Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Ignoring the fact that Malkin has a full trade clause and most certainly wouldn't waive it to come here and ignoring the fact that he isn't a free agent soon and ignoring the fact that it would gut our team to trade for him...

How on earth would it not be a loss if he left for free agency? We would still have to spend all those assets to get him. We'really talking about, probably, Scheifele or Little, Trouba, Ehlers or Connor and a first. A first that 's going to be high.

Sounds to me tho that PITTS should make a trade like that with someone, kinda like when BOS traded Big Joe away for more options. If trading him would net Little, Trouba and Connor alone than the Pens should start looking as that would set them up nicely moving forward, and then the other team: :help:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Sounds to me tho that PITTS should make a trade like that with someone, kinda like when BOS traded Big Joe away for more options. If trading him would net Little, Trouba and Connor alone than the Pens should start looking as that would set them up nicely moving forward, and then the other team: :help:

Which is why players like Malkin are never traded. Look at what Thornton returned when the Bs traded him. Strum, Primeau and Stuart. Nowhere near enough to warrant trading Thornton when he was one of the best forwards in the NHL.

If we could get Malkin for that deal. ..I would try to do it. But I don't think we will and I don't think Pittsburgh would even entertain that. Hence why they are never traded.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
I caught a retweet from garret9 on Twitter that JVR's been offered for Trouba straight up.

If Trouba were to make it to TOR, you know they'd give him the stupid money his agent thinks he's worth.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I caught a retweet from garret9 on Twitter that JVR's been offered for Trouba straight up.

If Trouba were to make it to TOR, you know they'd give him the stupid money his agent thinks he's worth.

Apparently GMS don't think of ream needs either. Last thing we need is another winger

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Apparently GMS don't think of ream needs either. Last thing we need is another winger

Yup. Don't know why on earth they would even try that offer. Unless it's actually part of something involving Stafford.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

You forgot how Garret trashed the premise of the rumor... :laugh:

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I have a pretty high opinion of Fleury.

I'd likely do it.

What about Hellebuyck?

I'm far from a Fleury hater, but he hasn't looked great in years. Throw in that a team just won the cup without him, makes me question what he would look like on the Jets rather than the Pens.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
What about Hellebuyck?

I'm far from a Fleury hater, but he hasn't looked great in years. Throw in that a team just won the cup without him, makes me question what he would look like on the Jets rather than the Pens.

You may be right.

As for MAF not looking great for years... I'm not so sure. He certainly didn't look good for years in playoffs, but that is the very definition of small samples.

Hellebuyck... cheaper for sure, better, maybe. I hope so! If he's better than M.A.F., then the Jets are going places!

I just know that over the past few years when Fleury's contract was being denigrated, I was wishing for that problem on the Jets.

Has Fleury looked that bad for years? I'll look into the stats and get back to you...

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
M.A.F. has looked pretty good in recent years.

A save percentage of 92 and 92.1 in the past two years. He is 31, though, which I wouldn't have guessed.

For what it's worth, though, he has improved in terms of save percentage, over the past three years.

I'm still a fan, and I'm less convinced after doing my research.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
...not of my fandom, but of my position that Pav for M.A.F. would be a good deal.

I think it would be a good deal for us.

Unless M.A.F. has a full N.M.C.

Then, it's not so clear.

Last edited:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Man, could you imagine Leaf fans fighting each other over who is better on their own team between Trouba and Rielly. :help:

morphinecv

Feb 12, 2015
We'd end up losing Hellebuyck to expansion then.

If Fleury waives his NMC to come to Winnipeg, we can void it immediately and expose him. It might even be a good play because Las Vegas might have no better option (maybe Varlamov?) and you could even posit that he'd be very good trade fodder if he doesn't. But it 100% would not mean exposing Hellebuyck

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
If Fleury waives his NMC to come to Winnipeg, we can void it immediately and expose him. It might even be a good play because Las Vegas might have no better option (maybe Varlamov?) and you could even posit that he'd be very good trade fodder if he doesn't. But it 100% would not mean exposing Hellebuyck

I don't think that's how NMC work. It's not like if you waive it once it's gone. I know if it hasn't gone into effect yet...it's up to the team whether they honor it or not. But if it's already there...it's there.

So yeah. It would 75% mean exposing Hellebuyck.

morphinecv

Feb 12, 2015
I don't think that's how NMC work. It's not like if you waive it once it's gone. I know if it hasn't gone into effect yet...it's up to the team whether they honor it or not. But if it's already there...it's there.

So yeah. It would 75% mean exposing Hellebuyck.

I... poop. You're actually right. Dammit.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

That's not a legitimate source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad