Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
If you're like me and live in another province and can't get Jet's TV or don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the NHL network, that website is actually really great! Allows me to watch Jet's games at work :yo:

Hope we get some news here soon on Ladd and Buff. Would love to have both resigned. [mod]
Consider NHL GameCentre Live. It cost me $179 for the season, and I'm not a Rogers customer, so no bundle discounts. The only discount I got was an "earlybird discount" for signing up before Oct 13th. I run linux on a 7-year-old Dell Dimension 530, with Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Consider NHL GameCentre Live. It cost me $179 for the season, and I'm not a Rogers customer, so no bundle discounts. The only discount I got was an "earlybird discount" for signing up before Oct 13th. I run linux on a 7-year-old Dell Dimension 530, with Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU.

Do you have blackouts though?

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
The lifting of blackouts is only in the USA. I believe they will still be in effect in Canada.

Which is why I continue to subscribe to the alternative. The cheaper price, greater hockey content, no delay, no blackouts, etc. are all reasons why Gamecentre needs to step up its game.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
IIRC, the blackouts are scheduled to end here in Canada this year. In the new Canadian TV deal the Canadian teams receive a slightly larger percentage share of the monies versus U.S. teams in exchange for the Canadian teams lifting (read as selling) their local blackout rights. They were given one year grace at that time because the local restriction deals were already in-force when the deal was initially signed with Rogers.

How that applies between Rogers and TSN am unsure - given that TSN owns the Jets rights at present.

The preceding is all IIRC.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IIRC, the blackouts are scheduled to end here in Canada this year. In the new Canadian TV deal the Canadian teams receive a slightly larger percentage share of the monies versus U.S. teams in exchange for the Canadian teams lifting (read as selling) their local blackout rights. They were given one year grace at that time because the local restriction deals were already in-force when the deal was initially signed with Rogers.

How that applies between Rogers and TSN am unsure - given that TSN owns the Jets rights at present.

How does the national TV deal impact the regional games at all? Rogers lifted the blackouts for all national games last season but Jet games on TSN were still regionally blacked out around the country and unavailble locally on GCL.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I watched the Jets on TSN. I don't remember watching Oilers,Flames, or Canucks on Sportsnet except for National games. All others were blackedout.

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
just google for "hockey streams" and you'll find something looking officially and legit enough with a .com domain.

giphy.gif

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

I'm pretty sure that there will be no change in terms of how blackouts are handled next season.

Canadian NHL teams have to give up 22 games per season to the national broadcast partner. US based teams only have to give up 15 I think. Since that leaves Canadian teams with 7 less games per season to sell regionally, they are compensated a bit more from the Canadian TV deal.

I'm not entirely sure how it works when teams are aired more often than the 22 games. I think the national partner broadcaster buys the games from the regional rights holder but I'm not entirely sure. Since Rogers would be one in the same for a lot of teams, why wouldn't they just air all their regionally held games nationally? There's obviously some restrictions in place. As much as I've searched I could never find any clear explanation on TV rights.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Cap management could get difficult, no doubt. Its only 2 mil more than Pav. Might rethink what we need in return for Buff. All hypothetical anyway. No way Chicago is doing that deal anyway.

If we have to rethink the possible return on Buff because of Crawford that's just one more reason for me not to do that deal.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What do you guys think of offersheeting Huberdeau from Florida? We could move Ladd/Buff for a first, and use ours as compensation to Florida.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
No offense sir but both of which are bad antiviruses :)

malwarebytes is anti-malware.

had them both for over 4 years on this computer and no problems yet..,
The difference between AVG and avast is....AVG says you are infected and avast says we have just stopped an infection.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What do you guys think of offersheeting Huberdeau from Florida? We could move Ladd/Buff for a first, and use ours as compensation to Florida.

Florida would match unless we offered way more than we would want to pay him.

Might be further ahead to offersheet Brock Nelson. NYI have cap space right now but they can see a crunch on the horizon. Maybe the threat of offersheets could lead to a trade but they would probably then trade with anybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia