Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
My uneducated guess would be that Maurice asked buff, Myers and trouba if they wanted to move over and they all said no. Trouba had the least seniority, so it was him when necessary.

I would be concerned if that actually happened. The coach needs to make the move that makes the team better. He probably tried all three at left, but Troubadour yielded the best results so it ended up being him.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I always thought Buff would be the best of the three RHD on the left side. He's so smart and has great skills. Interesting that Maurice shifted Trouba instead.

I can't recall anymore what game it was, but one of the nicest goal Buff scored was when he went in on the left side blue line. ( his offside)
Dragged the puck
Through his legs
Kicked the puck to his stick
Went wide on the Dman
Then went short side , almost a bank shot just above the goal line.

That goal I think tied or won it for the Jets that game as it was very late in the 3rd period already.

Digital Kid

Jun 5, 2015
Calgary
I can't recall anymore what game it was, but one of the nicest goal Buff scored was when he went in on the left side blue line. ( his offside)
Dragged the puck
Through his legs
Went wide on the Dman

That goal I think tied or won it for the Jets that game as it was very late in the 3rd period already.

That was a great goal. I believe it was the one where he did (but did not) put himself offside because you can't put yourself offside when carrying the puck?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I would be concerned if that actually happened. The coach needs to make the move that makes the team better. He probably tried all three at left, but Troubadour yielded the best results so it ended up being him.

Zone exit data. Trouba had a lot on his offside but I tried to point out that Stuart could be a cause for that.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Dragged the puck
Through his legs
Went wide on the Dman

That won the game against Calgary with about 2 minutes left in the game

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Dragged the puck
Through his legs
Went wide on the Dman

Last edited by a moderator:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
A peon in the Jets organization.

They told me that's why they chose Trouba over the other two options.

I just mentioned this to that peon. No idea if what I said left that conversation.

So they moved him to the left because he had a lot I zone entries on the left side? Seems to me like they know what Stuart is.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
They believed that Trouba would be more comfortable on the left side as he already was breaking out a lot on the left side, relative to Buff and Myers.

Obviously that is because of Stuart...but is that a conclusion that you agree with or is it faulty logic? To me that makes sense.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Had Edmonton offered Hall for Trouba should we have take it even though our need is D?

...ehhhhhh....

I honestly don't know. I don't think there is a situation where you turn down a deal for, at worst, a top ten winger in the NHL. But by doing that...you almost have to go all the way and trade one of our winger prospects for an equivalent LHD to Trouba. In essence, you would almost be forcing our window to win open now as opposed to 1 year from now when it is way better timing.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
I'm wondering if Vancouver would be interested in Stafford. They don't have the cap space, though. Would it be worth it for the Jets to take Burrows (only 1 year left on his contract, like Stafford) off of Vancouver, if the Canucks also sent the Jets a 2nd & a 3rd round draft pick?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
...ehhhhhh....

I honestly don't know. I don't think there is a situation where you turn down a deal for, at worst, a top ten winger in the NHL. But by doing that...you almost have to go all the way and trade one of our winger prospects for an equivalent LHD to Trouba. In essence, you would almost be forcing our window to win open now as opposed to 1 year from now when it is way better timing.

I would be shocked if Chia hadn't pitched Hall for Lindhom, Reilly, and Trouba just to name a few. If you are dangling Hall you have probably worked the hell out of the phone lines and exhausted every option before settling on Larsson.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I would be shocked if Chia hadn't pitched Hall for Lindhom, Reilly, and Trouba just to name a few. If you are dangling Hall you have probably worked the hell out of the phone lines and exhausted every option before settling on Larsson.

I expect that Chevy has gotten some very high value offers for Trouba. If he wasn't really planning on signing him you would think that he might have traded him.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I expect that Chevy has gotten some very high value offers for Trouba. If he wasn't really planning on signing him you would think that he might have traded him.
Yup, I expect that is still the plan...but it takes two to tango.
Let's see how willing Trouba is to dance with Chevy, for a fair price.

My own opinion has always been that Trouba, for a variety of reasons, is not nearly as emotionally committed to the Jets as Scheifele. He would be happy playing here for a lot of money, but happier playing elsewhere for even more money.

Unlike Frolik, however, his RFA status severely limits his options.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I always thought Buff would be the best of the three RHD on the left side. He's so smart and has great skills. Interesting that Maurice shifted Trouba instead.

Me too... Buff hasn't really ever struck me as a locked to his position guy. He is also way more valuable to us when he is possessing the puck or working outside of our blueline. For defensemen, I think that playing your natural side is most critical when you are in your own zone.

Always made me wonder.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

My own opinion has always been that Trouba, for a variety of reasons, is not nearly as emotionally committed to the Jets as Scheifele. He would be happy playing here for a lot of money, but happier playing elsewhere for even more money.

Scheifele is a pretty high standard in terms of commitment to the Jets. I doubt that many of the players are that committed. That's perhaps one reason to consider Scheifele for captain. Regardless, I think that commitment will depend a lot on whether the team stays in the doldrums or becomes a real contender. Players bond better with their teammates and their franchise if they are winning.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Well Chipman isn't as committed to the Jets as Scheif :laugh::laugh:

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
****, if the going rate on zibanejad and a 2nd is brassard and a 7th, i wonder what they would have given for a younger, better center in little?

schiefele-zibanejad is a great and young center core.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Little isn't younger...they are pretty well the same age.

I'm still stuck in early Jets 2.0 days, my apologies. The point still stands though, I think it would be fair to say that Little would get more or the same as Zibanejad and a 2nd which would be worth it in the long run.

Man, they grow up so fast. Wonder when Burmistrov is coming back from the KHL ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad