the opportunity

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It's because they have transitioned more to a group of two way types so he stands out like a bonfire against the rest of the team. Wheeler is gone and Scheifele is dialed in to the plan so he's the only one left.
Yes, he does stand out -
He's never played a physical game in his career so not sure why we expect that to change.
I don't expect the gallery on KC to change - he'll be the hero or the villain.
Tonight he put one of the post from a bad angle in OT - if that goes in, completely different narrative.
That's how it will be for KC every game - he'll always be it the discussion (good or bad - and nothing in between).

But I do get a chuckle out of how he frustrates the crap out of some on here - as if we just discovered what type of player he is.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Had free tickets in a private box. All this cost me was an Uber ride home. Still pissed off - we are very good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. What a disappointing ending to this game…:thumbd::thumbd:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Except he disappears come playoff time. He's a regular season goal scorer who is bad at almost everything else, and he doesn't even score goals once the playoffs start.

He's too soft and isn't the type of player you win with in the playoffs, that has been clear for several years now.
Can't disagree that he's soft -
He needs to score on the PP and he needs to be playing with players that will do most of the work.
If you were to ask me if I want this type of player on my team, I would say yes - but only one of them. He adds a ton of excitement along with the bad that we talk about after games where he isn't filling the net.
We'll see how the line does when Vilardi is back - because that is really what is important and will determine if KC is worth the contract.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yes, he does stand out -
He's never played a physical game in his career so not sure why we expect that to change.
Tonight he put one of the post from a bad angle in OT - if that goes in, completely different narrative.
That's how it will be for KC every game - he'll always be it the discussion (good or bad - and nothing in between).

But I do get a chuckle out of how he frustrates the crap out of some on here - as if we just discovered what type of player he is.

He's good at what he does. In the end he tends ro contribute a decent amount more then his flaws. You need people who can score and he's a sure bet for 35 to 45 goals a year.

Glad the coaching staff understands the issue. Now we need some practice time to really work on it.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

He disappears in the playoffs though, you can't win with him on your team.
He scored 3 goals in 5 games last playoffs?
Who scored the double overtime goal that knocked the Oilers out?
Ehlers is the one that disappears in the playoffs.

Reactions: Potrzebie

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Hey hey big Nik scored the OT goal in game 3 that same series that put the Jets up 3-0 over the Oilers.

Reactions: kanadalainen

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013

He has 12 goals in 40 career playoff games which is dogshit for a player who only scores goals and does f*** all without the puck

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Did you not see the BS call they gave the Rangers to give us 2 minute pp in ot?

Our PP sucks and half the team cant hit the broad side of a barn if they tried. Also we need a heavy, hard shooter on the point. Ever since Buff left we have not had one
The pp really needs help. Is there anyone with a half decent shot from the point!! Until that is fixed this team is going nowhere.

Vilardi's injury rearing it's ugly head as some players are playing where they are not suited to play. Can't complain about collecting points. Rangers are a top shelf team and the Jets hung in there pretty well tonight. Also Trouba is not that impressive
I would take Trouba on the Jets in a New York minute

Reactions: DRW204

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Nice to see ehlers have a bounce back game after a V poor play in the MTL game for the game tying goal.

Yes, he does stand out -

Couldn't watch half the game. But many of the comments on here is what people have been saying for years of KC.

The kc and Scheifele stack just needs to end until vilardi is back imo. But not sure what exactly you can do really. He isn't going to the bottom 6 and the second line has been awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad