Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Interesting blog here: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaeckel/Seismic-Rumblings-AKA-Kinda-Big-Rumors/128/70565

Especially this from it: Meanwhile, talks happen regularly between the Hawks and the Jets, and I am hearing there is interest in perhaps putting together a significant deal there, possibly involving Corey Crawford, Ondrej Pavelec and a top (I mean top) Jet prospect.

Based on the Hawks' goalie prospects (not much there), I'm guessing the top prospect referred to above is Hellebuyck.

I've heard that rumour before, I highly doubt it. I'm no fan of Crawford, he plays in front of a elite team for years and yet often looks shaky. Plus he has a very big contract......5 more years at a big cap hit.....can't see it happening b/c his contract alone never mind any of reasons.

Plz Chevy nooooooo

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Interesting blog here: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaeckel/Seismic-Rumblings-AKA-Kinda-Big-Rumors/128/70565

Especially this from it: Meanwhile, talks happen regularly between the Hawks and the Jets, and I am hearing there is interest in perhaps putting together a significant deal there, possibly involving Corey Crawford, Ondrej Pavelec and a top (I mean top) Jet prospect.

Based on the Hawks' goalie prospects (not much there), I'm guessing the top prospect referred to above is Hellebuyck.

That article is a bit of a mess. The reporter also writes that the Hawks are probably done with P. Kane due to his off-ice issues and then says that there are 29 other teams that would line up for him (assuming his off-ice issues are behind him). Pretty nonsensical, all things considered.

I can't imagine the Jets giving up a top prospect for Crawford until they know what they've got in Hellebuyck and Comrie. Chevy has shown a lot of patience thus far, so I doubt he'll cave in on his "draft and develop" strategy just yet.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I still don't understand why this site censors links to unofficial, unverified rumour sites yet lets Eklund and Hockeybuzz through. Both are trash sources and should be taken with a pillar of salt.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Interesting blog here:

My eyes would turn yellow and I would spit blood if Chevy made that trade.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Hellebuyck should be going no where. In Winnpeg, either with Jets or Moose.

Looking to be the Moose, at least to start.

Not sure why we'd want to take on the Crawford contract. And give the Hawks some cap relief, as well.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
My eyes would turn yellow and I would spit blood if Chevy made that trade.

Somebody else (Chicago fan) thought it would be Ehlers. Ridiculous rumour from the start. Even though Pav was taken off our hands it favoured Chicago massively. Just wishful thinking from Chi.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Somebody else (Chicago fan) thought it would be Ehlers. Ridiculous rumour from the start. Even though Pav was taken off our hands it favoured Chicago massively. Just wishful thinking from Chi.

Pavelec's contract is done in two year's time so there wouldn't be any need to go out and deal prospects in order to offload it. Plus n this case we'd just take on more with Crawford anyway.

Overall it makes absolutely no sense.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
I wouldn't be very happy if this Crawford rumour came about, either. However, I think I read elsewhere on this forum about rumblings that Ladd wants to be on a "Now" team. Crawford is a "Now" goalie, as compared to what the Jets currently have - a placeholder (Pavs) and a couple of futures, with no guarantee for any of those futures.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wouldn't be very happy if this Crawford rumour came about, either. However, I think I read elsewhere on this forum about rumblings that Ladd wants to be on a "Now" team. Crawford is a "Now" goalie, as compared to what the Jets currently have - a placeholder (Pavs) and a couple of futures, with no guarantee for any of those futures.

If that was the rationale behind this I would much rather trade Ladd to his 'now' team. And I don't want to trade Ladd.

That reported Chicago rumour lead to ridiculous speculation. If Chicago wanted to send us Crawford for Pav and a goaltending prospect not named Hellebuyck or Comrie it would be worth thinking about. I might even consider Comrie. Maybe. But Helle is out. Period.

I think Crawford tends to be a little underrated but 5 years at 6mil cap hit is not to be taken lightly. If we were going into this season with the roster we have and Crawford in goal ....... Man that would sure change the Step back/Step forward pole! And it isn't even supposed to include goaltending. :laugh:

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
If that was the rationale behind this I would much rather trade Ladd to his 'now' team. And I don't want to trade Ladd.

That reported Chicago rumour lead to ridiculous speculation. If Chicago wanted to send us Crawford for Pav and a goaltending prospect not named Hellebuyck or Comrie it would be worth thinking about. I might even consider Comrie. Maybe. But Helle is out. Period.

I think Crawford tends to be a little underrated but 5 years at 6mil cap hit is not to be taken lightly. If we were going into this season with the roster we have and Crawford in goal ....... Man that would sure change the Step back/Step forward pole! And it isn't even supposed to include goaltending. :laugh:

You would trade for Crawford? He's an obvious improvement over Pav but with his big and long contract and having to include a top prospect or Comrie I'd say no.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You would trade for Crawford? He's an obvious improvement over Pav but with his big and long contract and having to include a top prospect or Comrie I'd say no.

That's not what I said. That's what the original stupid rumour said and then people decided the prospect had to be Hellebuyck or Ehlers.

I said Pav and a goalie prospect not named Hellebuyck or Comrie. That means Hutch or Phillips. Then I said I MIGHT think about including Comrie.

If we had Crawford/Hutch in goal this year there isn't any talk about hoping Hutch can take over. He is the backup, pure and simple. There isn't any talk of a bubble team either. We can assume POs barring something like Columbus's injuries of last year. We are probably still 1 year removed from being true contenders to give this years crop of rookies time to adjust. But that is all, 1 year, real contenders. Of course that would require retaining Ladd & Buff for that year after this one and our rookie crop would have to succeed but the potential is right there. Easily worth Pav + Comrie, TBH. Not sure why Chicago would do that because they stop being contenders until if and when Comrie arrives as a true #1. No way Toews can drag Pav into the SCF.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Not really - that blog is complete trash, IMHO.

I still don't understand why this site censors links to unofficial, unverified rumour sites yet lets Eklund and Hockeybuzz through. Both are trash sources and should be taken with a pillar of salt.

And at the bottom of the article is a suggestion that people subscribe to an illegal streaming site.:rant:

The 64, errr, uhmmm, $10.5 million question is Kane's situation. If charges are laid, I assume that the NHL would follow the Voynov precedent, and allow an extra $10.5 million pseudo-LTIR salary space. So Chicago would not be strapped for cap space. They might, however they would be looking for a winger. I hear that Byfuglien used to play wing for the Hawks :naughty: But seriously, they'd probably go for anybody on our top 6.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
And at the bottom of the article is a suggestion that people subscribe to an illegal streaming site.:rant:

If you're like me and live in another province and can't get Jet's TV or don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the NHL network, that website is actually really great! Allows me to watch Jet's games at work :yo:

Hope we get some news here soon on Ladd and Buff. Would love to have both resigned. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
That's not what I said. That's what the original stupid rumour said and then people decided the prospect had to be Hellebuyck or Ehlers.

I said Pav and a goalie prospect not named Hellebuyck or Comrie. That means Hutch or Phillips. Then I said I MIGHT think about including Comrie.

If we had Crawford/Hutch in goal this year there isn't any talk about hoping Hutch can take over. He is the backup, pure and simple. There isn't any talk of a bubble team either. We can assume POs barring something like Columbus's injuries of last year. We are probably still 1 year removed from being true contenders to give this years crop of rookies time to adjust. But that is all, 1 year, real contenders. Of course that would require retaining Ladd & Buff for that year after this one and our rookie crop would have to succeed but the potential is right there. Easily worth Pav + Comrie, TBH. Not sure why Chicago would do that because they stop being contenders until if and when Comrie arrives as a true #1. No way Toews can drag Pav into the SCF.

Didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Sorry about that. I don't doubt that adding Crawford makes us better now but does it make us better when all are prospects are ready. And with Crawfords contract can we keep Ladd and Buff plus all our prospects.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Sorry about that. I don't doubt that adding Crawford makes us better now but does it make us better when all are prospects are ready. And with Crawfords contract can we keep Ladd and Buff plus all our prospects.

Cap management could get difficult, no doubt. Its only 2 mil more than Pav. Might rethink what we need in return for Buff. All hypothetical anyway. No way Chicago is doing that deal anyway.

DK59

Nov 18, 2012

Not to mention that we would also be blocking Hellybuick from taking over as our starter in the next year or so. I am quite certain that what the Jets want right now is a place holder in goal until Hellybuick takes the job and the last thing they are looking for is an expensive veteran goalie on a long term deal.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Crawford to the Jets for Pavelec and a top prospect is the most ridiculous notion ever conceived in the history of humankind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia