Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

papasan

Dec 24, 2013
Winnipeg
I like RJ. I think he is in need of a new team personally. But I had posted this trade on page 29 and got shot down for the suggestion, but who am I. Just a season ticket holder looking to improve OUR TEAM like everyone else.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I like RJ. I think he is in need of a new team personally. But I had posted this trade on page 29 and got shot down for the suggestion, but who am I. Just a season ticket holder looking to improve OUR TEAM like everyone else.

"shot down" is one way of putting it... :laugh: Or you could just say people disagreed with you?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
To reach 98 pts we need to go 32-15-4. Can it be done? Yes. It is not impossible. Have you seen anything in this team's play this season to make you think it is a reasonable expectation? Maybe we only need 96 points so 31-16-4. I doubt that happens either. This team can't hold a 3-1 lead playing at home with the saviour in net. They can't stay out of the box and they can't kill penalties. Until they fix at least 1 of those 2 things nothing else matters much. And another thing, when was the last time they pulled the goalie and scored? I really can't remember. At least they didn't give up the empty netter last night. Progress! Yay! :sarcasm:
How about 26-16-9?

Playoffs are definitely a long shot. My biggest concern isn't playoffs though. It is still Byfuglien and Ladd.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

For a second I thought you meant Umberger :laugh:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I hope they are still looking at Hamonic. They need better defensive players, Imo.

Hope they don't trade either of Myers (good contract) or Trouba (young homegrown player) to get him, but if I had to give up one its Myers.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I hope they are still looking at Hamonic. They need better defensive players, Imo.

Hope they don't trade either of Myers (good contract) or Trouba (young homegrown player) to get him, but if I had to give up one its Myers.

It is a lateral move which still does not address the log jam on that side of the ice.
If he was a LD, then I think this would have already been put to bed.

TNSE is not looking to pick up a RD, but they are looking to move theirs, to here, as per the players request.

Chevy is driving the bus on this one, and Snow thinks he can make all the demands.

1308067328_turkey_chasing_bus.gif

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Is a RyJo trade imminent?

Is RyJo the next Seguin? Is he lazy, or does he just want out of Columbus, especially with Torts as coach?

If he's a true big #1C, the Jets have to consider it.

Myers and Roslovic for RyJo? (Roslovic is a "hometown boy" for the Jackets, which might appeal for marketing, etc.).

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
RyJo's cap hit is $4M. But salary is $3M this season and $6M next. To keep his RFA rights after next season he needs to receive a QO of $6M, which he could just accept and he would be on a 1yr deal becoming a UFA. This would be a real risk/ reward move.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
On the plus side a move from Columbus to Winnipeg is kind of a lateral thing, so we're not quite fighting the "nobody wants to play there" as much as usual. :laugh:

I like him as a player. I suspect that Torts wants him out, he seems to get that way with specific players. Has anyone ever worked their way out of Torts' doghouse?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
RyJo's cap hit is $4M. But salary is $3M this season and $6M next. To keep his RFA rights after next season he needs to receive a QO of $6M, which he could just accept and he would be on a 1yr deal becoming a UFA. This would be a real risk/ reward move.

Obviously, you would need to be confident that you could lock him up long-term. I doubt the Jets make a move like this without having an opportunity to talk with his agent about a long-term contract.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Obviously, you would need to be confident that you could lock him up long-term. I doubt the Jets make a move like this without having an opportunity to talk with his agent about a long-term contract.

Can't until July 1.

papasan

Dec 24, 2013
Winnipeg
Sorry for the choice of wording BigTuna, wife always tells me to reread before I enter. In post #719 you said you would pass on RJ, are you now thinking he could help us?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Can't sign anything, but is there a rule against having discussions?

In order for another team to talk to RyJo about a contract, the Jackets have to grant permission otherwise it's called tampering. How can they grant permission for something that is prohibited by the CBA?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Sorry for the choice of wording BigTuna, wife always tells me to reread before I enter. In post #719 you said you would pass on RJ, are you now thinking he could help us?

I could use that advice at times too. :laugh:

Well, let's just say that maybe I have changed my position. But I guess it depends on the "issues" with RyJo. Work ethic, I think this organization can get that out of him. But otherwise I don't know. Aavco made a good point about potential salary and cap issues he could bring.

I wouldn't be opposed to a trade for him, but I don't expect the Jets to pull the trigger. But if they aren't in on RyJo, they better be looking to make a move somewhere down the line this year. Team needs a change.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Doesn't a QO just have to be at least as much as the previous season's salary - so the team owning his RFA rights could offer him a 6 x $6M deal and that would work as well as a 1 x $6M deal?

Anyway, the RJ situation seems a bit risky to me. A few character and contract red flags with him. And if you're getting bad press for character as a Columbus Blue Jacket, just wait until you get into our friendly fishbowl, where every Instagram post by your girlfriend is subjected to a Royal Commission on Whether Player X Likes Winnipeg or Not.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Doesn't a QO just have to be at least as much as the previous season's salary - so the team owning his RFA rights could offer him a 6 x $6M deal and that would work as well as a 1 x $6M deal?

Anyway, the RJ situation seems a bit risky to me. A few character and contract red flags with him. And if you're getting bad press for character as a Columbus Blue Jacket, just wait until you get into our friendly fishbowl, where every Instagram post by your girlfriend is subjected to a Royal Commission on Whether Player X Likes Winnipeg or Not.

A QO is a one year offer. And yes the team has a whole year to negotiate an extension. It would certainly have to be $6M+ AAV though.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I could use that advice at times too. :laugh:

Well, let's just say that maybe I have changed my position. But I guess it depends on the "issues" with RyJo. Work ethic, I think this organization can get that out of him. But otherwise I don't know. Aavco made a good point about potential salary and cap issues he could bring.

I wouldn't be opposed to a trade for him, but I don't expect the Jets to pull the trigger. But if they aren't in on RyJo, they better be looking to make a move somewhere down the line this year. Team needs a change.

Team needs to deal with Ladd and Buff, whatever that entails. Chevy has let this go on too long and it seems to be affecting the team. Combined with losing 2 quality players for nothing in the off season having 2 of your top players in limbo is a recipe for disaster.

At this stage of the season players are waiting for a hammer to drop.

Sending Lowry down is one of the symptoms not part of the solution.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
In order for another team to talk to RyJo about a contract, the Jackets have to grant permission otherwise it's called tampering. How can they grant permission for something that is prohibited by the CBA?

What exactly is prohibited in the CBA? Signing a contract or negotiating a contract, or both? I can't imagine that teams don't start discussions with players and agents before the final year, but maybe I'm not familiar with the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad