Post-Game Talk: Jets lose in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
So your point is just Connor sucks? Why the focus on just him?
People are showing connor is not the best but his contribution is about the same as the rest of the team so should the jets blow the team up? They should just move connor even though he is on par with rest of the stars on team?
wow what. You most certainly are not Adam da brain.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
A season ticket umbrella of 13,000 plus 9,000 waiting in reserve doesn't just disappear because of economical situations and a pandemic. This is a multifaceted problem that TNSE will need to address if they want to foster positive community vibes.
I respectfully disagree

Reactions: SLAYER

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
So your point is just Connor sucks? Why the focus on just him?
People are showing connor is not the best but his contribution is about the same as the rest of the team so should the jets blow the team up? They should just move connor even though he is on par with rest of the stars on team?
We were discussing Connor because he was floating around doing f*** all on the winning goal.

Several people tried to excuse it by saying he's a 40 goal guy so it's just something we have to live with and I pointed out that he isn't a good goal scorer come playoff time.

It was not a broad discussion of the entire team, it was about Connor not playing defense.

And to answer your question yes I do think they should move Connor to try and improve the overall team in a similar way that they did with the PLD trade and have been saying it for several years now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DRW204

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Scheifele definitely appears to be trying to play a 2 way game, Connor is lost defensively, scheif has a clue, Kyle does not. They just don't work well together tho. I'd split them up. Rearrange the top 6 cuz the bottom group is fine right now

Iafallo Scheifele ehlers
Connor Perfetti Names

Or go loopy and call up Lambert
Connor Fetts Lambert.

Cuz need help there
Names isn't a top 6 guy.

Call up Lambert. Give him 5 games. Send him down. Call up Chibrikov for 5 games, back down, lucius zhilkin etc...
This pretty much goes against development models most teams employ. Usually to develop young players you want consistency and predictable roles against competition that they are comfortable against. You want Lambert out in offensive situations with #1 PP time. You also want him to develop a team first approach to the game. Having open 5 game tryouts for all your young players rips this apart, not considering that if you bring up someone you have to send someone down which would likely cut into our depth. And since when is the NHL a developmental league, especially for a team that has made a huge win now commitment with Helly and Scheifele.

Reactions: surixon

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
So last year we floundered when Brad Lauer was away and this year we suck because of him.
Have I got this right
Last year we floundered in Lauers system, and everyone hoped it was because he was away.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This pretty much goes against development models most teams employ. Usually to develop young players you want consistency and predictable roles against competition that they are comfortable against. You want Lambert out in offensive situations with #1 PP time. You also want him to develop a team first approach to the game. Having open 5 game tryouts for all your young players rips this apart, not considering that if you bring up someone you have to send someone down which would likely cut into our depth. And since when is the NHL a developmental league, especially for a team that has made a huge win now commitment with Helly and Scheifele.

Yup, let him continue his positive momentum. There will be a spot for him in another year if he keeps growing. This is a kid that only a year ago was floundering. Now that his development has been on a positive uptick for half a year we want to jump the gun? As past history with this player shows he needs time at lower levels before he's ready to be advanced. Advancing him too quickly has resulted in less than stellar results.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I am still without internet, the techs are coming on Thursday morning to see what is going on. No one has signed up to create a GDT for the Vegas game, and I won't be able to put something together, so if anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. Hopefully the techs can figure out what is wrong so I can get back on the world wide web...

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
We were discussing Connor because he was floating around doing f*** all on the winning goal.

Several people tried to excuse it by saying he's a 40 goal guy so it's just something we have to live with and I pointed out that he isn't a good goal scorer come playoff time.

It was not a broad discussion of the entire team, it was about Connor not playing defense.

And to answer your question yes I do think they should move Connor to try and improve the overall team in a similar way that they did with the PLD trade and have been saying it for several years now.
Not a good playoff scorer @ .3 gpg
Better than Panarin .28, Marner .2 and in the same stratosphere as P Kane .38, Landeskog .39, Kucherov and Malkin .37

I don't think you know what good nhl playoff scoring rates are.

Reactions: abax44 and Atoyot

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Schief also looked lost out there on that last goal. Ehlers and Schief are also often not good at d so maybe we should move them too.
But that would be bringing other guys in and you only want the conversation to focus on Connor. He is definitely the worst at D but where is the threshold of good enough. Everyone, but Connor?

Last edited:
Reactions: abax44

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Lol maybe he's closer to returning than previously thought

OR

The kid who spent his recent past in LA doesn't love our early winter and wants to go to Vegas with the boys

I'd be excited if he was on the plane and it was going to Ottawa, Buffalo or Edmonton

And f*** Vegas

• Haha
Reactions: JetsUK and Jets 31

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Not a good playoff scorer @ .3 gpg
Better than Panarin .28, Marner .2 and in the same stratosphere as P Kane .38, Landeskog .39, Kucherov and Malkin .37

I don't think you know what good nhl playoff scoring rates are.
Most of those players are essentially point per game playoff guys which Connor isn't close to being.

None of the guys on your list are known as pure goal scorers the way Connor is and most of them contribute to their teams success away from the puck in a much bigger way than Connor.

Connor is soft, and is either too lazy or too low IQ to play defense. If he isn't scoring goals he is a negative on the ice much of the time.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
But that would be bringing other guys in and you only want the conversation to focus on Connor. He is definitely the worst at D but where is the threshold of good enough. Everyone, but Connor?
Connor is the biggest problem, usually you address the biggest problem first.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Connor is the biggest problem, usually you address the biggest problem first.
Usually you come up with a plan for an identity. Are we going to accept guys who put up lots of points and are weaker at D like Ehlers kfc and Schief or do we get rid of everyone who isn’t great two way players.
Schief is the leader so sets the tone so addressing him first could makes the most sense.

Also would argue Ehlers inability to stay healthy is a bigger problem for the team.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Jets are playing very good right now, and are competitive with top teams in the NHL. They "need" to make an adjustment on the powerplay, as they are generating next to zero goals here. The biggest problem is their too predictable, and very easy to defend against. They are basically relying on getting the puck over to Connor, for a one timer, and a goal, but teams are now blocking those passing access lanes off.

What I'd like to see is more emphasis on "back end" scoring, like they did last year a lot, with a big body like Neiderreiter in front of the net. I'd then like to see Ehlers playing the point on the left side on defence, and Morrissey on the right side. Both these guys have hard accurate slap shots, that can get thru to the net. Ehlers did very good last year playing the point, so "leave him there". Also if the lanes are blocked off from shots , both these guys are fast skaters, and can rush the net, and either shoot, or pass it off to an open guy.

For the forwards I'd like to see, Scheifele at center, and Connor, and Nino on the wing. Nino's job we be to stand in front of the net and screen the opposing goalie. Nino would do this, until Villardi returns, then Villardi would take his place. This will work very good.

In summary, I'd like to see the powerplay focus shift, from the forwards, as we're doing now, and now focus on our backend scoring, as I've described above. If we did this, I'm certain we'd have a lot of success, and a very much improved powerplay.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Most of those players are essentially point per game playoff guys which Connor isn't close to being.

None of the guys on your list are known as pure goal scorers the way Connor is and most of them contribute to their teams success away from the puck in a much bigger way than Connor.

Connor is soft, and is either too lazy or too low IQ to play defense. If he isn't scoring goals he is a negative on the ice much of the time.
Ahhhh ok so changing the argument when presented with stats. Roger.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I am still without internet, the techs are coming on Thursday morning to see what is going on. No one has signed up to create a GDT for the Vegas game, and I won't be able to put something together, so if anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. Hopefully the techs can figure out what is wrong so I can get back on the world wide web...
Maybe time to give Jane another go.:D

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I never hated the Rangers but after reading some of their post game posts i don't care for them much now. I've been to New York and i can say without a doubt i would way rather live in Winnipeg and its not even close . And Canada over the US as well.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I never hated the Rangers but after reading some of their post game posts i don't care for them much now. I've been to New York and i can say without a doubt i would way rather live in Winnipeg and its not even close . And Canada over the US as well.
I have always disliked the Rangers. Couldn't quite put my finger on it. But there it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad