Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Sure, they may be interested in Buff, too. Maybe add Carolina to the mix, too. Though, I'm sure Carlyle and the Leafs would lose patience with Buff real quick.

The Rangers would be a team that could use some offence from their back end, but I'm not sure they have the pieces the Jets would want in return.

I've thought the Flyers were always the best trading partner for the Jets with Buff, and their slow start seemed to point in that direction. With their improved play, now wouldn't be a good time to make a deal, IMO. Less likely to trade players and top prospects for Buff- why disrupt a winning formula.

The Ducks seem to be a better fit, to me. Though there is that Western Conference thing.

For sure, all good stuff. Just wanted to add the possibility of a different type of team instead of strictly the cup contenders.

In regards to a Buff trade, I think any of those teams would probably have the pieces that would help us. Considering we need so many things. ;)

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Despite all the relentless negativity I still really like DelZotto and I think his value has been so tarnished by Vigneault and Rangers management that he'll be available for cheap right now. Buff for Del Zotto, Hagelin + good prospect?

Or considering Carolina's trouble at D. Lindholm for Buff straight up? A bit to risky for me but a high risk/reward kinda move.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Despite all the relentless negativity I still really like DelZotto and I think his value has been so tarnished by Vigneault and Rangers management that he'll be available for cheap right now. Buff for Del Zotto, Hagelin + good prospect?

Or considering Carolina's trouble at D. Lindholm for Buff straight up? A bit to risky for me but a high risk/reward kinda move.

I'm not as down on DZ as HF seems to be either. Kreider won't happen, but I would love to get a guy like Miller.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm not as down on DZ as HF seems to be either. Kreider won't happen, but I would love to get a guy like Miller.

I like MDZ as well but he's more of a puck moving guy and I'd prefer a more defensive guy for a 2nd pairing lefty on this team.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Kovacevic thinks we should trade Wheeler. I wonder how he'd like giving up Maata plus a prospect and a pick in return.

Lump that deal with Buff for Voracek and a first rounder and I think we've improved the team going forward.

Oh, and Setogucci for Reimer at the deadline.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
He said Wheeler , who he said he really liked , would not get Maata , not get Maata plus ....

So he's no different than other homers on the trade board. We want your top player but you can't have any of ours.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hey guys, I'm an Avs fan coming in peace. The Jets are my second favorite team and i'm actually an employee of the IceCaps.
I'm impressed night in and night out by Zach Redmond. Every night he plays the caps have a much better chance of winning. There's no one guy who makes the team better than Zach. Even O'Dell doesn't make as big a difference.
In saying that, I'm wondering what his value is in trade terms. Is he a player the Jets may trade? There are a lot of defenseman on your team signed into next year and there's no way Redmond accepts another 2 way deal. With the Avalanche playing well yet lacking D i'm wondering what it would cost to get him from the Jets if he was available. Would a prospect+pick work? A really high pick alone? A roster player?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hey guys, I'm an Avs fan coming in peace. The Jets are my second favorite team and i'm actually an employee of the IceCaps.
I'm impressed night in and night out by Zach Redmond. Every night he plays the caps have a much better chance of winning. There's no one guy who makes the team better than Zach. Even O'Dell doesn't make as big a difference.
In saying that, I'm wondering what his value is in trade terms. Is he a player the Jets may trade? There are a lot of defenseman on your team signed into next year and there's no way Redmond accepts another 2 way deal. With the Avalanche playing well yet lacking D i'm wondering what it would cost to get him from the Jets if he was available. Would a prospect+pick work? A really high pick alone? A roster player?

Good question Kento. IMO, I don't think any of us here will be able to provide a great answer. The reason is, I think it all depends on if Chevy makes other moves, and how the org feels between guys like Redmond, Postma, and upcoming Kichton.

If Chevy doesn't move Buff, the team has Buff, Bogo, Trouba on the right, and then Redmond, Postma, and a guy like Kichton in between. Postma also has a contract. It's pretty crowded.

I'd love to get something good for him, but I don't know if he has the NHL resume yet to get it.

Only Chevy knows I guess.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.

I'm no expert on gauging value, but I'd guess that Redmond's trade value isn't high enough to make it worth it for the JETS to trade him. I don't see him being worth a 1st rounder if that is what you were referring to by "high pick".

I like Redmond and I think something will open up for him next season in Winnipeg. The JETS are going to go through some changes after the season. I'd rather move Buff for something that could really help the JETS, freeing up a spot for Redmond.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Honestly out of most of those guys I'd rather keep Redmond. I think a right side of Trouba/Bogosian/Redmond is fantastic. I don't see Buff or Postma staying with us long term.

member 105785

apparently there's some rumours on twitter that Gillis offered Gaunce, 3rd, Tanev, Hansen for Kane, your GM wanted Horvat but apparently that was a no-go, any opinions on this matter? have you guys heard anything?

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
apparently there's some rumours on twitter that Gillis offered Gaunce, 3rd, Tanev, Hansen for Kane, your GM wanted Horvat but apparently that was a no-go, any opinions on this matter? have you guys heard anything?

My opinion is that twitter isn't any kind of source of anything. I can go and write that the Sedins were offered up for Kane. Doesn't mean it happened.

Edit: For clarification I mean that twitter is a means of information. The source is who posts on twitter. Were these sources knowledable or joe sixpack heard from a friend of a friend.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

i have yet to hear anything about Kane being available. His continued performance with Schiefele makes me think this is even less likely going forward.

I hope we don't trade him for anything but an unreasonable return.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne

Sounds like the delusional fantasy of a 'Nucks fan. That is basically every piece the Canuck's wouldn't really care about parting with.

I'm sure Jets would be interested in Horvat in a deal for Kane but if I'm being honest I'm not ever sure it would be acceptable if he were the most valuable piece.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Kovacevic thinks we should trade Wheeler. I wonder how he'd like giving up Maata plus a prospect and a pick in return.

Lump that deal with Buff for Voracek and a first rounder and I think we've improved the team going forward.

Seto for Reimer has no shot of happening.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Kane would be the closest thing to untouchable as far as I'm concerned. He is one of two or three guys on this team that actually gives a damn. I would need Horvat, Lack, and two firsts to even think about it.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Kane would be the closest thing to untouchable as far as I'm concerned. He is one of two or three guys on this team that actually gives a damn. I would need Horvat, Lack, and two firsts to even think about it.

Agreed, although I don't know if that would be enough. Those 1st's are going to be in the back of the draft.

Horvat, Edler, and the 1sts, on the condition that Chevy is simultaneously on the other lines moving Edler for another top 6 forward (Like a ROR). ;)

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012

1. We're not rebuilding. The trade may help us long term but hurts us now considering our # of NHL calibre forwards is pitiful. By the time the pick/prospect come along (if they do) our core will be nearing the end of their deals

2. That's the type of trade we need to try and make IMO. A swap with another struggling team. Talent for talent. Preferably D for FW. However that package gets us laughed off the phone. If Philly would give us Vorachek for Buff straight up i'd take it and run

3. Toronto will have no interest in seto. Value is off too

sdbullet

Dec 19, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
I personally think Byfuglien would make a much better forward than a dman, how about the following:

Jets get: Edler a top 2 LH dman with a big shot and size and signed for 4 more years beyond this year at a very reasonable $5 million per

Canucks get; Byfuglien signed for 2 more years beyond this year and play him at RW as long is he is willing to accept playing there.

Winnipeg gets a longer contract at a lower price and Vancouver gets a slightly higher contract at shorter length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad