Player Discussion: Jets have suspended Dustin Byfuglien for failing to report to camp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Dreger has a feeling - based on nothing at all, according to him. :towel: :sarcasm:

I thought he was going to report that he had spoken to someone close to Buff, or that Buff had been spotted skating with some team or other. Nope, just a feeling.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.
Don't be such a party pooper man .:laugh:

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
Dreger has a feeling - based on nothing at all, according to him. :towel: :sarcasm:

I thought he was going to report that he had spoken to someone close to Buff, or that Buff had been spotted skating with some team or other. Nope, just a feeling.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.
This is not based on “nothing at all”. Presumably he has been asked by his source(s) to handle with care - it’s within the interests of any of the likely sources (agent, Jets front office, coaching staff, teammates, etc.) for Buff to return and also within all of their interests to not be fingered as the source on this sort of story - meaning Dreger would need to be vague.

Why would he suddenly take a position out of thin air? Perhaps you do not care for his work, but he is employed professionally to source information regarding the NHL and it’s players, coaches, teams etc. It does not serve him well to make it up as he goes along...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This is not based on “nothing at all”. Presumably he has been asked by his source(s) to handle with care - it’s within the interests of any of the likely sources (agent, Jets front office, coaching staff, teammates, etc.) for Buff to return and also within all of their interests to not be fingered as the source on this sort of story - meaning Dreger would need to be vague.

Why would he suddenly take a position out of thin air? Perhaps you do not care for his work, but he is employed professionally to source information regarding the NHL and it’s players, coaches, teams etc. It does not serve him well to make it up as he goes along...
Agreed. The "insiders" get fed information from one side or the other as it benefits them. The guys who break stuff don't need to make up stuff because there is already an audience for their everyday musings as they are constantly being asked opinions on endless sports radio spots throughout the day. More and more they are the advance spokesperson for the player and the agent.

Reactions: TorJet

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

He said "not based on anything in particular, just a feeling". He could have said he had it from a confidential source. He could have said a lot of things. But he said it was "just a feeling". Ridiculous thing to say.

I don't know why he would suddenly take a position out of thin air. I generally like his work. This "work", I don't like. If he has something, report it. If not, STFU.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Having buff back would be amazing but it isnt going to fix anything. If we get buff and another top 4 d man somehow then I would be excited

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
If Buff comes back, who will be on the #1 PP unit? Buff or Morrissey?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Buff without a doubt . When Buff got hurt last season our PP went in the crapper , Buff at the point helps the PP in alot of ways .

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
either or doesn't matter, laine fans will blame them for laine not being able to score on the pp.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
He said "not based on anything in particular, just a feeling". He could have said he had it from a confidential source. He could have said a lot of things. But he said it was "just a feeling". Ridiculous thing to say.

I don't know why he would suddenly take a position out of thin air. I generally like his work. This "work", I don't like. If he has something, report it. If not, ****.

Lol I get that.
I hope Buff comes back but until it actually happens not believing it either.
Damn he’s an important piece of the puzzle.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013

Maybe not. I'm not being hopeful, but there certainly could be a context where the comments Dreger made could have only had one source and Byfuglien's camp would know who was leaking, and if he said anything other than "just a feeling" he'd be doing the same as naming the source. This specifically has happened before.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
TSN speculated he's retiring...two weeks later they are speculating he's not.

Must be awesome to have a job with zero accountability.
Or maybe he was actually leaning towards retirement at the time and then changed his mind? Its possible that both Mackenzie and Dreger got it right based on the information they had.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Dreger dredging up rumors from deep in the abyss. Without even a faint hint at a source of this rumor, he's lost whatever credibility he had left.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Dreger

041a37e80660a87acf2d11d499682114fc9cf58e9c9ddfc4d04887ddf354f85f.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maybe not. I'm not being hopeful, but there certainly could be a context where the comments Dreger made could have only had one source and Byfuglien's camp would know who was leaking, and if he said anything other than "just a feeling" he'd be doing the same as naming the source. This specifically has happened before.

If the information was that specific, then calling it just a feeling would still identify the source. But it wasn't specific at all. In fact he basically said that it was based on nothing. If it is based on nothing, then it is nothing.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->