Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
:jets

Mark Stuart
Chris Thorburn

:edmonton
Taylor Hall

Oilers get a couple locker room heroes and on ice warriors to help calm the rowdy children and protect them, Jets get one of the problem children back.

Might be a little too generous here, but thoughts?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Mark Stuart
Chris Thorburn

Taylor Hall

Oilers get a couple locker room heroes and on ice warriors to help calm the rowdy children and protect them, Jets get one of the problem children back.

Good job. Definitely worth a chuckle :laugh:

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Mark Stuart
Chris Thorburn

Taylor Hall

Oilers need to add. That kind of leadership is very hard to find.

I'd suggest them adding RNH, or that McDavid guy. :naughty:

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Oilers need to add. That kind of leadership is very hard to find.

I'd suggest them adding RNH, or that McDavid guy. :naughty:

McDavid is unproven though probably not worth a whole lot, but I guess they can throw him on there. :D

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Goddammit, why Hall? We have an abundance of forward prospects. Yes, most of them are either C, or can play C, but it's way easier to move to W than vice versa. Why would we target a high scoring winger?

Why not try to trade for John Carlson while we're at it? He'd probably command an overpayment, and he's not someone we exactly need, but he'd probably be our best player on that position for a while.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Goddammit, why Hall? We have an abundance of forward prospects. Yes, most of them are either C, or can play C, but it's way easier to move to W than vice versa. Why would we target a high scoring winger?

Why not try to trade for John Carlson while we're at it? He'd probably command an overpayment, and he's not someone we exactly need, but he'd probably be our best player on that position for a while.

I dunno about the rest, but mainly to get a reaction out of you.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Taylor Hall is not a guy I want on the Jets at ALL. If he came super cheap, maybe. He is guy that plays the entire game with his head down. It's no coincidence he averages nearly 20 games missed per season. Not too mention he is not a very smart player. Very talented, but not the guy you want leading anyone. That's not even getting into the off-ice stuff. There's a reason he's "led" the team to the bottom of the standings for 5 straight years.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Taylor Hall is not a guy I want on the Jets at ALL. If he came super cheap, maybe. He is guy that plays the entire game with his head down. It's no coincidence he averages nearly 20 games missed per season. Not too mention he is not a very smart player. Very talented, but not the guy you want leading anyone. That's not even getting into the off-ice stuff. There's a reason he's "led" the team to the bottom of the standings for 5 straight years.

So what if we threw in Peluso :sarcasm:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Two true facts about Taylor Hall:

1) He failed his boating exam multiple times. It's an open book test.
2) He never had a banana until recently.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Oilers need D. He'd be loved there.

...and this center stack isn't practical...
McDavid
RNH
Draisaitl

That trade is my happy place until it doesn't happen.

Buff's NTC might prevent a direct trade. Also, the Oilers might be looking for a younger option than Buff. I think Buff gets moved to a contender, if at all. If they get the right pieces back they could make a move for Draisaitl.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I want Draisaitl, and a 1st for Byfuglien.

A few times of thought of a Drai for Buff trade. But I think Oiler fans would consider adding a 1st as way too much. And you can't really blame since their first is usually the lottery pick or at least a top 5. If we started with Drai for an unsigned Buff is that fair? If not what is a fair add? At minimum I'd think the Oilers would want lottery or even top 5 protection on the pick...also some sort of hedge on Buff not extending with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille