Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Also, why would Philly accept a trade that includes an LHD (Morrissey)? Have you seen their pipeline? I echo Whileee's comments; the only good player for us in that trade is Wayne Simmonds.

I can't see the Jets being willing to give up on Morrissey at this point. You remove him from our defensman prospect pool it starts becoming very light. And they have little need for a LHD prospect as you pointed out. Also any deal with Buff moving for a forward, likely sends Petan down to the Moose.

Saying that, I wonder if B. Schenn is in play. Based on Maurices comments I don't think the Jets would ever be worried about having too many centers.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Also, why would Philly accept a trade that includes an LHD (Morrissey)? Have you seen their pipeline? I echo Whileee's comments; the only good player for us in that trade is Wayne Simmonds.

If anything happens and prospects are involved to balance a trade, it would make the most sense if a forward prospect went to Philly and a D prospect came the other way.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
iirc, Braden Schenn is a horrible 5v5 scorer. I think he is way over rated. I'd be fine with Matt Read and prospects/picks for Buff (and salary retained, if necessary)

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
To Phi-
Dustin Byfuglien
Alex Burmistrov
Jack Roslovic

To Wpg-
Brayden Schenn
Luke Schenn
Travis Sanheim

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Here we go!
Wpg. Jets Trade
Joel Armia (RW),
Dustin Byfuglien (RD),
Josh Morrissey (LD),
2016 2nd

to
Phil. Flyers for
Wayne Simmonds (RW),
Michael Raffl (LW),
Luke Schenn (LD)

Wow, personally I think the Jets get screwed in that trade. Schenn and Raffl are basically worth next to nothing. So the Jets are moving all of that for Simmonds, which would be beyond terrible IMO.

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
To Phi-
Dustin Byfuglien
Alex Burmistrov
Jack Roslovic

To Wpg-
Brayden Schenn
Luke Schenn
Travis Sanheim

Considering Luke Schenn is basically worth nothing, personally I think this is terrible for the Jets. And I really like Sanheim.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
To Phi-
Dustin Byfuglien
Alex Burmistrov
Jack Roslovic

To Wpg-
Brayden Schenn
Luke Schenn
Travis Sanheim

If Byfuglien is traded, I cannot see it being done till the trade deadline. With that in mind, I cannot see the Flyers being in contention for the playoffs at such point, and barring an extension I don't see why Philadelphia wouldn't just wait for Byfuglien till the offseason.

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
To Phi-
Dustin Byfuglien
Alex Burmistrov
Jack Roslovic

To Wpg-
Brayden Schenn
Luke Schenn
Travis Sanheim

Yuck!! The Jets can do better. IMO, Buff alone, can garner more valuable pieces. It may not be established players (the Schenn brothers), but higher potential assets. Luke & Brayden suck. I'd rather take Sanheim and picks, or more prospects.

Why do the Jets add two more assets to that deal?

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Here we go!
Wpg. Jets Trade
Joel Armia (RW),
Dustin Byfuglien (RD),
Josh Morrissey (LD),
2016 2nd

to
Phil. Flyers for
Wayne Simmonds (RW),
Michael Raffl (LW),
Luke Schenn (LD)

That's pretty terrible for the Jets.

Luke Schenn was nearly waived, he's just not very good. Raffl is a decent bottom 6er, but nothing special and then there's Simmonds. You could potentially get more for Byfuglien straight up than Simmonds and even if Simmonds was worth a hair more the difference is nowhere near as much as what we're giving, especially when part of it is our only really good defensive prospect in Morrissey.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Is it even remotely possible TBL is considering trading SS?

Buff
Ladd
Lemieux
Morrissey

for

Stamkos

? ;)

Of course then we'd have to sign him

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Is it even remotely possible TBL is considering trading SS?

Buff
Ladd
Lemieux
Morrissey

for

Stamkos

? ;)

Of course then we'd have to sign him

don't think that would get Stamkos, besides we would have to sign him but also they would need to sign Buff and Ladd, wouldn't work.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
don't think that would get Stamkos, besides we would have to sign him but also they would need to sign Buff and Ladd, wouldn't work.

Yes, too much non defined money there, but speculation seems to heating up re: Stamkos. If he really intends to go UFA, Tampa has to do something.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I cannot think of anything that sticks out to me in a trade with Philly.

...maybe they were scouting Chicago.

Chicago is very much in "now" mode and could really use a top-end RD. Buff would be very attractive to them.

Cap doesn't work, so the Jets would need to take back salary in the short term.

Jets should look at...

Good roster player
Prospect
Pick
Cap dump

To Chi:
Byfuglien

To Wpg:
Anisimov
Pokka
2017 1st round pick
Bickell

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
It just seems a bit odd. How do their needs match up to what we have? How do our needs match up to what they have? Apparently they've wanted to move B. Schenn for a while and we have shown interest, but why now? We have 10 top 9 forwards. Do we want him as our 4th line C or do we bump Lowry down? Don't forget B. Schenn just had a 47 pt season. Why not give Copp some home games so he can be sheltered a bit?

I don't see Philly making a big push for anything at this point. They also have cap issues. They're not going to go after Buff with 670k in cap space and a year left on his contract.

I don't see goalies working anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad