Player Discussion: Jets have suspended Dustin Byfuglien for failing to report to camp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
If the information was that specific, then calling it just a feeling would still identify the source. But it wasn't specific at all. In fact he basically said that it was based on nothing. If it is based on nothing, then it is nothing.
That was indeed the strangest "insider" report I've ever heard. I'm just going to assume that there is much more that he's not telling us.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
If Buff comes back, and if he did NO training during the off season, what would be a realistic time frame to get in playable shape?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That was indeed the strangest "insider" report I've ever heard. I'm just going to assume that there is much more that he's not telling us.

Not an unreasonable assumption. But if that is the case, then that is what he should have said - there is more that I can't tell you. Not that it is based on a "feeling". He didn't even say whose feeling. :laugh:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Sounds to me like he's heard "there's a growing sense of optimism" -
When you don't know the source or exactly what may have been communicated, you're left clinging to shreds of hope -
I look at this optimistically. The sentence that has me wondering is the one in bold - who feels that there is a sense that he might return - is this how the club feels or Dreger? He's being vague for a reason - this one is sensitive and he's being very careful.

"There’s a growing sense of optimism that Dustin Byfuglien may indeed return to the Winnipeg Jets. Now, clearly there’s nothing official. There’s no guarantee. There’s no timeline on when Byfuglien may return and you’re not going to get the Winnipeg Jets to confirm nor deny. It’s just a sense that he’s more likely to return than not, which is saying something, considering all the speculation over the last few weeks."

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Buff comes back, and if he did NO training during the off season, what would be a realistic time frame to get in playable shape?

:laugh: July.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm no expert on training or conditioning but I think that actually playing is a poor way to get into playing shape. At 34 YO and probably carrying a fair bit of excess weight it would take quite a while, I think. It would depend on how hard he works.

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
I’ve done this line of work and truly you have to look at the organization as a whole in regards to sources...if there are lots of leaks then you likely can be more forthcoming with information. But in regards to the Jets, we rarely ever have a leak...so dreger may be very much so being vague so he doesn’t get his source found out.

Or he could be talking from his anus...who knows.

Reactions: Jets 31

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I’ve done this line of work and truly you have to look at the organization as a whole in regards to sources...if there are lots of leaks then you likely can be more forthcoming with information. But in regards to the Jets, we rarely ever have a leak...so dreger may be very much so being vague so he doesn’t get his source found out.

Dreger's source is Paul Maurice.

I would however love to see someone talk out of their anus though! :laugh::eek:

Nov 24, 2006
I feel fairly strongly that Dreger isn’t just blowing smoke on this. He does have a reputation of having info. Doesn’t mean Buff is 100% coming back but I think there must be a reasonable chance of it if Dreger is saying it on national TV.

Hey, where’s the guy here that had inside info that was going to be PM ing us? I’m still waiting for mine...

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017

this really made me think he was coming back all along, and may have been subject to a Jets suspension for failing a drug test. If it was a failed internal drug test, it’s very unlikely True North would come out and say that and would be something along the lines of the story we’re being told

Reactions: angrymnky

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Dreger could have asked someone in the org if they had more or less confidence in Buff's return than a week ago. The person isn't going to say less and start the apocalypse so he says more. Dreger then extrapolates liberally.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

Ace Ventura would like to speak with you.

hqdefault.jpg

:laugh:

zsam

Mar 26, 2016
Winnipeg

Dreger: "Hey Paul, anything new on Buff?"
Maurice: "We are hopeful ..."
Dreger: "BREAKING NEWS, BREAKING NEWS, ... There is a high level of optimism that Buff will be back!!!"

Reactions: Ducky10

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Crazy what kind of BS gets thrown around.

I spoke to a 94 year old lady today who told me that she heard Byfug was "on dope" and abused his wife which is why he's not on the team.
She knew a lot about this year's team but man Jets gossip/BS really spreads to everyone in this city.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017

I spoke to a 94 year old lady today who told me that she heard Byfug was "on dope" and abused his wife which is why he's not on the team.
She knew a lot about this year's team but man Jets gossip/BS really spreads to everyone in this city.
Hate to say it, but that's what happens when the team keeps things a secret. Not saying Buff isn't entitled to his privacy, but this is the reality of human nature and sports fans.

Reactions: drumzan

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

She must have seen Reefer Madness on the tube the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad