Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Yeah, I know how they get their info. Which only makes me less likely to go by General Fanager then glaring common sense.

Cap Friendly has Myers listed "Modified NTC--details unknown ", by the way.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Myers won't pass a physical before July 1st. The type of surgery he had on his hip is not the kind any doctor is going to sign off on until mobility is actually back to some semblance of normal.

If his NMC comes into effect July 1, the Jets just need to deal with that.

IMO, I don't think the Jets are really all that interest in moving him. They'll just set themselves up to protect 4 defenceman, or trade Enstrom for nothing to Detroit before the expansion draft.

There aren't any outward signs of Chevy being worried about the expansion draft. Like he would let any info out. :laugh:

If I was betting I would put my money on that clause having died but I don't knowfor certain. I think we see signs of managing for expansion in the off-season if expansion has been given the go ahead.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think it really matters what Myers' NMC status is since the Jets will likely be protecting him anyway. It just makes it easier to move him if that's what Chevy decides to do...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Myers won't pass a physical before July 1st. The type of surgery he had on his hip is not the kind any doctor is going to sign off on until mobility is actually back to some semblance of normal.

If his NMC comes into effect July 1, the Jets just need to deal with that.

IMO, I don't think the Jets are really all that interest in moving him. They'll just set themselves up to protect 4 defenceman, or trade Enstrom for nothing to Detroit before the expansion draft.

You can trade injured players. Receiving team jist needs to waive physical.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Lots of proposal for the 2nd overall pick 2016 in the main board.
Some good, many bad :)

Jets can pull the trigger in a couple of those trades but JETS need the type of PLAYER LAINE is projected to be.

GAMEBREAKER.

If the Jets had a game breaker in the duck series, that might be different series all together.

Jets need the knock out puncher and Laine is it, I think Laine also likes to be in that spot light. Him and Ehlers.

:)

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I really hope the Jets look into trying to get Ryan Strome. He had a down year but had 49 points last season. IMO, he's going to be a 70-point centre in his prime. I love the idea of Scheifele and Strome down the middle.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I really hope the Jets look into trying to get Ryan Strome. He had a down year but had 49 points last season. IMO, he's going to be a 70-point centre in his prime. I love the idea of Scheifele and Strome down the middle.

I didn't realize Strome was being shopped. Will probably cost a lot to acquire though.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Wonder if Jordan Staal will be available this summer?

He's already what the Jets hope Lowry turns into.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Wouldn't we have to bridge Scheifele and Trouba? Otherwise we'd be dangerously close to being a team in cap trouble.

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Don't think we're in a position where we want to make a move like that. Even though it would be exciting to add either of those players.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I didn't realize Strome was being shopped. Will probably cost a lot to acquire though.

I'm not sure if he actually is, but based on the Ryan Strome thread on the main board, it seems like they'd be willing to trade him for the right price.

To even get into the conversation, I'd think it'd start with Roslovic+Dano+1st

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm not sure if he actually is, but based on the Ryan Strome thread on the main board, it seems like they'd be willing to trade him for the right price.

That is way too much for Strome.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

There is zero chance Ryan Strome costs 3 x 1st round picks?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
There is zero chance Ryan Strome costs 3 x 1st round picks?

Sorry...was this a question or...

Anyways, it may be a bit much but I doubt it's all that far off. How much would you want for Scheifele? Now obviously Scheifele has been more productive but both players potential is still sky high and you have to pay through the nose for that.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Anyways, it may be a bit much but I doubt it's all that far off. How much would you want for Scheifele? Now obviously Scheifele has been more productive but both players potential is still sky high and you have to pay through the nose for that.

Strome is closer to Armia's career path than Scheifele's

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Except not. Strome just put up 50 pts this year with the Islanders...at 22. Armia put up 10 pts in 43 games giving him a pace of like 18 points over 82 games.

Not close at all lol.

Except He didn't do it his year and was even sent down to the AHL and has been up and down between the leagues. Nothing like Scheifele.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Is strome playing wing usually? He was drafted as a centre tho right? I wonder if he would be a good 3c who could replace little down the road.

Maybe offer Armia or Dano and a 2nd? Maybe the islanders do it if they think one of our young bottom 6 wingers fits better with their team then strome does

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

3 late 1sts for a 5th OA doesn't sound out of the question to me. I'm assuming the 1st in the suggestion is Chicago's. Not sure NYI would be interested in that direction though., as deep as they are and as strong as their prospect pool is.

What about Strome + Hamonic for Trouba + (what)? Maybe Dano? #22? Something else?

The Trouba Hamonic talk has always been lopsided in NYI's favour but a bigger deal could make it work.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
3 late 1sts for a 5th OA doesn't sound out of the question to me. I'm assuming the 1st in the suggestion is Chicago's. Not sure NYI would be interested in that direction though., as deep as they are and as strong as their prospect pool is.

What about Strome + Hamonic for Trouba + (what)? Maybe Dano? #22? Something else?

The Trouba Hamonic talk has always been lopsided in NYI's favour but a bigger deal could make it work.

At this point where he was drafted is pretty much irrelevant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad