Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I think we'd have to add to obtain that first to replace ours. Thor might help put that offer over the top. ;)

latest

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
What do you guys think of offersheeting Huberdeau from Florida? We could move Ladd/Buff for a first, and use ours as compensation to Florida.
I don't see us offer-sheeting anybody. We'll also be facing a cap crunch in the next couple of years. If we re-sign Ladd and Buff, we'll also be looking at Trouba and Scheifele's 2nd contracts coming up. Howasbout trading Buff and another piece for Huberdeau? That would be a lot less hostile.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't see us offer-sheeting anybody. We'll also be facing a cap crunch in the next couple of years. If we re-sign Ladd and Buff, we'll also be looking at Trouba and Scheifele's 2nd contracts coming up. Howasbout trading Buff and another piece for Huberdeau? That would be a lot less hostile.

Making a splash for Ekblad would be smarter, but more expensive. Barrie connections and such.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@MarkDivver: Word is @BrownMensHockey associate head coach Mark White has taken a job as a scout for @NHLJets

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
We lost a former U.S. / NCAA scout I believe, would make sense for sure.

@MarkDivver: A big part of Mark White's #NHLJets duties expected to be scouting NCAA free agents, not just in the East but across the country.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
That's a bit of a head scratcher, he's legit at the AHL level.. You'd have to think there woild be another org that would give him a tryout with less professional goaltending depth.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
This is the guy who knocked his own net off on a 2-0 last year isn't it? I like him.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
An extra goalie body at TC is never a bad thing. Would love to see some of those NHL UFAs attend TC on a PTO. If they outperform the rookies, then sign them and let the rookies develop elsewhere.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
An extra goalie body at TC is never a bad thing. Would love to see some of those NHL UFAs attend TC on a PTO. If they outperform the rookies, then sign them and let the rookies develop elsewhere.

I wonder if...

This means Hellebuyck and someone like Leggio play on the AHL while Comrie logs big minutes in the ECHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad