Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
A writer named Jimmy Murphy has said that Arizona is trying to acquire Trouba

You realize that Haggerty tweeted that first a couple days ago right? And you are surprised Murphy repeats it.

Those were the two Boston reporters who have a reputation for inventing things and then being each others source. They were the same two who concocted the Boston 7 x 7$M offersheet fiction.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Trouba for Doan and Domi. Mostly to punish Doan. And Pavs.

Any rumour mill spitting this out? I'd be happy to see Domi, but I'm sure many people would groan about Doan coming back to our city. Seems pretty nonsensical too considering he just signed what is presumably his last deal as a one-year to close out his career with the Jets 1.0/PHX/ARI franchise.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Any rumour mill spitting this out? I'd be happy to see Domi, but I'm sure many people would groan about Doan coming back to our city. Seems pretty nonsensical too considering he just signed what is presumably his last deal as a one-year to close out his career with the Jets 1.0/PHX/ARI franchise.

It was a joke. Like another poster stated, OEL or nothing.

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
If Larsson returned Hall....and Trouba is > Larsson...we should be able to get at least Jaime Benn or Johnny Gaudreau.

Duchene or Landeskog would seem more likely. If Trouba and his camp get out of hand with what they want would it be reasonable to trade him for say Duchene or Landeskog and sign a couple older free agents as a band aid solution for the next year or two? You know what you would be getting in regards to money, term and talent with those two more than you do with Trouba. It would make our forward group a terror. But...our defense would take a hit. And we would protect 7 forwards in expansion obv.

Dirty30

Feb 12, 2012
Just for the heck of it...what would be a realistic hypothetical Dman (Trouba)for Dman trade?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Lindholm or bust - but I want both of them

I don't think there is a single reasonable deal that we could cobble together to make that happen. I'd love for it to happen and would even part with, say, Connor and a our first round pick maybe to get that done...but they would still probably turn that down.

Could you imagine though?

Lindolm Trouba
Enstrom Buff
Morrissey Myers

Dayum. That's good D.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Duchene or Landeskog would seem more likely. If Trouba and his camp get out of hand with what they want would it be reasonable to trade him for say Duchene or Landeskog and sign a couple older free agents as a band aid solution for the next year or two? You know what you would be getting in regards to money, term and talent with those two more than you do with Trouba. It would make our forward group a terror. But...our defense would take a hit. And we would protect 7 forwards in expansion obv.

It would be...but a forward in exchange for Trouba does nothing for us. We are a team that needs to take the next step and as nice getting Duchene would be(I don't want Landeskog) it just doesn't fill a need.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
It would be...but a forward in exchange for Trouba does nothing for us. We are a team that needs to take the next step and as nice getting Duchene would be(I don't want Landeskog) it just doesn't fill a need.

I could actually see a forward trade for Myers due to the expansion draft.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I could actually see a forward trade for Myers due to the expansion draft.

I could see it, but our D is just that much weaker after a trade like that. If we could even trade Myers for an equivalent or better piece on the left side...I would be in favour of that as well.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I don't think there is a single reasonable deal that we could cobble together to make that happen. I'd love for it to happen and would even part with, say, Connor and a our first round pick maybe to get that done...but they would still probably turn that down.

Could you imagine though?

Lindolm Trouba
Enstrom Buff
Morrissey Myers

Dayum. That's good D.

:naughty:

phamJET

Feb 1, 2010
I read on nhl.com that Detroit needs a defenseman, who would you guys want from Detroit for trouba?

Larkin? Nyquist?

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I read on nhl.com that Detroit needs a defenseman, who would you guys want from Detroit for trouba?

Larkin? Nyquist?

Larkin, but he's untouchable for them.

Winnipeg and Detroit not really good trading partners, need a young LHD.

phamJET

Feb 1, 2010
Larkin, but he's untouchable for them.

Winnipeg and Detroit not really good trading partners, need a young LHD.

Has trouba played on the left side before? he is a mobile defenseman, so iam guessing he can play on the left side without fear of fowards burning him by cutting back inside. If it was a RHD like myers or buff playing on the left side then I would be worried, cause they are not as mobile as trouba.

A RHD that can hit hard playing of the leftside, I dont think any foward would want to get close to the boards, cause trouba would just crush them.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Has trouba played on the left side before? he is a mobile defenseman, so iam guessing he can play on the left side without fear of fowards burning him by cutting back inside. If it was a RHD like myers or buff playing on the left side then I would be worried, cause they are not as mobile as trouba.

A RHD that can hit hard playing of the leftside, I dont think any foward would want to get close to the boards, cause trouba would just crush them.

He played LD paired with Seth Jones at the WJHC. They won gold. He played a teeny bit in the playoff year, mostly in the 3rd period when Maurice shortened the bench. He played more last season paired primarily with Buff until Myers had surgery and then he switched back to the right side.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He played LD paired with Seth Jones at the WJHC. They won gold. He played a teeny bit in the playoff year, mostly in the 3rd period when Maurice shortened the bench. He played more last season paired primarily with Buff until Myers had surgery and then he switched back to the right side.

I always thought Buff would be the best of the three RHD on the left side. He's so smart and has great skills. Interesting that Maurice shifted Trouba instead.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I always thought Buff would be the best of the three RHD on the left side. He's so smart and has great skills. Interesting that Maurice shifted Trouba instead.

My uneducated guess would be that Maurice asked buff, Myers and trouba if they wanted to move over and they all said no. Trouba had the least seniority, so it was him when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad