Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Yeah, adding centre depth like RNH would be nice, but oilers would have to retain salary on that contract. He just makes too much money. No way should he be paid more than Scheif or Little.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yeah, adding centre depth like RNH would be nice, but oilers would have to retain salary on that contract. He just makes too much money. No way should he be paid more than Scheif or Little.

Send the Oilers Stafford back and flip RNH

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Don't want RNH is way over paid. Would trade Myers for Oilers 4 overall, and no adds, he is on a great contract and would become their best defencman. Sad.

I would do that but we would have to add. Myers doesn't get #4 straight up.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
inconceivable.jpg

:D

9d488c4dd6b949416c85906c5bd7a4c3d3163632d5606a6a068e487c0f3a2d73.jpg

THSWinnipeg

May 5, 2016
I've been hoping that the Isles drop out of these playoffs since they started. I'm hoping that Snow and Chevy can come together and get a deal done to let Hamonic come home. I'll go pick him up if he needs a lift.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I've been hoping that the Isles drop out of these playoffs since they started. I'm hoping that Snow and Chevy can come together and get a deal done to let Hamonic come home. I'll go pick him up if he needs a lift.

:laugh: It is certainly an exciting though. A more defensive type RHD would balance out Trouba & Buff nicely

According the Isles fans the Jets brass can't be trusted to keep a secret and Snow won't be dealing with Chevy ever :laugh:

:laugh: what?? They need to understand its a process with us

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Even if the "can't keep a secret" was true, which we all know is not. GM's don't last very long by holding grudges that way. They do what's best for their teams period.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Even if the "can't keep a secret" was true, which we all know is not. GM's don't last very long by holding grudges that way. They do what's best for their teams period.

Read an interesting take on that a few years ago (from Friedman, I think?)... long story short, 2 GMs having a grudge happens more than you think. Generally, they just get their assistant GMs to make a deal in that case :D

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ohhh thanks Hunter

Yeah - doesn't sound like Chevy's style at all. Sounds like the furthest thing from Chevy's style actually

If you asked Chevy what day of the week it was he would talk for 10 minutes and you still wouldn't have had your question answered. :laugh: He isn't going to tell anyone anything about hockey related business - ever.

THSWinnipeg

May 5, 2016
Not every day that someone WANTS to be traded to Winnipeg. I'd have a hard time keeping that under my hat too.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
If you asked Chevy what day of the week it was he would talk for 10 minutes and you still wouldn't have had your question answered. :laugh: He isn't going to tell anyone anything about hockey related business - ever.

:laugh:

Kevin-Cheveldayoff-1-on-1-300x168.jpg

"What's the time Chevy?"

"Well, certainly that's a fascinating question because we need to remind ourselves of the process and prognosticate about the details. The biggest thing for us is to remember how we get there. We get there by earning the opportunity to get there, by looking back at the time the last time we looked at the time. It isn't coming through the back door. It isn't getting lucky. There is going to be a little bit of a feeling out period. But we need to be sure that we follow the process and make the right decision."

"Ok....ok.....Could you give me a hint, perhaps on the 24 hour clock or perhaps a different time zone?"

"Well we like to keep these dealings private as they should be. That professional aspect is important to us and our organization. However what I can disclose is that it may or may not be afternoon depending on which side of Greenwich you are on. I cannot reveal specifics at this time but perhaps at a later date when it is appropriate to do so"

"So...um...Its just that I forgot my watch at home..."

"That is what training camp is for. Siting here last year at this point in time, it seemed like we had a tough call to make on what the time may or may not be. However we look at the players that have made their way onto our roster and climbed their way up the depth chart. Our young players that made an impact. That is what the process is for the Jets. For us is giving those young kids an opportunity to spred their wings and grow. For us that is how we are going to have to grow as a franchise. That is how we know the time."

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
:laugh:

Kevin-Cheveldayoff-1-on-1-300x168.jpg

"What's the time Chevy?"

"Well, certainly that's a fascinating question because we need to remind ourselves of the process and prognosticate about the details. The biggest thing for us is to remember how we get there. We get there by earning the opportunity to get there, by looking back at the time the last time we looked at the time. It isn't coming through the back door. It isn't getting lucky. There is going to be a little bit of a feeling out period. But we need to be sure that we follow the process and make the right decision."

"Ok....ok.....Could you give me a hint, perhaps on the 24 hour clock or perhaps a different time zone?"

"Well we like to keep these dealings private as they should be. That professional aspect is important to us and our organization. However what I can disclose is that it may or may not be afternoon depending on which side of Greenwich you are on. I cannot reveal specifics at this time but perhaps at a later date when it is appropriate to do so"

"So...um...Its just that I forgot my watch at home..."

"That is what training camp is for. Siting here last year at this point in time, it seemed like we had a tough call to make on what the time may or may not be. However we look at the players that have made their way onto our roster and climbed their way up the depth chart. Our young players that made an impact. That is what the process is for the Jets. For us is giving those young kids an opportunity to spred their wings and grow. For us that is how we are going to have to grow as a franchise. That is how we know the time."

:handclap: :)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
IMO there is only so long Snow can dick around. My GUESS is that his window is between now and mid summer. Garth needed to get the playoff run out of Harmonic and that he did, now the clock is ticking. The thing is Chevy doesn't really need this deal so there is no reason to sell out.

Some key things have changed since this deal was warm:

Pulock has emerged as a decent RHD option for the Isles

Buff has been inked long term in Winnipeg

We traded Ladd (added 1st round pick & Dano and left more budget available)

We landed the second overall pick (Cost controlled top 6 asset frees up budget and assets to spare)

Myers has had major surgery to clean up existing injuries..

Trouba remains unsigned

Does Snow even need a RHD coming back any more now that the playoffs are done?

Season is over so its deal making time again soon.

How much leverage does Travis have in this negotiation?

So I think there has been allot of change and there is probably going to be a reboot on this "process". As a guy who didn't use to give a **** about this I am starting to think with Buff extended Harmonic becomes a really attractive option for us. I still wouldn't flip Trouba but I might add a bit to Myers. I think a stronger defender might be exactly what we need going forward now that we are adding so much firepower up front.

If I was Edmonton I would be bending over to make this happen. Travis is exactly the kind of asset they need and we know Chia and Snow like to make deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad