Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It would be an absolute nightmare against quick lines. They would get chewed up. Myers is good with a quick D like Enstrom.

They would most definately not get chewed up. They both defend extremely well against the quicker lines. I would suggest that this statement is off by 180 degrees.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
It would be an absolute nightmare against quick lines. They would get chewed up. Myers is good with a quick D like Enstrom.

I don't much like the idea of Myers and Chara as a regular pairing either, although it would work on the PK against most teams.

The idea of Chara and Trouba on the other hand? Sign me up.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
So Buff for Marchand and Chara? :sarcasm: Could you imagine pairing Myers and Chara together?

Love that in theory.....but cap hit might be ugly on Chara. Chara has this year at 7 mil, next at 5 mil and last one at 4 mil. Not sure if the math works or the asking price on both players.....assuming neither are seiously hurt. Love both players though. Brad only has two years left on a decent contract.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Chara is a long, long, long ways from *Chara* of old.

Without doubt he isn't the dominate player he used to be.....but I think he can still be a good player under the right situation and when used properly.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Love that in theory.....but cap hit might be ugly on Chara. Chara has this year at 7 mil, next at 5 mil and last one at 4 mil. Not sure if the math works or the asking price on both players.....assuming neither are seiously hurt. Love both players though. Brad only has two years left on a decent contract.

I don't like that at all. Marchand is out with a concussion and has Chara even played a game this season?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Chara is a bit of a band-aid these days and I don't think he has much if any left in the tank. Marchand wouldn't be bad but isn't really a need for us.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Chara is a long, long, long ways from *Chara* of old.

Honest question, where does he stand in relation to elite and second tier defencemen in advanced stats over the last two seasons?

I don't have access to the same stats as you, but from what I can see he has consistently had the most difficult usage stats on the Bruins defence and has some of the best possession stats.

What I've seen from Chara seems to indicate he isn't a 'no worry' #1 defenceman any more in the sense that you can just match him against any first line in the league regardless of partner. But with the right partner he matches up really well against most top lines and is a dominant PKer.

The problem with Chara is that the Bruins have no choice but to use him against every top line, regardless of match up or who Chara's partner is. The other problem with Chara on the Bruins is that other teams get to key on him.

IMO Chara is definitely still a 1st pairing defenceman and he may even be a serviceable #1 defenceman a lot of nights. What he isn't, anymore, is a #1 defenceman that can make a defence corp with a couple of competent #3's and bottom pairing defencemen a contender.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If it was any sane GM I would agree, but with Sweeney...you never know.

My guess is we would be on the no trade list for Bergy but I don't want to be a Buzz kill. dare to dream of:

Ladd Bergy Little

:amazed:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Chara cap hit is actually

15/16 $6.9M
16/17 $6.9M
17/18 $4M (41 yr old season)

His cap hit drops to the actual salary for the final year of his deal because of his age.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Personally have 0 interest in Chara. Especially not trading a good asset to get him. The combination of his contract and his play is terrible.

The responses on New Jersey thread on the trade board are ridiculous IMO. We have one of the best young goalies who is either ready at some point this year, or next year at the latest in Hellebucyk, but we're going to trade him away, AND add high end pieces like Ehlers, Connor, etc? Not a chance IMO.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What? I had never heard of that exception.

Blame Kovulchuk

for purposes of salary-cap calculation the contract will effectively be cut off in the year of the contract in which the player turns 41.

This basically means that if a 33-year-old player signs an eight-year contract, the amount owed to him in the first seven years of the contract will be averaged for the purposes of salary-cap computation. Then, in Year 8 of the contract, the salary he will make for that particular season will determine his salary-cap hit for that season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=536524

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Personally have 0 interest in Chara. Especially not trading a good asset to get him. The combination of his contract and his play is terrible.

The responses on New Jersey thread on the trade board are ridiculous IMO. We have one of the best young goalies who is either ready at some point this year, or next year at the latest in Hellebucyk, but we're going to trade him away, AND add high end pieces like Ehlers, Connor, etc? Not a chance IMO.

I know right? A goalie has never been traded for that much...why is it going to start now?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Blame Kovulchuk

for purposes of salary-cap calculation the contract will effectively be cut off in the year of the contract in which the player turns 41.

This basically means that if a 33-year-old player signs an eight-year contract, the amount owed to him in the first seven years of the contract will be averaged for the purposes of salary-cap computation. Then, in Year 8 of the contract, the salary he will make for that particular season will determine his salary-cap hit for that season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=536524

Crazy, that's news to me. Thanks for the quick lesson!

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I know right? A goalie has never been traded for that much...why is it going to start now?

They're just ******** that their team is going to stink again this year and people are trying to pry one of their only good players away. Their offers were quite unrealistic though, no goalie is going to fetch that demand (which I think was their intention anyways).

Edit: lol at the word filter.... guess HF isn't a fan of Workaholics.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Rumour is Chevy is in Philly ? 3 front office executives apparently

Seems weird with Moose and Jets both at home no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad