Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Ohhh thanks Hunter

Yeah - doesn't sound like Chevy's style at all. Sounds like the furthest thing from Chevy's style actually

The rumour it was Chevy camp, not Chevy himself. Snow apparently believes someone from Chevy's office leaked it, not Chevy himself.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
IMO there is only so long Snow can dick around. My GUESS is that his window is between now and mid summer. Garth needed to get the playoff run out of Harmonic and that he did, now the clock is ticking. The thing is Chevy doesn't really need this deal so there is no reason to sell out.

Some key things have changed since this deal was warm:

Pulock has emerged as a decent RHD option for the Isles

Buff has been inked long term in Winnipeg

We traded Ladd (added 1st round pick & Dano and left more budget available)

We landed the second overall pick (Cost controlled top 6 asset frees up budget and assets to spare)

Myers has had major surgery to clean up existing injuries..

Trouba remains unsigned

Does Snow even need a RHD coming back any more now that the playoffs are done?

Season is over so its deal making time again soon.

How much leverage does Travis have in this negotiation?

So I think there has been allot of change and there is probably going to be a reboot on this "process". As a guy who didn't use to give a **** about this I am starting to think with Buff extended Harmonic becomes a really attractive option for us. I still wouldn't flip Trouba but I might add a bit to Myers. I think a stronger defender might be exactly what we need going forward now that we are adding so much firepower up front.

If I was Edmonton I would be bending over to make this happen. Travis is exactly the kind of asset they need and we know Chia and Snow like to make deals.

I have posted Myers with a small plus (3rd or 4th Rd pick) multi in the past, but now that Myers has had two significant surgeries and won't pass a physical in time for camp.....is really reasonable to think that NY gives up Travis for Myers during the summer? IMO I don't think so.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Would you guys take Nurse and 4th overall for Trouba?
A friend of mine that is an oilers fan mentioned that the oilers should try that.
I'm unsure if I would. It's basically Dubois and Nurse for Trouba.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
A friend of mine that is an oilers fan mentioned that the oilers should try that.

I'd probably pull the trigger. Have to think about it though.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

Nurse is pretty bad, but the 4th is pretty valuable. Maybe?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

This is a type of trade that is at least worth talking about.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

I'm not super high on Nurse but I still do that trade without a doubt. Makes our decision for expansion draft much easier, gets us a decent physical young LHD, and gets us Dubois as a heck of a nice throw in.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not super high on Nurse but I still do that trade without a doubt. Makes our decision for expansion draft much easier, gets us a decent physical young LHD, and gets us Dubois as a heck of a nice throw in.

If expansion goes ahead then I do that trade. Otherwise? Hard to decide so I guess that means it is getting into the neighbourhood. Nurse is only 21 and probably should be playing in the A for a while. But he is a big, physical, left shot D who has scored well in Junior. Plus Dubois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad