Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I think we'd have to add to obtain that first to replace ours. Thor might help put that offer over the top. ;)

latest

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
What do you guys think of offersheeting Huberdeau from Florida? We could move Ladd/Buff for a first, and use ours as compensation to Florida.
I don't see us offer-sheeting anybody. We'll also be facing a cap crunch in the next couple of years. If we re-sign Ladd and Buff, we'll also be looking at Trouba and Scheifele's 2nd contracts coming up. Howasbout trading Buff and another piece for Huberdeau? That would be a lot less hostile.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't see us offer-sheeting anybody. We'll also be facing a cap crunch in the next couple of years. If we re-sign Ladd and Buff, we'll also be looking at Trouba and Scheifele's 2nd contracts coming up. Howasbout trading Buff and another piece for Huberdeau? That would be a lot less hostile.

Making a splash for Ekblad would be smarter, but more expensive. Barrie connections and such.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@MarkDivver: Word is @BrownMensHockey associate head coach Mark White has taken a job as a scout for @NHLJets

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
We lost a former U.S. / NCAA scout I believe, would make sense for sure.

@MarkDivver: A big part of Mark White's #NHLJets duties expected to be scouting NCAA free agents, not just in the East but across the country.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
That's a bit of a head scratcher, he's legit at the AHL level.. You'd have to think there woild be another org that would give him a tryout with less professional goaltending depth.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
This is the guy who knocked his own net off on a 2-0 last year isn't it? I like him.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
An extra goalie body at TC is never a bad thing. Would love to see some of those NHL UFAs attend TC on a PTO. If they outperform the rookies, then sign them and let the rookies develop elsewhere.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
An extra goalie body at TC is never a bad thing. Would love to see some of those NHL UFAs attend TC on a PTO. If they outperform the rookies, then sign them and let the rookies develop elsewhere.

I wonder if...

This means Hellebuyck and someone like Leggio play on the AHL while Comrie logs big minutes in the ECHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia