Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I wonder if...

This means Hellebuyck and someone like Leggio play on the AHL while Comrie logs big minutes in the ECHL.

Wouldn't surprise me. Comrie needs minutes, and Hellebuyck needs minutes. I've held to the belief that Comrie starts in the ECHL with the Oilers like Hutchinson did when he first started with the Jets.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wonder if...

This means Hellebuyck and someone like Leggio play on the AHL while Comrie logs big minutes in the ECHL.

That's what Olkinuora is for. He'll backup Helle while Comrie starts in ECHL.

Leggio is interesting though. A better option than Olki?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I wonder if...

That's my guess. Also gives them options in case Hellebuyck ends up spending time with the Jets.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
That's my guess. Also gives them options in case Hellebuyck ends up spending time with the Jets.

And I think they really want Helly to play a lot of game in the AHL for that last year of development in that league, so why waste Comrie on the bench. Comrie goes ECHL or WHL and Leggio is Helly's backup and when Helly is called up, Comrie can start AHL games in his place. Hutch style. But we will see, they could split Helly/Comrie 60/40 with the Moose but I just don't see it.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Olki is awful, he'll be ECHL backup.

They didn't sign Jussi just for the ECHL. They don't have any reason to do that. It might work out that way if they sign Leggio.

Jussi bounced back last year after being sent down to the ECHL he played well. Well enough to be signed as backup for the Moose. Comrie was always going to the ECHL to start. Leggio provides another option for Moose backup though.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
They didn't sign Jussi just for the ECHL. They don't have any reason to do that. It might work out that way if they sign Leggio.

Jussi bounced back last year after being sent down to the ECHL he played well. Well enough to be signed as backup for the Moose. Comrie was always going to the ECHL to start. Leggio provides another option for Moose backup though.

Them signing Leggio tells you what they think of Olki and his ability to be a AHL backup. Leggio is a proven AHL vet, he is a far better option.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Them signing Leggio tells you what they think of Olki and his ability to be a AHL backup. Leggio is a proven AHL vet, he is a far better option.

Not disagreeing with your rating of Olki and Leggio but Olki is signed (AHL contract) and Leggio is not. Right now he is just a TC invite. Do they want to own 2 minor league backup goalies? They are not necessarily obligated to provide 2 goalies to Tulsa. OTOH Olki must not be costing a lot so it isn't like we are talking a big expense here.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Wouldn't surprise me. Comrie needs minutes, and Hellebuyck needs minutes. I've held to the belief that Comrie starts in the ECHL with the Oilers like Hutchinson did when he first started with the Jets.

That looks to be the plan at this point. Get Comrie a lot of games early and if need be bring him up to the Moose later in the year if Helle gets called up.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Oh man, I doubt it who would they trade? Im not sure these boards want any goalie off this roster traded either. :sarcasm:

Never said I wanted a goalie trade at this point. But if hypothetically one needed to be included in hypothetical Buff trade to balance it off, then Leggio is the insurance. If no trade then he gets cut from his PTO in camp. (pure speculation)

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Hall for Buff+

To Winnipeg ... Taylor Hall
To Edmonton ... Buff, 1st rounder, Stuart

Close to fair?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
To Edmonton ... Buff, 1st rounder, Stuart

Close to fair?

No way the Oilers take that. Edmonton has enough marginal defensemen like Stu. They probably aren't looking for picks. And Buff's a pending UFA. This offer is garbage.

Buff, Ehlers, 1st and maybe a Kosmachuk or Kostalek tier prospect might interest them if they can get an agreement in principle with Buff to extend. And that's if Edmonton isn't on Buff's no-trade list. And even then, is Buff what they need?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I would take that deal, but I'd use a burner phone so they couldn't change their mind :laugh:

No way the Oilers would do that.

I still think market price for Byfuglien right now, with one year from UFA is a 1st round pick, a solid prospect, and a young established NHL'er. Now where the prospect/ pick/ player are on the scales within those parameters really is interdependent and predicated on the particular GM's motivation to sign him.

I think we don't give enough weight to contract status and age with regards to FA status when we try to determine a players worth. What we are hoping for for a return on Buff is unrealistic. MOST GM's aren't stupid. They see the negatives that come along with trading for Buff along with the positives. I think a GM who wants to get a jump on FA and is in a win now mode might be interested, but that is the only team that should be interested in Byfuglien.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
To Edmonton ... Myers, 1st rounder, Stuart, and Armia?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
To Edmonton ... Myers, 1st rounder, Stuart, and Armia?

Why are you targeting Taylor Hall? Is that really what we need?

I really don't understand the persistent interest in a Hall trade. For one, the Oilers will want to keep Hall as a complement to McDavid. If they trade anyone, it'll be one of their centers (Draisaitl or RNH) or another offensive winger (Eberle or Yakupov).

I like Hall, but scoring up front is a strength of the Jets prospect system (Ehlers, Connor, Roslovic, Petan, etc.). I just don't see the fit.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
In 3 years...
Hall Scheif Ehlers
Connor Petan Wheeler
Harkins Lowry Roslovic
Lemieux Copp Komaschuk

Morrissey Trouba
Enstrom Buff
Chiarot Kostalek

Helle/Comrie

This is why I would trade for Hall. I would trade Little and Ladd, too. This is a formidable line up without the players we wold get back for Ladd and Little.

Put Ladd and Little and a 1st rounder in a package for a legit punishing 1LHD. Ladd, Little, a 1st, Phillips and De Leo for Hanifin and a 2nd.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
In 3 years...
Hall Scheif Ehlers
Connor Petan Wheeler
Harkins Lowry Roslovic
Lemieux Copp Komaschuk

Morrissey Trouba
Enstrom Buff
Chiarot Kostalek

Helle/Comrie

This is why I would trade for Hall. I would trade Little and Ladd, too. This is a formidable line up without the players we wold get back for Ladd and Little.

Put Ladd and Little and a 1st rounder in a package for a legit punishing 1LHD. Ladd, Little, a 1st, Phillips and De Leo for Hanifin and a 2nd.

Again, why Hall? In what way is a high scoring winger a need for us now or in the future?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
What is our LW depth?????
Connor, Ladd, Perrault, Lemieux, am I forgetting someone?
Hall is an elite LW that is locked up long term for a very reasonable 6m per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad