Player Discussion: Jets have suspended Dustin Byfuglien for failing to report to camp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll believe he will come back when he comes out and says it. I'm just ignoring the media speculation.
Agreed.

So Buff, if you are on The Red right now jiggin' for greenbacks and surfing HF between haulin' in lunkers... take a moment to send a text over to Chevy saying you'll be coming in tomorrow for your physical.
KThanx big guy.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Crazy what kind of BS gets thrown around.

I spoke to a 94 year old lady today who told me that she heard Byfug was "on dope" and abused his wife which is why he's not on the team.
She knew a lot about this year's team but man Jets gossip/BS really spreads to everyone in this city.

Did the 94 year old lady look like this?

1JRct2a7_400x400.jpg

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Hate to say it, but that's what happens when the team keeps things a secret. Not saying Buff isn't entitled to his privacy, but this is the reality of human nature and sports fans.
Yes. Remember when this all started, Maurice addressed this at the end of a presser and essentially told fans (customers) it was nothing to worry about. I hate to say it, but this organization can't stop lying. If their mouths are moving......they're lying.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Yes. Remember when this all started, Maurice addressed this at the end of a presser and essentially told fans (customers) it was nothing to worry about. I hate to say it, but this organization can't stop lying. If their mouths are moving......they're lying.

Watched an interview the other day with a GM of a team, and the reporter was asking the same questions that Chevy gets asked all the time IE player personal questions, etc... and it was amazing to watch... the GM actually answered the questions about the players. So this is what a franchise that knows how to treat their fans / customers acts like. Now maybe it wasn't all that much info. but given the less than scraps that Jets fans get from Mr. " you know it's a process" … it was an eye opener.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Watched an interview the other day with a GM of a team, and the reporter was asking the same questions that Chevy gets asked all the time IE player personal questions, etc... and it was amazing to watch... the GM actually answered the questions about the players. So this is what a franchise that knows how to treat their fans / customers acts like. Now maybe it wasn't all that much info. but given the less than scraps that Jets fans get from Mr. " you know it's a process" … it was an eye opener.

Which team?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd be curious to see this. Do you have a link?

Deleted member 218451

Nothing sinister was the exact wording.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I'd be curious to see this. Do you have a link?

I have no link as it was just A quick talk during an intermission and I believe it was MacLellan from Washington. they asked him about a couple of players and he was honest as to what he thought of them, both positive and negative. Just not used to that.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Can you find me a link to him saying that? I'm having difficulty finding it.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Actually it is interesting to see the clip again. I think you can detect that he was legitimately caught off guard by the leave of absence. He looks concerned.
I agree but Mr. Potato head , oops Munz , looks like he's gonna cry .:laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You didn't think that was what he was implying? It was a calculated deception.

Nope. Nothing sinister and nothing to worry about don't mean the same things at all. Nothing sinister means it isn't something like Buff going to jail. Nothing to worry about means he will not be retiring and will be back in the lineup soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Nope. Nothing sinister and nothing to worry about don't mean the same things at all. Nothing sinister means it isn't something like Buff going to jail. Nothing to worry about means he will not be retiring and will e back in the lineup soon.
Buff retiring isn't anything for you to worry about. Just like you retiring isn't anything for Buff to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->